Not enough slots on console

Vinolik123

Re: Not enough slots on console

Post by Vinolik123 »

Magnarex wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:52 pm The simple answer to this never ending debate is Giants has shoe-horned an antiquated, poor-scaling PC engine onto consoles. There's nothing wrong with console hardware and there is an abundance of frighteningly large, open world games to make comparisons with. Someone earlier mentioned GTA 5...well GTA 5 is available for even the Xbox 360. That's what having an highly optimized, well-scaling, modern gaming engine does for you.
Lets not bring up GTA V here. That game alone had the biggest budget ever for an entertainment product, it was more expensive than any Hobbit, Avatar or Star Wars movie. Farming Simulator cannot be compared to that
Last edited by Vinolik123 on Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

The FS17 forum has a 20 page topic on the slots for consoles. With that in mind, I thought this topic would of been bagged and tagged.

If you don’t like the slots, get hold of MS or Sony. If that don’t help, play on a platform that doesn’t hold you back.

And before i get the PC blah blah, just to inform you that i do also play games on a PS4... :this:

There is nothing GIANTS can do about it....
the big print giveth the small print taketh
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

BreadedVirus wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:03 pm And before i get the PC blah blah, just to inform you that i do also play games on a PS4... :this:

There is nothing GIANTS can do about it....
Good luck convincing people of that. I also play cross platform and any time I make the same suggestion people go off on me with the whole "PC Master Race" stupidity. Anyone who believes you can't play on more than one platform is an utter moron and needs to just cease to exist already ...

Edit by Guil. Opinions are fine but you can't be so insulting when you post on the forum. Please don't do it again.
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
RogsR35UK

Post by RogsR35UK »

I did confirm that the Valtra Gold on Xbox only uses one slot (not sure how the game manages to allow this). I presume the T6 on PS4 does the same (it says 1 slot). If the tractor can be added only using one slot why are we seeing fairly low level tractors using in excess of 40 slots?
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

RogsR35UK wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:38 am I did confirm that the Valtra Gold on Xbox only uses one slot (not sure how the game manages to allow this). I presume the T6 on PS4 does the same (it says 1 slot). If the tractor can be added only using one slot why are we seeing fairly low level tractors using in excess of 40 slots?
Because this Valtra use all parts of the ingame Valtra and only the colour Gold needs one additional Slot (or 100 kB).

viewtopic.php?f=963&t=129459#p1024247
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
Ocp

Post by Ocp »

In FS15 the slots were a problem, in FS17 and 19 not so much
fmedges

Post by fmedges »

theSeb wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:41 pm
Magnarex wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:52 pm The simple answer to this never ending debate is Giants has shoe-horned an antiquated, poor-scaling PC engine onto consoles. There's nothing wrong with console hardware and there is an abundance of frighteningly large, open world games to make comparisons with. Someone earlier mentioned GTA 5...well GTA 5 is available for even the Xbox 360. That's what having an highly optimized, well-scaling, modern gaming engine does for you.
Right. GTA V had a production budget of 225 million USD. These comparisons are silly.
And yet the end product costs the same to the consumer...
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

fmedges wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:46 pm
Right. GTA V had a production budget of 225 million USD. These comparisons are silly.
No, it didn't on the PC. I don't know about console prices
fmedges

Post by fmedges »

theSeb wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:47 pm
fmedges wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:46 pm

No, it didn't on the PC. I don't know about console prices
Oh well on the console they are the same.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

that's because MS/Sony gotta get their cut.. its not any fault of giants at all
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
fmedges

Post by fmedges »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:56 pm that's because MS/Sony gotta get their cut.. its not any fault of giants at all
Then why aren't all of the games the same price then?
PrincessJessi84

because not all games start off the same price.. that part seems rather obvious.. its based on a % of the sale price.. not a fixed rate
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Magnarex

Post by Magnarex »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:38 pm ok ok.. im so tired of people spouting off about GTA5 in comparison to Farming Simulator..
You brought up GTA 5 on page 1 which is why I mentioned it.

I'm not saying the Giants production values should be the same as Rockstar's but my point stands. Rockstar's engine scales over an enormous range of hardware. Giants engine doesn't.

Giants needs a new engine and a blind man can see it.
“I'm not going out of my way looking for devils; but I wouldn't step out of my path to let one go by.”
PrincessJessi84

maybe.. maybe they might even agree.. who knows.. but it boils down to resources.. it would take their entire team of devs working at a heavy pace utilizing every single bit of what they know about coding to build said engine.. and even then it would likely be a 5-10 year project.. and that doesn't include the actual development of any games to utilize this new engine.. not to mention financial resources needed.. the engine is the hard part.. while each game release has included a few pretty basic features most of the focus has clearly been updates and improvements to the game engine.. and their business model has been to introduce new games with new features every other year while at the same time improving the engine with each release.. this has kept us entertained while they have taken the last decade to build their engine up to what it is now.. so they should stop making games and devote this amount of time to building said engine? with a team as small as theirs this decision could lead to disaster for them as a company.. unlike a company like R* they don't have the resources to devote a huge team to the development of a game engine.. it would be a shared responsibility with those who already have a full work load.. so likely during this time their income would come to a grinding halt.. its entirely possible that if the decision to build a new engine came at the wrong time it could spell the end of giants and by extension the fs series.. meaning the best a console player would have is stuff like pure farming and lets be honest.. pure farming falls a bit short here.. on pc we would have to keep our fingers crossed that the very few farming games that actually show any real promise manage to get it together and put out something that's playable and polished.. its a huge gamble
PC
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Ragman

Post by Ragman »

Have you read when the devs gave the answers for differences at the game engines. For example gta shows (loads) only nearby objects, fs engine loads and calculate whole map objects all the time. Big difference and thats why you cant compare them.