Frontier Design - Discussion Topic

RODHA

Re: Frontier Design - Discussion Topic

Post by RODHA »

^^ I can confidently say that it is about your slot count. I had similar issues with Oakfield when I was down to 200 slots.
I was also on PS4 and running seasons.
When I sold a lot of vehicles and increased the number back to above 400 all those issues were gone.
I'm assuming this is not a map issue.

Btw, I'm on lone oak with seasons atm but I'm over 800 slots I guess and having no issues whatsoever.
PS5 / FS22
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

RODHA wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:30 am ^^ I can confidently say that it is about your slot count. I had similar issues with Oakfield when I was down to 200 slots.
I was also on PS4 and running seasons.
When I sold a lot of vehicles and increased the number back to above 400 all those issues were gone.
I'm assuming this is not a map issue.

Btw, I'm on lone oak with seasons atm but I'm over 800 slots I guess and having no issues whatsoever.
I figured that. So how come the slot counter isn't shown accurately I wonder?
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

^^ It is probably accurate. It just doesn't mean problems should occur only at 0. When you get close to depleting a resource you will get issues even if you are not at 0.
PS5 / FS22
BigNRichlll

Post by BigNRichlll »

I had the problem with over 500 slots left. Restarted the game/xbox& problem went away without selling off anything. A problem on Lone Oak is better than no problem anywhere else. *thumbsup*
I make jokes that others don't get.
Robbh6

Post by Robbh6 »

@BulletBill.

Not sure if this has been noticed yet? I'm still not even sure how I spotted it but did somehow.

Not sure if it's too late to do anything about it (for an update?) or if someone else has already spotted it but thought you might like to know anyway.

Cheers for the great map anyway. Thoroughly enjoying it 30 hours in..... :gamer:
PC MasterRace
- Mostly farming on the incredible Lone Oak Farm.

SPECS-
Intel i7-8086k @ 5.2GHz (1.32v)
16GB teamgroup ram @4000Mhz
Gigabyte FE GTX 1080 @ 2152core/2778memory
Asus maximus hero X mobo
Intel 760p Nvme 512GB SSD
1TB SSD
Custom Waterloop.
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

Maybe I'm missing something but how do the fields work in this map? I thought many of the starting fields were grass but then my worker accidentally started planting over it and by the time I noticed the whole field was done and planted. Is that something to do with textures?

If I plant grass will it permanently stay grass until plowed over?
Aholz89

Post by Aholz89 »

Fantastic Map! Such attention to detail!

Only thing I've noticed besides the things already mentioned is the manure at the cow pasture.

Is it not supposed to appear in the (what looks like a) manure pit by the slurry pit?

It now fills up inside the barn.
Came here for information, stayed for the entertainment.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

gilroy222 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:04 am Maybe I'm missing something but how do the fields work in this map? I thought many of the starting fields were grass but then my worker accidentally started planting over it and by the time I noticed the whole field was done and planted. Is that something to do with textures?

Unless your worker seeds over it.
It doesmt have to be plowed.
It can be done under by one of the seeders.that cultivates.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Aholz89 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:09 am Fantastic Map! Such attention to detail!

Only thing I've noticed besides the things already mentioned is the manure at the cow pasture.

Is it not supposed to appear in the (what looks like a) manure pit by the slurry pit?

Nope,a lot of mod maps now require you to manually muck out the cow shed
Case1370

Post by Case1370 »

All I can say is wow, by you guys at Frontier Designs, with this Lone Oak map. Very impressive map, and the detail is amazing. I normally wait till all bugs are worked out before starting a map, for fear of putting a bunch of hours into the map, only to have to stat over, but its going to be tough waiting to start on this map. This puts every other map to shame, I cant even begin to imagine how many hours were spent making this map,lol.
Aholz89

Post by Aholz89 »

Patrick73 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:18 am
Aholz89 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:09 am Fantastic Map! Such attention to detail!

Yes, I've seen it on some other mod maps, but was unsure if it was intentional.
Came here for information, stayed for the entertainment.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Aholz89 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:15 am
Patrick73 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:18 am

Yes, I've seen it on some other mod maps, but was unsure if it was intentional.
Becarefull about that though.
Because if you set the worker to use manure from the cows, you need the pile to stay where it is spawned.
If you remove it to somewhere else worker just can't use it.
PS5 / FS22
44mfarmall

Post by 44mfarmall »

Just started on Lone Oak farm and I am amazed at at how real the map feels after playing it for 5 hrs. straight.

THREE CHEERS FOR BULLET BILL !! *thumbsup*
The Men,
The Myths,
The Legendary teams
we all know them as
the Modders and Developers
of this awesome franchise
we call Farming Simulator :this:
Heroes : All Modders
PS4 player
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

44mfarmall wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:18 am Just started on Lone Oak farm and I am amazed at at how real the map feels after playing it for 5 hrs. straight.

THREE CHEERS FOR BULLET BILL !! *thumbsup*
If that’s anything like me, that times was spent mowing the fields by the farm. Half a million litres of grass! Loved it 😊
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

TacoFarmer wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:07 am
gilroy222 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:04 am Maybe I'm missing something but how do the fields work in this map? I thought many of the starting fields were grass but then my worker accidentally started planting over it and by the time I noticed the whole field was done and planted. Is that something to do with textures?

Unless your worker seeds over it.
It doesmt have to be plowed.
It can be done under by one of the seeders.that cultivates.

Has it always been that way in FS 17? I seem to remember that you had to go over a grass field with the Lizard roller or "create fields" with a plough in order to return it back to field