Seasons Mod Thread #2

empato

Re: Seasons Mod Thread #2

Post by empato »

@ reallogger: Your answer is longer and much better than mine... *thumbsup*
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

reallogger wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:06 amWe don't change the spilled food type, except during winter where sheep and cows spill hay, not grass. Maybe you are in winter @RODHA?
Yup, that is correct. That started to happen in winter.
That makes sense though. As grass shouldn't be there in winter, the spilled crop is hay.
But we have the mighty forage silo :mrgreen:
Thanks reallogger :hi:
PS5 / FS22
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

RODHA wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:13 pm But we have the mighty forage silo :mrgreen:
Some would call that cheating :D :D :D
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

I know I know :biggrin2:
Once I get my head around the seasons fully, I'll start a hard game on probably Oakfield.
I'm planning to go full realistic on that one. I mean not even a single moment out cab.
That realistic. No loose stuff, just bales. Basically no nothing that makes any job easy.
I'll do everything on my own without making anything easy.

Btw, for that kind of a game play, would you recommend a 9 day per season setup or a longer period?
PS5 / FS22
Skullblits

Post by Skullblits »

If u want realistic do the full length xD
New to farming? Ask questions here. viewtopic.php?f=893&t=107651

PS4 user
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

I thought about that but even with 5x speed a year takes over 60hrs of game play on a 9 day per season setup.
I don't think I can play on 1 map that long.
PS5 / FS22
traveler87

Post by traveler87 »

9 days is fine for a decent chunk of land. On tvtof I have about 200 hrs and maybe 40% of the fields on 9 days without much problem. About to start year 3. First 50 or so hours were without seasons before the mod was released. So at my rate I cover a year every 50hours or so. I play on 5x when necessary, but prefer 15x

I agree logger that the forage silo is kind of cheaty and unrealistic. However I've changed my tune lately on the ps4 for performance reasons. The game gets so laggy once u have a bit of equipment that I'm trying to remove bales entirely from the map. It's unfortunate, but it's fs17.
coolio31

Post by coolio31 »

Thanks for your replies guys!
I'm playing on TVTOF map with 6 days seasons and with all my fields ( i bought 2 fields) i have to run to fertlize all. So i guess next winter i'll play with 9 days seasons...
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

@RODHA: Don't worry about playstyle. Most important is to have fun.

Length of season is a trickly subject as it is linked to game speed and personal preference. So there is no correct answer as everyone plays differently.

Personally, I would restrict game speed to never use 1x, but keeping 5x as default and then use higher speed in days where there is little to do. At 5x I get a feeling of days passing and the cyccle of the seasons that I do'nt get when using 1x. I like the pressure weather brings in the game and with 1x you can pretty much avoid that pressure.

Next I would maybe start using 9 day season (or 6 day if you start small scale). Or longer if you have a large scale farm and don't use workers. But to me game speed is more important that length of season. If you play at 5x (or 15x) and have multiple days in every seasons without much work to do, you are probably playing with a too long season length compared to playstyle.

A bit wishy washy answer. but hope it helps :) Also as said, this boils pretty much down to personal preference.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

reallogger wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:53 pmAt 5x I get a feeling of days passing and the cyccle of the seasons that I do'nt get when using 1x.
Thank you very much for the detailed answer reallogger. Really helped on my perspective.
And I do feel exactly the same with you about the part I quoted from your post.
1x speed never really gives the proper excitement, pressure and feel of the changing seasons.
I was thinking in between the two: 1x speed on a shorter season length or 5x speed on a longer season length.
And as I was already leaning to the 5x side, your answer just solidified my decision.
I'm really not sure what to do in terms of playing style on my next map but I really want to go super realistic without any exception.
Because, I realised after 2000+ hrs that this game gives it's full potential if you take your time instead of rushing and if you play it like the real life.
Seasons gave me that chance. Thank you guys all over again *thumbsup* :hi:
PS5 / FS22
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

I don't like 1x because I have to much time to make money off the lumber side and weather is meaningless. I'm at x5 and three days. I can't keep up during hay season and winter months is idle time which I think is realistic. I might switch to six day and use x15 more but I'm not sure how to regulate it.
The silo mod is fine just wish it was tiered. At it present state it cost nothing but holds a ton.
Jamiephilips23

Post by Jamiephilips23 »

Am doing logging on bsm new map with 3 day seasons with time at 5x logging slightly later in the summer, just trying to pay off my colossal loan then next year going to do some silage and maybe try some animals as well overall loving seasons! *thumbsup*
Massive thanks to all console modders out there!! *thumbsup*
PSN; scottish_bawbag_
My PS4 Community; All Aspects Of Farming :hi:
CombineBert

Post by CombineBert »

On a startup farm I find 15x at 6 day seasons suits me. I have to drop to 5x on occasion. As I expand, will move to 9 day seasons at 15x.

When I first tried seasons on a new save started at 5x on 9 days. Ended up fast forwarding most days which seemed pointless.

I think it takes a little while for everyone to find their sweet spot.
Platform: WIN 10 | Game Version: PC Steam
Devices: Logitech G29 Wheel, pedals & shifter | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick | Stream Deck

Current FS19 Maps:
Ravensburg - 9 Day Seasons
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

5x, 6 days on TVTOF. I have very little down time, but I do have some. Once the farm gets bigger, I'll bump it up to 9 days.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
empato

Post by empato »

I`m on 5x with 3 days and skip night usually around 8-9 pm. Will change it to 6 days with 5x when I expand my farm a bit more.
For me 5x is the best speed and I usually never change it to 1x or 15x.