Frontier Design - Discussion Topic

CombineBert

Re: Frontier Design - Discussion Topic

Post by CombineBert »

At the main farm, the sheds with the fuel container in, behind that is a small hut with a tree behind it. I have been unable to remove this tree to put a placeable. Has anyone else been able to remove it? Is it intentionally set to not be removable?

I've had a weird traffic bug which I think has been seen, but a save and a restart of game seemed to resolve this. As another poster has written, a challenging sweet spot for silage bales at the BGA.

Apart from the above niggles, loving this map, it is of the upmost quality. Well done Bill and colleagues, you have set the bar very high. Giants, you have a lot to live up to with your next stock maps in FS19!
Platform: WIN 10 | Game Version: PC Steam
Devices: Logitech G29 Wheel, pedals & shifter | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick | Stream Deck

Current FS19 Maps:
Ravensburg - 9 Day Seasons
BigNRichlll

Post by BigNRichlll »

Pensarethebest wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:02 pm I officially have more hours on this map than any other......love it. Top notch work.
How? Lol I feel like I've been playing this almost to the point of burnout & I've barely cracked 75hrs.. do you have a 24/7 server? Lol
I make jokes that others don't get.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

At about 1 hour a day for me, it'll be a while before I log as many hours as I had on Lawfolds. But it's going to happen!
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Case1370

Post by Case1370 »

CombineBert wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:05 pm At the main farm, the sheds with the fuel container in, behind that is a small hut with a tree behind it. I have been unable to remove this tree to put a placeable. Has anyone else been able to remove it? Is it intentionally set to not be removable?

I've had a weird traffic bug which I think has been seen, but a save and a restart of game seemed to resolve this. As another poster has written, a challenging sweet spot for silage bales at the BGA.

Apart from the above niggles, loving this map, it is of the upmost quality. Well done Bill and colleagues, you have set the bar very high. Giants, you have a lot to live up to with your next stock maps in FS19!

I just tried to cut that tree that you are talking about, and I couldnt cut it either, Im on a PC to by the way. Its possible it was made that way on purpose, although it may just be something that was missed. Maybe Bill, or one of the guys who worked on this can clarify if it was intentional. Being that the map is based on a real life location, the owner of that farm may have wanted it that way, as thats also possible.
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

Is chopped straw not included for the map on console?
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Check out a brand new video of the 2018 harvest on the real life "Coldborough Park Farm".

https://youtu.be/MRUJbMVW6U8
Dusty1424

Post by Dusty1424 »

CPF the first mod map I played on for any length of time , a classic piece of work *thumbsup*
Weasle

Post by Weasle »

I think there might be a problem with the mission times with field 17. Its 3 something acres true , but it gives you only 7:58 to do it. With it's odd shape and by the time you get the vehicle turned around and unfolded, you run out of time, best ive been able to do was about 80 percent. And that is just for putting down slurry.
Weasle

Post by Weasle »

On lone oak

Well i got to 95 pct about but still failed, so much for putting slurry on field 17.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Weasle wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:39 am On lone oak

Well i got to 95 pct about but still failed, so much for putting slurry on field 17.
The mission system is default coding. My map is the same as any other map when it comes to missions.
When testing all the fields for missions we usually found you had ages to do them.
Weasle

Post by Weasle »

Im telling you what I am experiencing. I just now failed field 17 again on a sowing mission, like 75 percent done. It is like any mission on that field i am not getting enough time. Other fields i have about twice as much time, this field seems i have time reduced, i have not had enough time to do ANY mission there.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

17 is a really odd shaped field right? That may be throwing it off because the missions seem to work better with rectangular fields. Maybe just don't try anymore missions on that one.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Case1370

Post by Case1370 »

Weasle wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:38 am I think there might be a problem with the mission times with field 17. Its 3 something acres true , but it gives you only 7:58 to do it. With it's odd shape and by the time you get the vehicle turned around and unfolded, you run out of time, best ive been able to do was about 80 percent. And that is just for putting down slurry.

The missions system to begin with is a joke, hopefully Giants does away with this, and adds renting farmland, and/or the ability to do custom work for other farmers, instead of this ridiculous mission system they have. Obviously whoever came up with that idea likely has never farmed IRL,lol.

I dont really do missions, but there is a mod out that allows you to do a certain percentage of a field. Im not sure what its called, but if your someone who does missions, you might want to check into that. Im not sure if that mod is just for PC's, or if it available for the consoles as well.
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

I can't recall which is field 17. If its on the smaller side and oddly shaped, that could be the problem. I've noticed that on small field on other maps (GCV and Sosnovka included), you've got less time to get the work done compared to what you need. I believe this is because on smaller fields you spend a greater percentage of your time turning rather than making passes. Add an oddly shaped field to that and you spend even more time turning. There was a smaller oddly shaped field on one map which required me to race through the mission in order finish with only seconds to spare.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
Weasle

Post by Weasle »

Yeah i play on hard seasons, so doing missions helps me make money and also shave the price off of fields so it helps. I will just use the other field this guy owns to get reputation. I have not been doing many turns and maximize my approach on that field but I never have the time. Its a bad field.