Cant find a good map :(

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Slivicon

Re: Cant find a good map :(

Post by Slivicon »

Some modders ported some of the old version maps to FS17, although in some cases some of the textures and roads are still the older versions, so not as nice as the default 17 maps in that sense...
abslayer

Post by abslayer »

Take your pick all great maps
FS17 Beaver Creek Seasons
FS17 Plains and Simple Seasons
FS17 Snettertons Farm Seasons
FS17 Cherry Hills Seasons
FS17 Sherwood Park Farm Seasons
FS17 Pine Cove Farm Seasons
Gold Crest FS2017 map edit V1.0.0.9MP
Nestoche

Post by Nestoche »

If you love to multitask, you'll love MAVERICKS MULTIFRUIT V1.06 for the PC. There are lots to do in this map that it seems overwhelming at times but it is all in good fun at the same time!...This map IMO is the best I have tried so far. It has everything and I mean everything from a bunch of different fruit types and a lot... and I mean lots of production buildings to produce other types of products. I am putting tons of hours on this one so far.

This map is perfect with using the Seasons mod and starting on Hard difficulty due to the fact that the map builder starts you off with high-end equipment and a good head start with a lot of fruits already in the silos. (I am using 9 days with U.S.Midwest GEO) due to the fact that while you wait for the fruits to grow and develop you can do other things to keep you busy. I still haven't got to animals yet. I can't believe one person did this map and it is his first map. He did a magnificent job for being his first. You have to at least check it out!.....I love this game!
GIJoe597

Post by GIJoe597 »

If you want a good farming experience with some factory options as well as random events, I suggest Gifts of the Caucasus. It is small enough for one person, yet plenty of things in addition to field work. Throw in many animated things, passenger plane, waterfall, huge dam and nuclear power plant as scenery you have this map.

On the other hand, if you want a large 4x map where you can do almost anything you can think of, from mining ore/gold/stone/etc to making your own seeds and fertilizer to supplying restaurants donut shops, melting winter snow for water when everything is frozen in Seasons mod and such I suggest Pleasant Valley V 3.6.

http://pvmods.enjin.com/downloads17
Steam: GIJoe597
Retiree who enjoys video games.
High Cotton

Post by High Cotton »

If you like American Maps with actual terrain not just a flat square with some ditches try No Creek Farms. Its a standard size map. Only has one sell point but the terrain is very realistic. The map author decided one sell point was better to keep the terrain as real as possible. Some fields you will drive a good distance on dirt field roads around the edges of other fields, through the woods, and cross creeks to get to them. The PDA picture is a Google Earth image. It’s how many farms in my area are really laid out. The fields aren’t hired worker friendly. The fields are not square and the they go all the way to the tree lines or ditches. It’s been my favorite of the American style maps. I also like UMRV but, it I’m waiting on a the final release before I invest much time in to it. It’s a nice map but has a few bugs and takes a decent GPU to keep the frame rates up.
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

The Valley The Old Farm and Westbridge Hills for me. Although I haven't touched Westbridge Hills since I started TVTOF with seasons. Really enjoyed The Old Stream Farm too, just a little bit too crowded for me is all. Still had around 40 hours on that map before I deleted it though.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
jeremyj621

Post by jeremyj621 »

When it comes to maps, there are a few pet peeves of mine that I look for that ruin the map for me:
1. Isolated Chicken Coop: If the chicken coop is isolated from the main farm, I at least like it to have some surrounding fields to purchase and some storage buildings for equipment. This is the main thing I don't like about the Estancia Lapacho map: the chicken coop is isolated from the main farm with no storage buildings or fields nearby. You really have to go out of your way to collect those eggs! On the Dusty Cove map, the chicken coop is separated from the main farm, but at least it has storage buildings and fields nearby.
2. Static Animals: Static, non-productive animals in barns or fields is a big turn-off for me. It makes no sense to include them. I'd prefer to have a herd of starting productive animals. This goes for animal sounds in livestock areas with no livestock as well. Get rid of those ghosts and give me live animals to start with!
3. Large Fields, Limited Storage Space: I like large fields, but if there is limited storage space on the farm for the large equipment, it's a strike against the design of the map in my opinion. I had this issue with Oregon Springs.

I've played most of the maps available for download on the FS modhub, and less than a handful have I found to be enjoyable: Westbridge Hills (all time favorite!), Bjornholm, Hagenstedt, Dusty Cove, and East Coast Hills (not West Coast with its static animals!). The rest are either too buggy or too small for my tastes.
Zetor9145

Post by Zetor9145 »

See I have played
Broxton,
The West Coast,
The Valley The old Farm,
Sussex Farm,
Lossberg,
Sandy Bay,
Lawfolds.

All have been great maps to play on but either they don't have collisions Which is ok until one of the workers escapes or have been updated and a new game save is required.

The valley the old farm is a lovely map but again no collisions so its days are numbered. I played 200+ hours on Lawfolds and that was a fab map, Likewise, Sussex farm, Had well over 100hrs on it until it was updated and a new save required.
I make absolutely no apology for bringing collisions up as that is a deal breaker for me.

Have played some of the big American maps but the really big fields do tend to bore me so stick with the UK/euro style maps.
OnlyMe

Post by OnlyMe »

Robbh6 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:53 pm Speaking of lawfolds, and a little off topic here... Does anyone know if lawfolds will be updated for seasons?
I don't think anyone here has seen Stussy or heard anything about him since Lawfolds came out. So I think it's highly unlikely there will be an update for Seasons/sugarcane.
Playing on PS4
Lurcher man

Post by Lurcher man »

West coast
Sandy bay
Thornton
Cb
And by the look of it oakfield
Rest are rhubarb
Robbh6

Post by Robbh6 »

OnlyMe wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:01 pmI don't think anyone here has seen Stussy or heard anything about him since Lawfolds came out. So I think it's highly unlikely there will be an update for Seasons/sugarcane.
Not sure why but I was afraid that might have been the answer. :sadnew:

Which is a shame as lawfolds is a cracking map in my opinion. I have 180+ hours on it iirc.
PC MasterRace
- Mostly farming on the incredible Lone Oak Farm.

SPECS-
Intel i7-8086k @ 5.2GHz (1.32v)
16GB teamgroup ram @4000Mhz
Gigabyte FE GTX 1080 @ 2152core/2778memory
Asus maximus hero X mobo
Intel 760p Nvme 512GB SSD
1TB SSD
Custom Waterloop.
OnlyMe

Post by OnlyMe »

I know the feeling. I was a permanent resident at Lawfolds untill TWC came along. I've got something like 465 hrs on Lawfolds if I remember correctly. :)
Playing on PS4
abslayer

Post by abslayer »

Just go and get this one
Best layout of any map I tried total joy to play (( Thanks Stevie)) great job
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

abslayer wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:51 pm Just go and get this one
Best layout of any map I tried total joy to play (( Thanks Stevie)) great job
Just downloaded it.

This is a fantastic map. This and Oakfield Farm will keep me very busy.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

i really didnt like Pine Cove.. to begin with i hate that all the pallets auto sell.. i like hauling my stuff to the store.. but more so because i dont like GCV edits.. i dont like GCV.. never did.. when i got fs17 before any mod maps came out for console i tried it, hated it and went straight back into sosnovka pretty well picking up where i left off from fs15.. GCV is a garbage map and every edit ive found reflects this.. i hate the coloring of the map.. i hate the layout of the map.. i just plain dont like it at all.. just my opinion though.. to each their own
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick