Giants , You've messed up!

jackcollins

Giants , You've messed up!

Post by jackcollins »

Giants , you have just lost on of your biggest modders i dont think this should go un noticed.this is a message for all modders big or small.He stated he wants amodder to take over "CD Modelz"if inerested,meaning he might not return in fs19.
Nigelbilt

Re: Giants , You've messed up!

Post by Nigelbilt »

Is this still about the ratings issue? What does this have to do with GIANTS?

If he wants to quit modding it’s his choice.
jackcollins

Post by jackcollins »

he didnt wnt to quit modding he was forced as he complained about the rating and giants refused to test is mods correct me if im wrong
Guil

Post by Guil »

Giants don't rate the mods, users do.
jackcollins

Post by jackcollins »

he compained about the rting
Guil

Post by Guil »

What do you expect Giants to do? The rating system is messed up but how can it be fixed?
eric21

Post by eric21 »

It wansnt about the rating, his mods had too muxh poly count and giants asked him to turn it down ans he refused. Thats it
Guil

Post by Guil »

As always, two sides to every story.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

This is what someone said on the fs uk forum, and fs-uk has very respectable users and modders
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

eric21 wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:49 pm It wansnt about the rating, his mods had too muxh poly count and giants asked him to turn it down ans he refused. Thats it
OP you should look at what eric said. If the poly count is too high, it's too high. That isn't a GIANTS issue, nor is the rating system.
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

I don't know about which case you're talking about. But generally speaking, if we see a mod to use too many resources (texture sizes, poly counts, object counts, etc.) we won't allow it to be released in the "Tested" section of the ModHub. However, it is still eligible to be released in the "Beta" section.
This is simply to give our players a decent user experience. Ideally, a user should be able to download a mod from the "Tested" section with no worries at all. And this also means that the mod will run on any average computer without destroying the user experience completely. And a super high-poly model simply doesn't fulfill this.
Mattharv

Post by Mattharv »

It's not just about the " poly count" it's about testing having different standards for different modders and letting one thing by for one person but not another he didn't have any problems till he started making noise about the stuff rating system then he started getting a hard time his mods will be greatly missed in fs 19 and we r in danger of losing more great modders
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

We have never (and will never I hope) decided on mods besed on the modder. There is no 'we don't like the modder, we are not releasing his mods, that will teach him' thing going on in this company. Quite franky, that would be VERY stupid. We know players love mods, we want players to love our game, so excluding good mods for personal reason would cost us money in the long run, so that would be .. well.. not so great.

I'm happy to check what's going on with his mods if you guys have an example :)
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

The testing has evolved a lot since it came in. Giants are more picky now (in a good way) about what passes and what needs tweaking, and that benefits us all.

Some modders won't like that as it works fine on their PC, but Giants want to ensure that it works for everyone where possible, and that takes a lot more work.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

It's a personal decision by someone who has decided to take things too personally. It's a shame to the community that he couldn't accept some constructive criticism but he has decided that Giants has a vendetta against him. With the new DLC releasing soon and gearing up for FS19, I seriously doubt they are wasting energy on discriminating against a particular modder. CDModelz produced some of the highest quality mods I've ever used, but they didn't make or break the game enough for me to be too upset.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!