Steering sensitivity

Sixx

Steering sensitivity

Post by Sixx »

On PS4 It seems to me the steering is way to sensitive I'm all over the road, and I wasn't on 17. I've tried settings but nothing seems to help. Am I missing something? Got too used to Red Dead waiting on FS19? Maybe controller is glitching? Any help would be great.
CattleMan

Re: Steering sensitivity

Post by CattleMan »

I also noticed that the steering seems slightly more sensative in 19 than it was in 17... I play on Xbox... Might be tied to the all or nothing throttle issue too???
Ride the wind and shoot the stars. Why chase your dreams when you can live them?
Doc Savage NDMF

Post by Doc Savage NDMF »

I use an XB360 controller on Windoze and the steering is hyper sensitive for me as well. Be nice if they had a slider to slow the actual turning speed of the wheels in the game. Wheels can do this by setting higher degrees of rotation to slow it down, but controllers seem stuck with the keyboard on off speeds. I can't set the axis settings below 100% (which would help if you could) and dead zone just makes the start steering more abrupt. I've gone to adding a garden hose washer around the stick to limit travel though I can still wildly careen off road anywhere I like...

Cheers..!
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

i Find the steering more realistic. On fs17 you had to push the stick all the way right to turn. If I turned the steering wheel in my car like that, it wouldn’t go well.

Once you get used to it it’s pretty nice.

Also have no issue with the throttle? Keeping at 6-7mph to follow a harvester is easier.

Playing on Xbox too.
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

Sixx wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:27 pm On PS4 It seems to me the steering is way to sensitive I'm all over the road, and I wasn't on 17. I've tried settings but nothing seems to help. Am I missing something? Got too used to Red Dead waiting on FS19? Maybe controller is glitching? Any help would be great.
go to general settings and change the (Steering back speed) to 100% and see if that makes a difference. I have mine set to 90%...
Bobcatmike

Post by Bobcatmike »

I find the steering less responsive and slower than in 17
Fergieman20

Post by Fergieman20 »

I find the sensitivity ok but does anyone know is there a way that the steering will stay in the position you leave it in and not always reset as soon as you take your thumb off the joystick on the ps4
Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

Great point. Xbox as well. Seems they made it more sensitive than 17. I have it at the lowest (50%) with a controller, and still too much. Maybe having a 0%, a step lower would help me. I'm using a controller and jacknifing all over.
Rickenbacker

Post by Rickenbacker »

Bobcatmike wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:56 pm I find the steering less responsive and slower than in 17
It definitely is on PC. But that's because we can set how fast it returns to center now. Set it to 100% to make it feel like 17 again.
Fergieman20

Post by Fergieman20 »

It's annoying how if you leave the steering wheel turned and get out of the tractor, as soon as you get back in it resets to the centre itself. Does anyone now how to stop it?