Palletising Eggs

Krahazik

Palletising Eggs

Post by Krahazik »

I have tried doingchickens and eggs thing a couple of times. One the one hand I like that there is an option to pickup the egg boxes which can be usefull when using the pickup on a small farm. But when you get to the point of doing large quantity of eggs. Loading and unloading them 1 box at a time gets a bit time consuming.

Would be nice if we could palletise the boxes for selling eggs in bulk. Either as an option in the chicken coop to generate pallets instea dof individual boxes or as a machine we can buy the takes x amount of boxes and generates a pallet of said boxes.
Electsilver8

Re: Palletising Eggs

Post by Electsilver8 »

Yeah that's the main reason why I haven't done chickens yet. Maybe in a future update they might do that.
PoggleBox

Post by PoggleBox »

It would also be useful to know how many eggs are in each box ....
Platform : PC
i7 7700k@5.0 GTX1070Ti 32Gb DDR4, 500Gb M.2, 4TB across multiple SSD's, Windows 10
snyperal

Post by snyperal »

Sounds excellent to me!
Guil

Post by Guil »

Full box is eggs is 150.
vertstartail79

Post by vertstartail79 »

Guil wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:22 pm Full box is eggs is 150.
yes but how do you know that when its sitting on the ground?
Guil

Post by Guil »

I have no clue, wait till there is more?
snyperal

Post by snyperal »

Then which one is the full one?
Sid1701d

Post by Sid1701d »

I think the egg boxes are pallets though you can pick up with your hands and should stack on pallet slots on flatbed trailers like any other pallet sized objects.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

The chickens need to re-jigged to make it so they are more like the Sheep, whereby they spawn an actual pallet or cage in their loading area and into that they spawn and place the little cardboard boxes containing the eggs as they are produced. Once a Pallet/Cage is full of boxes the game should spawn and start loading a new Pallet/Cage up to the maximum of I'd say 4 given the size of the little box area. Those four pallets/cages should easily containing several thousand eggs each which would be easier to pick up with a frontloader and place on trailer to take to sell. Providing of course we can also get a change to the game so we can manually force tip trailers at sell points.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Redd

Post by Redd »

In my eyes the chickens need some rework or the description in the help menu need to be change to not say "Pallet" but insteed says boxes. As it is right now it is confusing. I was hoping that the update of 1.2.0.1 where there have writes "[Fixed] Egg pallets don’t appear correctly (1.2)" Of what i can see. There still are just box's. Even the price is set to around 3k and when you are trowing box's at the sell point you just get around 449 ,- for an box.

There is something a miss. If we shroud get that amount it needs to be an Pallet there is being delivered to the sell-point.
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

All the sell prices are for 1k of what ever your selling. if the box of eggs only contain 150 eggs you would need 6.6 boxes to get 1000 eggs.

It's really not that confusing...

And this is a MUCH better method that in previous titles where you had to run around the entire coop every day...
PC gamer.
Decker_MMIV

Post by Decker_MMIV »

Reading this:
Beastbubba wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:36 pm [..] And this is a MUCH better method that in previous titles where you had to run around the entire coop every day...
And then comparing it to this, from the first post:
Krahazik wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:03 pm [..] But when you get to the point of doing large quantity of eggs. Loading and unloading them 1 box at a time gets a bit time consuming.
:hmm:

... I've not reached the "doing large quantities of eggs" yet. - But when I do, I will be looking forward for either a 'pallet of egg boxes'-mod' or some 'autoloading of egg boxes'-mod. :hi:
snyperal

Post by snyperal »

Can a conveyor belt load then up? Or is an autoloader our egg saviour?
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

We need a egg packing placeable that takes the boxes and produces a palleted version.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?