What is the largest console pig farm ?

masterplan

Re: What is the largest console pig farm ?

Post by masterplan »

I can't complain of overstock of manure and slurry. And I also have 2600+ cows. But I also have 240 ha of fields.

I use belts for cleaning excessive corn, but currently as I reduced my pig's population by 5000 and have overfilled their feeding trough, I have to clean corn manually. No big deal with a JCB frontloader + 11,5k bucket though. ;-)
FS22 @ Xbox Series X | waiting for a cool mod map :biggrin2:
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

For gods sake... How on earth did you see that post? :shock: :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
You are still on WoT as far as I can see. So, you effectively quit the game :biggrin2:

Btw, I do remember 26k. Or am I just making that up :confusednew:
Nevertheless, that was ridiculous. I still can't forget how the food is spilled on the floor instantly just after you clean it up.
PS5 / FS22
Skullblits

Post by Skullblits »

Wouldn't one of them sweeper things have been better?

You just have to drive over it. Granted ull lose the food.
New to farming? Ask questions here. viewtopic.php?f=893&t=107651

PS4 user
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Believe me, you wouldn't want to loose that much crop.
We are talking about almost 100k spilled food iirc.
PS5 / FS22
VMB-TAN

Post by VMB-TAN »

Whaa! Those numbers O_O
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

Haha there's nothing concerning me I'd miss. :-D
Because I only go online when playing WoT. Otherwise I'm still offline. ;-) Btw. did you know I sold all my sheep? Got sick & tired of the ever so bugged palette loading - every other palette got stuck on the fork that bad I had to restart the game to unstuck it. :-(

Nah, 26k sounds like too much for me. Maybe it was 20 600. That sounds more like me as I usually sell when I'm above 20k. I fill it all up and start selling pigs.

Skullblits: exactly point of my previous post. You guys at Giants didn't think big enough. ;-) Sweeper might work when you have like 1000 pigs tops. In my case I'd be wasting several full tippers a day. I reduced my pigs to 15 500 and since the feeding trough was overfilled, belts didn't take, so I had to clean up the corn manually. Within like 3 hours (maybe 4) there was 70 000 liters of corn.
On the other hand: I pretty much have to have 15-20 000 pigs and 2600+ cows to produce enough manure and slurry to be able to fertilise my fields.

VMB-TAN: quite normal numbers for me. A bit over 5 000 000 liters of corn. ;-)
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

The poor sheep :sadnew: You should keep just 100 at least for show.

So, you have been playing all those times after Giants fixed the fertilizing problem :biggrin2:

What about seasons?
PS5 / FS22
Skullblits

Post by Skullblits »

I have nearly 200 cows and it takes 6 hours to make 1 new one.. I've one breeder in a herd of 200 :(
New to farming? Ask questions here. viewtopic.php?f=893&t=107651

PS4 user
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

Nah, I'm getting angry with the palette loading. I don't need sheep. They're useless since you reach the point when you don't knw what to do with all the money. ;-)

Well not all those times, but I've played for a coouple of hours recently. ;-)

Nope. I have my 5-zones-system on Lawfolds and I don't wanna break it. Besides Lawfolds is not suitable for seasons as it doesn't have a massive grain storage. And I definitelly don't wanna start a new map and start from scratch.

Skullblits: you have to buy cows, they breed quite slowly. On the other hand they pay for themselves quite quickly with milk. I'm quite curious how far you'll go. ;-)
VMB-TAN

Post by VMB-TAN »

If there only would be an auto palletloader...

Sweeper? You mean that red-white robot thing? Why doesn't that work? Too much spillage?
Thefisherj

Post by Thefisherj »

He means a thing that deletes loose material
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Masterplan did you start off from scratch with your monster pig farm? When you say you don’t sell crops has that always been the case or are all those pigs just from reproduction?
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

VMB-TAN wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:21 pm If there only would be an auto palletloader...

Sweeper? You mean that red-white robot thing? Why doesn't that work? Too much spillage?
The American flatbed mod has autoload for pallets (and other things). It is fantastic for loading wool and takes away all the twitching and bouncing and frustration of doing it manually. Not sure if it is available for console.
VMB-TAN

Post by VMB-TAN »

I'm not sure either. But thanks for the heads up, i'll look into it *thumbsup*
AP_Oddity7

Post by AP_Oddity7 »

vicarofdeeath wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:20 pm Hello i currently have a console based pig farm which has automated feeding and cleaning. it is over 111k and growing fast. what si the biggest pig farm out there on console ?
I saw that in your stream this morning, now you're at 111K have you any targets in mind? or just go until it breaks?