Seasons leak

Miketeg

Re: Seasons leak

Post by Miketeg »

Woohoo ! Happy to see these screenshot.

As I said on your FB page, hope you'll be able to bring some "snow removal mission" in order to help to pass the time during the winter !

Thanks for all your work, can't wait.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

wait theSeb… u mean weeds ARENT supposed to take over a field like a medieval plague!? :lol: i cant wait to see how u guys implement it and the other new features of fs19.. exciting times indeed
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Wiblis

Post by Wiblis »

Never be a big fan of day/night cycle, always wanted seasons, snow plow equipment for missions or fire wood delivery would be great. Could also have a hibernate function in the house for those who want to skip winter.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Maybe they'll give us a hoe and we can go weed the fields by hand. :lol:

Seriously though, I'm really looking forward to seeing the progress and new features.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
BARNYwithaGUN

Post by BARNYwithaGUN »

Wonder if spot spraying will be a thing.
Or the longer you let them go the more field they take over.
On a sidenote ive had fields completely taken over by weeds before it's depressing lol
Last edited by BARNYwithaGUN on Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

I think it’s a great game, yes there are a few bugs but thanx to people on here you can avoid and work around them and it WILL get fixed. Plus all the free mods keep it fresh. I still have FS17 but haven’t played it since this release
Heyward83

Post by Heyward83 »

Can someone explain what seasons actually is and how it all works I never bothered on 17 so not sure what it’s all about but I do want to with 19.
BARNYwithaGUN

Post by BARNYwithaGUN »

It makes the game a lot more realistic they have a manual on realms website that explains it very well
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Exactly what it says on the tin! Spring time cultivate and plant crops,summer make hay while the sun shines,autumn harvest and cultivate and winter hope for snow😁 you can only do things according to the season. For example if it’s too cold the ground is frozen and you can’t plant or cultivate and you can only harvest late summer and autumn. On the lowest setting 1 season equals 3 days
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

Heyward83 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:56 pm Can someone explain what seasons actually is and how it all works I never bothered on 17 so not sure what it’s all about but I do want to with 19.
It’s a major overhaul to the game mechanics. There are actual seasons, which effect everything, and force you to adopt farming strategies and planning that is more true to life. (Plus, the snow is awesome.) As already suggested, it’s definitely worth checking out their website for an introduction.

I’m personally really excited to see what they can do with ‘19 when it gets here. (The weed thing is already a cool idea.) I’m hoping they can leverage a lot of the work from ‘17, but I figure it will still take some time.
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

Would like to see the snow on the ground behave differently than white silage atleast on consoles. Would like to see it dissolve as you drive over it or even collect on vehicles that are left out or working extended periods of time outside. Just not sure what can be done on consoles and im thankful for getting seasons on consoles. They were suggestions and not criticisms.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Heyward83 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:56 pm Can someone explain what seasons actually is and how it all works I never bothered on 17 so not sure what it’s all about but I do want to with 19.
The Seasons mod changes the fundamental way to play Farming Simulator by introducing seasons and changing all aspects of the gameplay, such as weather, growth, economy, vehicle maintenance and husbandry to suit.

Experience the trials and tribulations of a real life farmer worrying if you will get all your crops planted on time before it gets too cold, or too dry, for them to germinate and whether you will complete the harvest before the rainy days of autumn when crops will be wet.

Beautiful visuals to suit the seasons, such as the birth of life in spring, the richness of colour of autumn and bare trees on a bleak winter's day when you are clearing the snow, or doing forestry, will help to fully immerse you in this new environment.

Here are some very old promotional videos. They don't include all of the features the mod ended up with in its final state since they were made around the time we entered Seasons into the 2017 mod contest.

These are pretty short

Main features
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4u6Vz1aAvA

One year time lapse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y1ALHmKbsk
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

Hey Seb, thanks for starting work so early on FS19.
This is great news. Please do keep us posted.
Wiblis

Post by Wiblis »

Later they can add weather catastrophe like flood, drought, forest fire or grasshopper invasion. That would be as real as it can get.
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

I hope they add some options to turn off some features. Last time i played seasons, most of the time i waited, repaired my 150 pices of different equipment and feed the animals.
Finally only way to play it i found is to add 12000x time run mod, use very little pieces of equipment and pass the animal growing.