What is the largest console pig farm ?

VMB-TAN

Re: What is the largest console pig farm ?

Post by VMB-TAN »

Very nice *thumbsup*
vicarofdeeath

Post by vicarofdeeath »

Im currently in process of rebuilding the farm we now at a solid 170k. the stats are part red and part orange during the re-design. currently trying to store away 10 mill in straw the farm is streamed 3 times a day on mixer.com/vicarofdeeath. come have a look i can answer all your questions then.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

170k pigs? Are you being serious? Can we have pics?
PS5 / FS22
AP_Oddity7

Post by AP_Oddity7 »

RODHA wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:26 am 170k pigs? Are you being serious? Can we have pics?
Not quite sure what you want a picture of,

Hope that helps
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

AP_Oddity7 wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:34 pmNot quite sure what you want a picture of,
ImageHope that helps
Well, looking at the feed situation I don't think that is a maintained pig farm and being kept at that population all the time. Because it seems you need almost 70M ltrs of corn to fill up the trough which is just impossible to produce on any map in FS17 and I don't even take the other crops into consideration.

You PC guys can change the numbers on anything via xml files right?

You can't make anybody that really worked on 10-20k pigs believe that you maintain a 170k pig farm. It simply impossible with the resources of FS17.
PS5 / FS22
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

I don’t know if this guys pig numbers are legit or not but you do not need to have all bars filled green. He is playing without seasons so it is certainly possible to keep high productivity with that number of pigs.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Yes of course. And I can't claim it is fake. But I've been in masterplans farm and just imagine this; you scoop up the spilled food from the ground which is something like 70k-ish ltrs and just within the same minute it spills again as a pile you can climb on with a wheel loader.

I know, spilled food on the troughs refresh in every 10mins game time but somehow more frequent if you have that much pigs (20k).

Even keeping the trough clean is a job on it's own. I'm not just talking about the feed amount. The whole work you need to maintain that kind of a pig population is just impossible to keep up with.

Edit: I forgot the fact that 170k pigs will deplete all the crops in the trough in a couple for hours time as they all are too low and there is no way to harvest that much crop in just a couple of hours even if you wanted to keep them just in the red.
PS5 / FS22
markare

Post by markare »

I can confirm it is legit. I watched his stream. He has conveyors all over the place, every field is seeded with pig feed crops and the numbers go up rapid with reproduction. The food dumps on top of the feed trough and gets used. 100% legit pig farm.

Also he isn't a pc guy as you stated he is a console player. You can also see that from his screenshot
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Oppss yes, he is on xbox. Really sorry for the confusion. My bad. But still, my mind just doesn't comprehend it.
I know what 20k looks like and that is enough for me to just eliminate anything over that.
Besides, how does he really grow that much crop? Especially if he is on xbox. He doesn't even get 4x maps.
If he is not using an xbox controller on the PC :biggrin2: You see, my brain just rejects the possibility that can be real.
Last edited by RODHA on Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PS5 / FS22
markare

Post by markare »

I advise to watch his live stream then. He describes in detail how he done it, setup etc
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
VMB-TAN

Post by VMB-TAN »

Fake or not, i'm loving the stats *thumbsup*
vicarofdeeath

Post by vicarofdeeath »

Im going to make a video of it for my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb_M91w1pew this is my last video on there 2 months back kind of give you an idea of my setup although it has changed a great deal.
vicarofdeeath

Post by vicarofdeeath »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb_M91w1pew this is a 2 month old video new vid to come.
vicarofdeeath

Post by vicarofdeeath »

RODHA wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:52 pm
AP_Oddity7 wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:34 pmNot quite sure what you want a picture of,
ImageHope that helps
Well, looking at the feed situation I don't think that is a maintained pig farm and being kept at that population all the time. Because it seems you need almost 70M ltrs of corn to fill up the trough which is just impossible to produce on any map in FS17 and I don't even take the other crops into consideration.

You PC guys can change the numbers on anything via xml files right?

You can't make anybody that really worked on 10-20k pigs believe that you maintain a 170k pig farm. It simply impossible with the resources of FS17.

THE FARM IS IN MIDDLE OF A RE-DESIGN IM DOING THE FEED ON PURPOSE.
VMB-TAN

Post by VMB-TAN »

vicarofdeeath wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:43 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb_M91w1pew this is a 2 month old video new vid to come.
That is such an awesome setup! *thumbsup2*
I only watched the first 30 minutes, but I'm definately gonna watch the rest tomorrow ;)