What on earths happened to the Round bail loader?

Cowboy10uk

What on earths happened to the Round bail loader?

Post by Cowboy10uk »

So in all previous Farmign Simulator games, there has been an option to purchase a round bail stacker trailer.

However the only bail stackers here are for square bails, leaving you with no alternative but to use the bail spike and bail trailer. Which is a lesson in frustration to say the least. Certainly with the PS4 controls.

Why the hell did Giants remove the auto stacker. Sure it only carried 10 at a time, but it’s a hell of a lot quicker than the damn spike. Keep getting 3/4 loaded, and then half of the darn bails fall off for no reason and you have to start again.

Been doing this rubbish since 2pm and I’ve yet to get a full trailer away. To say I’m bloody frustrated isn’t the half of it.
Ritchie

Re: What on earths happened to the Round bail loader?

Post by Ritchie »

It's due to land on the modhub tomorrow, there's a thread about new mods coming on the news section.
DoranS

Post by DoranS »

I haven't had a chance to play, but I believe it was dropped from the base game. Although the model that was in the base FS17 game is scheduled to be in the FS19 ModHub tomorrow as per the Mod thread:
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

As I understand it, there is a finite amount of space on the game disc therefore not everything will fit especially with new brands etc to add this time round (having different disc and download versions of the game wouldn't fly I guess). Lots of the things that aren't in the base game are coming as mods, which can only be a good thing in my opinion
trogladitez

Post by trogladitez »

Ritchie wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:10 pm As I understand it, there is a finite amount of space on the game disc therefore not everything will fit especially with new brands etc to add this time round (having different disc and download versions of the game wouldn't fly I guess). Lots of the things that aren't in the base game are coming as mods, which can only be a good thing in my opinion
A disc holds about 50gb. This doesn't come anywhere near that.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

That's what was mentioned on one of the streams last week, just stating what I heard. Regardless of the reason, the bale trailer is coming as a mod.
MrDaisyBates

Post by MrDaisyBates »

Yeah. The console download was a little over 10gb on Xbox One X.

Making all of these things mods and not updates really eats into our mod count on console--we're limited memory wise for how many mods we can have.

For example, with the preorder mods, the new map, and this case harvester, I'm around 20% of my availability for mod downloads--its day one!
Cowboy10uk

Post by Cowboy10uk »

Ritchie wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:02 pm It's due to land on the modhub tomorrow, there's a thread about new mods coming on the news section.
Really, oh thank god for that. If I have to try and load another bale with this darn spike I think the controller will end up through the TV. :hmm: :hmm:

Sorry don’t mean to moan, just a very very frustrating few hours.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

It's one of the bits of kit I was glad to see coming as a mod too as it's relatively cheap and makes loading, transporting and storing bales so much easier.
I quite enjoy stacking bales with a front loader but only in small doses :lol:
crash

Post by crash »

You don't need to download every single mod on the modhub, and maps can be deleted, and the game save still exist on the console. I had noe issued having the mods and maps I wanted on my ps4 fs17
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway