FS19 Disappointing

Bruisie150

Re: FS19 Disappointing

Post by Bruisie150 »

livesea72 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:42 pm
cedricthecat wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:17 pm
Bruisie150 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:53 pm Guys I’ve mentioned this before and honestly I don’t mean it in a nasty way but why not just put it down for a month or two if you’re not enjoying it? 17 is still there, go and play that again for a while or something else altogether. I’m just keeping an eye on here looking out for when the tide turns and I’ll install the game I preordered that’s still sat on the table in its wrapping!
Probably a good idea!

My problem is, I don't have FS17! (came directly from 15)

Would I be disappointed if I bought 17 and went with that for a while? Hmmm :hmm:
17 would be a large upgrade from 15 and would be worth getting till 19 is fixed. 300+ mods and like 40 maps should keep you invested awhile.

Definitely, especially if you can get it fairly cheaply. You can see on here how much most people enjoy 17 fully modded. Get a couple of months out of it!
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Niko0522 wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:21 pm This.game.*censored*.
I don't know what happened with giants software but these things like the harvester jamming on fields thanks for the too low harvester deck was never before
Yes, it was actually. We've been having this issue with every FS release for a while now.
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

cedricthecat wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:12 pm
livesea72 wrote: 17 would be a large upgrade from 15 and would be worth getting till 19 is fixed. 300+ mods and like 40 maps should keep you invested awhile.
I'm tempted! (although having just bought 19 and a PS4, I'm thinking it might be hard to justify more expense!)

Mods and maps sound good, although guessing that's not for PS?

TBH though, FS19 is not giving me the issues that some of you seem to be having - although not played many hours on it yet. It's more that the "feel" of it doesn't seem to be as good as I'd hoped for, and the graphics do seem a little "off", as though it's brilliant sunshine whenever it's not dark. Oh, and not being able to fathom the map page, and resetting vehicles!
Yes its for consoles we had alot of modders do incredible work to bring us alot of great mods.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
bigcrazewolf

Post by bigcrazewolf »

I just started playing tonight for about an hour, thanks RDR2. Okay, I absolutely love that game!!

I have noticed the improved graphics, so that's nice. I'm not a big fan of the transparent map as it makes it close to impossible to see the roads. I have watched some of the Youtube reviews and lets plays and it seems that Giants could have done better maybe, but I will with hold any real thoughts until I get at least 50+ hours in. I'm sure the modders will make the game better as they usually do with most games.
Kgbow

Post by Kgbow »

nelsonrm wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:38 pm I have never complained about a Giants game before. This is my second post in this thread and I am here because the game is so wrecked I feel I need to complain again with more stuff. Ravenport is a total disaster and completely unplayable for any length of time. Now I have tried the other map. Felsbrunn is almost OK but garbage compared to maps out of the box in the past. The harvester problem is a nightmare getting hung up in fields. The dog may as well not be there and is nothing compared to the video. After proudly showing the dog riding with his human I would expect a passenger script for it. The placeables and their "terrain fitting" is the biggest joke I have ever seen in a released game. The wildlife? Who cares about a few birds? Disappointing to say the least. The graphics are still second rate to have a new engine. The list never ends and the silence from Giants is deafening.
Agree 100%

Giants? What do you have to say for yourself?
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

fenixguy wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:23 pm
RODHA wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:53 pm Now, I'm totally loving FS19 as a whole and as I keep putting more hours on it, some more tiny little bugs start to appear but none of them are game breaking.
I can't keep myself interested. I think most of my disinterest is due to Ravenport. That is one of the cringiest maps I've ever seen. Goldcrest Valley is a masterpiece in comparison. :lol: This is coming from a guy that's been with the series since FS2011. There are some really nice things but there are, in fact, some game-breaking bugs.

The lowboy has crashed my xbox twice. 75% of the contracts I try to accept disappear. I've not seen a weed yet (yes, they are turned on). How many tiny little bugs are acceptable before a game is considered broken?
Ravenport is really not a good map. But I guarantee you if you put at least 10 hrs on Felsbrunn and take a horse ride through the map, you don't want to leave it. It is really beautiful.

I didn't even think of using the lowboy after I saw your first post on it. But it is not the only one. Placeable system crashed my PS4 Pro more than a dozen times. I mean there are other things that causes crashes and all of them need to be fixed.

But if you consider the fact that those bugs have work arounds at this point, instead of focusing on them, trying to see the good parts really changes your point of view.
PS5 / FS22
hugassi

Post by hugassi »

RODHA wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:53 pm I think we are being extremely unfair here :confusednew:
Including myself in the first place.

So, first of all I would like apologize from Giants for my initial frustration and want to thank them for bringing out a really good game again.

I know this might sound a bit hypocritical to some of you but in all my honesty, I'm trying to be self-critical here.

I'm over 50 hrs atm and my initial thoughts have almost been completely changed. Except that unbearable lighting engine.
I cannot point out specifics on how this happened but I guess it is all down to how much you play.
The longer you play, the more you understand the changes and how some of the bugs might have occured.
And the game as a whole becomes more and more familiar by the hour.

