Land rover download

Farmercamben3

Land rover download

Post by Farmercamben3 »

Hi,
I would like to ask how can I download a land rover defender, and a quad bike?
Thanks for reading,
Cameron 👍
juf.de

Re: Land rover download

Post by juf.de »

If your are on PC or Mac you just hit the download button,get a zip-file and put that into your mod folder, foundin C:\Users\<your Username>\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2017 (slightly different path under Win 8.1/10)
I you are on xbox1/ps4 you have to check the ingame modhub and if it isn't there, then it's just not available for consolesand you probably can't do nothing about it, besides blaming Mixrosoft/Sony for their strict modding policy.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Farmercamben3

Post by Farmercamben3 »

Gutted, thanks for getting back
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

Its neither Sony nor Microsoft's fault there's no Land Rover in FS on console. All vehicle licenses are down to whether or not Giants have the rights or not. Giants would need to have the license to release it.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

This step is needed, because of the way sony/Microsoft handle mods. Remember, there is no limitation on pc, but taking the current situation as-is, then you are absolutly rigth.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Weefatmonkey

Post by Weefatmonkey »

Mobias wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:14 pm Its neither Sony nor Microsoft's fault there's no Land Rover in FS on console. All vehicle licenses are down to whether or not Giants have the rights or not. Giants would need to have the license to release it.
Hi I understand that Giants dont have the rights for Land Rover, but how is it you can download it in to the game surely that's against copyright laws?
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

This is only a problem for the consoles, as far as i understand it, mods on consoles are handled similar to DLCs and not as usermade content and therefor a license is needed.
Playing on PC
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

Weefatmonkey wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:33 pm
Mobias wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:14 pm Its neither Sony nor Microsoft's fault there's no Land Rover in FS on console. All vehicle licenses are down to whether or not Giants have the rights or not. Giants would need to have the license to release it.
Hi I understand that Giants dont have the rights for Land Rover, but how is it you can download it in to the game surely that's against copyright laws?

You can't download it from Giants own mod hub though I don't think? Technically it is against copyright laws but Land Rover probably think they've got better things to do than try and track down whoever it is was that made that mod and put it out to download. Giants must sit in quite a grey area with regards to what goes up on the official mod hub. Presumably they do have at some level some sort of understanding or license with John Deere since there are JD mods on the mod hub. At the end of the day the PC version is a copyright controlled platform for the game just like the console version is. Its just much less strictly controlled.
Weefatmonkey

Post by Weefatmonkey »

I didn't release that there was different modhub for pc. It's a shame console cant get the same mods has pc but I am grateful for what we get.
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

Weefatmonkey wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:30 pm I didn't release that there was different modhub for pc. It's a shame console cant get the same mods has pc but I am grateful for what we get.
Its the same modhub but its just got a much larger selection of mods and Giants own mod hub is tiny compared to most of the other mod sites out there. Some mod sites have literally hundreds of John Deere mods alone. There's a big scary world of mods out there once you get into the PC version of the game.

The one good thing about Giants own mod hub is that everything is tested and is usually relatively free of bugs. I must have about 20 or so John Deere tractor mods in my mod folder on PC and almost all of them have some issue or other. Its VERY rare you get a mod off a third party mod site that is perfect and free of bugs. There's usually something not working, and it may take a while to discover what it is. Don't underestimate how complicated it is making mods for the game. My hat goes off to anyone who does it.

The other thing is Giants own mod hub is really simple to use. All the other third part sites are a nightmarish world of pop up adverts and links to malware infested sites.