Is there any difference between Steam or Giants DRM?

Nestoche

Is there any difference between Steam or Giants DRM?

Post by Nestoche »

This will be my first time have Farming Sim on Steam. The other times were DRM via Serial verification from Giants. Is there any difference between Steam or Giants DRM? I remember a while ago some on the forms mentioning it was better to get FS through Giants DRM system because the multiplayer was more stable. Does this still really hold true?

By the way, if anyone is interested, Fanatical has the pre-order on sale for $28.00 via Steam Key . That's where I might pre-order from and the reason I am asking about my question. The wait is excruciating! lol two year for a new version of FS seems more like five!..lol My favorite game is almost here!

Edit don_apple: post moved to new topic since it was unrelated to the topic it was originally posted in.
Jade Finch

Re: Is there any difference between Steam or Giants DRM?

Post by Jade Finch »

Steam requires its client to be running. It's not a resource hog but extra stuff running is never ideal, and makes itself quite the inconvenience in some respects. Automatic updates aren't for everyone, and can only fully be prevented via workarounds like scheduling all updates to take place at a time of day when you'll have the PC turned off. While the client can run offline, the implementation is barebones and it nags you every time it starts with a confirmation dialogue about going online or staying offline.
Nestoche

Re: Is there any difference between Steam or Giants DRM?

Post by Nestoche »

Hi Jade,

Thanks for the information. I very much appreciated. I went with the the Steam version(Pre-Ordered form Fanatical) I am going to give this copy to my granddaughter and I'll pickup another copy for myself from Giants DRM since I alway had their DRM version from FS2015 and FS2017.

I am really looking forward to FS2019. The wait and anticipation is killing me! lol That tells you how much I love Giants Farming Sims!

Thanks again!

Jade Finch wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:41 pm Steam requires its client to be running. It's not a resource hog but extra stuff running is never ideal, and makes itself quite the inconvenience in some respects. Automatic updates aren't for everyone, and can only fully be prevented via workarounds like scheduling all updates to take place at a time of day when you'll have the PC turned off. While the client can run offline, the implementation is barebones and it nags you every time it starts with a confirmation dialogue about going online or staying offline.