I think my initial frustration was due to playing FS17 over 2500 hrs.
When you do something that long, you get a bit fused together with what you are used to do.

Now, I'm totally loving FS19 as a whole and as I keep putting more hours on it, some more tiny little bugs start to appear but none of them are game breaking. Except that unbearable lighting engine.

I have no doubt that all those bugs will be gone within a couple of months.
And may be some of the horrible design decisions like the tractor icon being on the top left corner of the screen will be changed in time.

So, If you are one of those people who are simply disappointed with what you get, please just keep playing.
In time you will get used to everything that is new and start to realize the really good parts.

But that lighting engine really needs to be tweaked out to be less intense.
Color tone and brightness level changes on 3rd person view are way too extreme.
They really spoil the beauty of the maps and the game.
Like you i have playing FS17 over 2.800 hours and FS17 over 60 hours and i honestly think you are absolutely right in your opinion with pros and cons this will be another game of my life
Please Giants continue doing your job to correct things.
GIANTS Software: Partner Program :hi:
cedricthecat

Post by cedricthecat »

livesea72 wrote: Yes its for consoles we had alot of modders do incredible work to bring us alot of great mods.
Thanks Livesea! You are making a dabble with FS17 seem worth a go :)

Need to find a cheap copy now...
Played FS2013 and FS15 on PS3
Playing FS17, FS19 and now FS22 on PS4
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
tecto

Post by tecto »

I haven't read other posts in this topic by my opinion is that:
jumping from FS15 to FS17 had a big WOW. There were a lot of new things and new approach to almost everything.

But there is no WOW with jumping now from FS17 to FS19.
I don't see much differences between these two versions.

It might be a WOW to someone who didn't play other versions of this game but not the old FS farmers...
I'm really dissapointed too... Two years it's a really long time and I don't see the effort included.
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

tecto wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:55 am

But there is no WOW with jumping now from FS17 to FS19.
I don't see much differences between these two versions.

I'm not sure we're playing the same game. The differences between FS-17 and FS-19 are like night and day. The lighting engine is far, far superior. It looks like a totally different game.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Mobias wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:10 amThe lighting engine is far, far superior.
Do you really like it? :confusednew:
I'm confused because what I get is a huge jump between brightness and contrast levels depending on your camera angle in 3rd person view.
Besides, all the colors also change noticably depending on the color of the object that is in the center of the screen.
The lighting engine is way too intrusive as far as my experience goes.
However, I play on a 24" 1080P monitor at close distance.
I'm not sure if playing on a TV screen that is a couple of meters away changes anything.
PS5 / FS22
bigcrazewolf

Post by bigcrazewolf »

cedricthecat wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:48 am
livesea72 wrote: Yes its for consoles we had alot of modders do incredible work to bring us alot of great mods.

FS17 was my first farming sim game period. I love it and would recommend it to anyone, and if you're on PC Steam has sales all the time.
ranger01

Post by ranger01 »

A waste of money! Graphics look good, but other than that. Hopefully some mods for xbox will help!
Lord_Beelzebub

Post by Lord_Beelzebub »

RODHA wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:53 pm I think we are being extremely unfair here :confusednew:
Including myself in the first place.

So, first of all I would like apologize from Giants for my initial frustration and want to thank them for bringing out a really good game again.

I know this might sound a bit hypocritical to some of you but in all my honesty, I'm trying to be self-critical here.

I'm over 50 hrs atm and my initial thoughts have almost been completely changed. Except that unbearable lighting engine.
I cannot point out specifics on how this happened but I guess it is all down to how much you play.
The longer you play, the more you understand the changes and how some of the bugs might have occured.
And the game as a whole becomes more and more familiar by the hour.

I think my initial frustration was due to playing FS17 over 2500 hrs.
When you do something that long, you get a bit fused together with what you are used to do.

Now, I'm totally loving FS19 as a whole and as I keep putting more hours on it, some more tiny little bugs start to appear but none of them are game breaking. Except that unbearable lighting engine.

I have no doubt that all those bugs will be gone within a couple of months.
And may be some of the horrible design decisions like the tractor icon being on the top left corner of the screen will be changed in time.

So, If you are one of those people who are simply disappointed with what you get, please just keep playing.
In time you will get used to everything that is new and start to realize the really good parts.

But that lighting engine really needs to be tweaked out to be less intense.
Color tone and brightness level changes on 3rd person view are way too extreme.
They really spoil the beauty of the maps and the game.
I think the longer you play the more you get used to how things are. It’s not that the game is getting any better it’s you’re just willing to accept its faults. Some are acceptable, some shouldn’t be. For you it’s the game lighting, for others, it’s other things.

Regardless, games don’t get fixed and nothing stops future games from having the same problems when people cave and start to say “oh well, I guess I’ll just accept it”. If that’s the case, then get used to that lighting, it’s good enough.
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

cedricthecat wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:48 am

your welcome, I've seen premium edition as cheap as $18.00 USD on PlayStation store.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC