Farming Simulator 17 Authentication Servers Down Again?

Foosmeel

Farming Simulator 17 Authentication Servers Down Again?

Post by Foosmeel »

So about 4 days ago me and my Friend were getting the "No connection could be established to the Server." on the Steam Version on PC every time we tried to create a non dedicated server or even look at the server list, we tried it again the next day, same thing, same error. This morning Today, the servers worked for us perfectly and were able to play.

We started playing for 2 - 3 hours, eventually my friend had to restart his PC because his controller was not working. When he tried to get back into my Non Dedicated Server, he got the same error when trying to access the Server List "No connection could be established to the Server.". I was still in the server, every thing was fine, so I decided to restart my game to see if I was able to access the Servers when trying to Create or go to the Server list. I was not able to and got the same error "No connection could be established to the Server".

This can be extremely frustrating because we both were just in the server and yet when trying to get back in, couldn't connect to Farming Simulator 17's Main Servers anymore. It's also more frustrating when there is no Server Status for Farming Simulator 17 or any Tweets or anything from Giants Software saying there was maintenance or server issues. So basically I am here today to try and get an answer and to ask others if they are experiencing the same issue. We even got another friend to get the game and he is having the same issue, so it seems the Authentication Servers for Farming Simulator 17 On PC are down. This will continue to happen for many Hours/Days and it really kills our playing time since we don't have much of it in the first place due to having Jobs and Life's lol. There is also no way this is on our end since it was working and is not working now, we have not installed any mods or changed anything that could cause this we are also on Different Internet Service Providers, so it cant be our internet and we have all the required ports forwarded and have tested to see if they were open, which they were.

To sum this all up, has anyone had this issue today or a few days ago? Is there a PC Server Status Page that I have missed somewhere Online? Because I have looked for hours and there seems to be nothing. Any help would be Appreciated, Thanks! :D
Last edited by Foosmeel on Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
markare

Re: Farming Simulator 17 Servers Down Again?

Post by markare »

Giants don't have multiplayer servers. It's your own game and own Internet that provide the server. Check your Internet connection and make sure your NAT is open
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
Foosmeel

Re: Farming Simulator 17 Servers Down Again?

Post by Foosmeel »

markare wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:06 am Giants don't have multiplayer servers. It's your own game and own Internet that provide the server. Check your Internet connection and make sure your NAT is open
I understand that when you Host a game it uses your own Internet connection to Host the Server but I do believe that Farming Simulator has Authentication Servers for the Server list and Authentication for creating a server. When you go to Mutliplayer>Create Game>Select SaveGame>Select Mods>Multiplayer Settings>Then finally Start. It will then Authenticate with their servers by saying "Please wait, connecting to server.". Same thing when you try to get to the Server list by going to Multiplayer>Join Game>Character Select>Then it will say "Please wait, connecting to server." Which would be the Authentication Server, once connected you are able to see the server list.

For all 3 of my friends, it fails after trying to connect to the Authentication Server. Like I said in my Previous post, we all had it working, but after a restart of the game we cant even get through the Authentication Process. Even though this has no relevance towards my NAT type, I checked, Open Nat, on all our Routers. There is no way that for all 3 of us it stopped working at the same time because of our NAT Type on 3 different routers on 3 different ISP's. This has to be on there end, or one hell of a coincidence that something went wrong on all ends at the exact same time on 3 different ISP's.

I have been working with Computers and Networking for 12 years, with all my knowledge and Experience, I do not think that this is our Problem. Mainly because we are able to get into the Authentication Servers every now and then on Certain days but some days not, like the Authentication Servers are having issues or something of that matter. We even had this problem many years ago on Farming Simulator 15, Most of the time it would work but a lot of the time it wouldn't.

My Theory is that the Authentication Servers were up this morning when we were able to get in, we played for about 3 hours but within those 3 hours the Authentication Servers went down. So we were already Authenticated when we were in the Server but as soon as my friend left and tried to Authenticate after a restart, the Authentication Servers were down and he was unable to get through to the server list and join my server that was already up with Me in it. Soon as I quit to check and see if I could authenticate my self and create the server again, I was not able to, having the same issue as my friends were. So I believe that the Authentication Servers just went down and stayed down for multiple hours/days at a time. I have been trying all day today, every hour, to see if I can get in, so far nothing. But eventually I will be able to get in after Days/Hours of trying. So it does sound like they are down to me, but I am not 100% sure because I don't have any more friends that play this game that can verify that it is working, which is why I was asking here.

So technically this will resolve it self in time, but it's frustrating that I paid so much money for a game with Multiplayer, but the Multiplayer always has this issue making us unable to fully enjoy the game and there is not even a Authentication Server Status for Farming Simulator anywhere which most games do have or at least the Developers post when there are outages. Again this is just my theory so I really am not blaming anyone or anything at this moment, just trying to get to the bottom of this issue.

Again, any help would be appreciated! :D
Guil

Re: Farming Simulator 17 Authentication Servers Down Again?

Post by Guil »

Have you tried rebooting your router when this happens?
Foosmeel

Post by Foosmeel »

Guil wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:35 am Have you tried rebooting your router when this happens?
Yes, this is happening on 3 different Routers, 3 different ISP's, and 3 different Computers. I pretty much have done all the basics like Restarting and Port Forwarding, like I said before, this is not only happening to me but 2 other people who I play with so it would be a big coincidence for all our Routers, PC's, and Internet to have the same problem.

Is the Authentication Servers working for everyone else?
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Post by bassaddict »

The servers are running fine all the time. The best indication for this is by checking our social media channels, forum, discord... If the MP servers are down or having any kind of connection problems, you would most definitely read a lot of complaints that it's not working.

If you're using mods, you should try without. Also make sure you're connected via cable to rule out any wireless problems. It also might be helpful to disable/remove any other device from the local network to make sure they're not interfering.
If you still can't get it to work, you should contact our support. They might be able to help or have other suggestiond what to try. https://farming-simulator.com/support.php