Linking Steam Account with Giants for downloading

Sarxis

Linking Steam Account with Giants for downloading

Post by Sarxis »

Greetings creators of the best farming simulator in the universe!

Many other games allow us to link our Steam purchases to their developer's home sites so we can download standalone (without Steam) versions of the game. I request that we be allowed to download a copy from Giants if we've purchased a Steam copy.

Thank you!
Sarxis

Re: Linking Steam Account with Giants for downloading

Post by Sarxis »

So I take it that's a no?
Guil

Post by Guil »

Hi I don't think that's possible as you would be getting another copy of the game for free essentially.
Sarxis

Post by Sarxis »

If the concern is that we would share the game: if i had bought the game initially through the Giants store page, what would prevent me from giving the install out for free in that case?

I only wanted to be able to get - what I think - is the DRM free version along with the steam version, kind of what GoG has been doing for many cross-platform games. FS17 is my last game installed through Steam. I'm no longer buying games through Steam. And once I'm done playing FS17, I won't have it installed after that.
Guil

Post by Guil »

To download the game you have to use the licence key that you bought. You have to use the same key to activate the game and there's a limited amount of uses for each key. Only 1 game can use a key to play online at any one time too.
Sarxis

Post by Sarxis »

Ok I see :)
Chili46

Post by Chili46 »

I would like to MOVE my steam version of FS22 to a standalone version. Not duplicate it, just move it. I so fed up with Steam right now that I think a standalone install of the game would suit my purposes much better. Is that even possible? If not, I would definitely consider buying a standalone version of the game.