Game modes and prices thought?

Preble 818

Game modes and prices thought?

Post by Preble 818 »

A huge part of the fun of playing this game for me personally is upgrading to new equipment and for that reason I used to play easy mode. Each map got boring quick and so I've settled in to normal mode. With the new mode types for fs19 and once again finding myself growing to quickly in my savegame it's got me struggling a little over deciding how I want to be playing this game. It's not a huge deal I'm gonna have fun however I'm playing but I'm looking for some discussion from those of you who have maybe tried all three modes to some extent. Im trying hard again for maybe only the second time and I've never given it much chance because to me it's slow going. What do you guys think about each mode and how is that going to influence you at all with the mode changes coming to fs19?
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
Sandhill

Re: Game modes and prices thought?

Post by Sandhill »

I don't think that the New Farmer/Farm Manager/Start Farm from Scratch modes will have much comparison to Easy/Normal/Hard...I think it will be something entirely new that you couldn't have really done even on a PC editing XML files to for example let you start with no money, no fields, and no equipment. The old modes were pretty superficial, and as you mention probably had more to do with the rate of your financial progress than anything else. I see this new system as almost different games depending on the mode you choose.
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

Think you may be right that these modes are separate from the different financial modes that we have now. I'm sort of hoping there are the new modes and then easy normal hard within those modes or something like that so people who would normally play on easy can also start from scratch and those who may play on hard but want a prebuilt farm can also do that as well.
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

I did a 400 hour slog on seasons hard mode without "gaming" the economy. Around 300 hours I could buy basically anything. If it's just no starting money it's going to be alot faster progression. I'm OK with self imposed difficulties but game difficulty being to easy can be a problem. State of Decay 2 is a excellent example of not appreciating difficulty level of previous editions and screwing up its new game.
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

Yea I mean I want to advance but then I get to a point were I dont feel like I have anything to work towards and that happens pretty quick on even normal mode. So being to easy is definitely a problem. I'm gonna try and keep playing on hard to get a feel of what it's like for a while because I really want to play start from scratch mode in 19 and If its tied to hard mode type prices I'd like to get used to that now.
scott63

Post by scott63 »

Preble 818 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:16 am Yea I mean I want to advance but then I get to a point were I dont feel like I have anything to work towards and that happens pretty quick on even normal mode. So being to easy is definitely a problem. I'm gonna try and keep playing on hard to get a feel of what it's like for a while because I really want to play start from scratch mode in 19 and If its tied to hard mode type prices I'd like to get used to that now.
But if it isn't tied to that,...well...figure it out.
No one knows at this time, so "practicing" is useless.

Right now, I play Seasons on hard for about 4-5 years, get bored, and start a new game. Playing your way, assuming #19 is similar, you will do the same.

Really, these types of games are geared towards one of two types:

1. Trophy warriors
2. One game players

Anyone else (such as me) plays once a month for a few hours, and goes on to something else; coming back maybe once a month. Giants (and other developers) doesn't really care about us as we already spent our money. A small amount of people dedicate their time to the game, most of them if they have limited funds for other things (though the latter are often #2above as well).
Last edited by scott63 on Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Well im interested in seeing how much more normal mode will affect my thinking process, building your own farm, buying your own stuff to get your farm going, on fs17, i struggled to figure out if i can afford a field with some money left over, i just want to know how much money we will start off with in start from scratch mode. By the way it looks, everything is expensive, i can't think of starting livestock right off the bat, in fs17 i did a few field missions and got some livestock going, i just don't know, i gotta get a feel of the game before making big decisions, you know? But that's the thing with simulator games, play how you want to, no rushing or anything like that.
Last edited by BigC92 on Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
scott63

Post by scott63 »

BigC92 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:42 am Well im interested in seeing how much more normal mode will affect my thinking process, building your own farm, buying your own stuff to get your farm going, on fs17, i struggled to figure out if i can afford a field with some money left over, i just want to know how much money we will start off with in start from scratch mode. By the way it looks, everything is expensive, i can't think of starting livestock right off the bat, in fs17 i did a few field missions and got some livestock going, i just don't know, i gotta get a feel of the game before making big decisions, you know?
Yeah...but it's still just speculation. No one will know for sure until Nov 20. I pre-ordered the game, against everything I believe in, just to test it out. I cannot emphasize how much I discourage preorders.
PREORDERING GAMES IS EVIL!!! DON'T DO IT!!! YOU ARE ENCOURAGING LAZINESS!!! ;)
Last edited by scott63 on Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

That's what im saying, you have to get the feel of the game before making big decisions.
stevoxsi

Post by stevoxsi »

scott63 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:45 am
Yeah...but it's still just speculation. No one will know for sure until Nov 20. I pre-ordered the game, against everything I believe in, just to test it out. I cannot emphasize how much I discourage preorders.
PREORDERING GAMES IS EVIL!!! DON'T DO IT!!! YOU ARE ENCOURAGING LAZINESS!!! ;)
I'm sure you may have mentioned this before somewhere.
Fs11-15 on pc. Fs17 & 19 on xb1.