FS19 Mod Search/Request!

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
j_maybury

Re: FS19 Mod Search/Request!

Post by j_maybury »

Bryan83 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:48 am
So just out of curiosity because I want to understand better, how can you have an auto loading bale trailer, but not a log loader?
Is the auto-loading bale trailer an in-game vehicle by any chance or is it a mod? the best way to tell is, if the buying picture has the letters MOD or not in red under the description when you come to buy it. those that are not mods have been scripted by Giants and therefore legal and above board.
Klix

Post by Klix »

was wondering that also as i use a flatbed auto bale loader mod on console, strange that must have to use some in game mechanic then I suppose?. Oh well thanks for the help & feedback looks like I'll have to just practice some more then.
Rylan54663!!$

Post by Rylan54663!!$ »

I think any JD 4400 series would be amazing it is my favourite tractor and I would love to see it on consoles especially PS4 in FS19
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Drmattymd wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:07 am Because the autoload bale trailers use the same script as the stack wagons in the base game
This actually makes sense to me, thanks for explaining it that way.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

j_maybury wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:16 am
Bryan83 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:48 am
So just out of curiosity because I want to understand better, how can you have an auto loading bale trailer, but not a log loader?
Is the auto-loading bale trailer an in-game vehicle by any chance or is it a mod? the best way to tell is, if the buying picture has the letters MOD or not in red under the description when you come to buy it. those that are not mods have been scripted by Giants and therefore legal and above board.
It's a mod. Got it from modhub.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

Bryan83 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:04 am
It's a mod. Got it from modhub.
I am surprised that Giants would let that pass through checking, without clearing it with Playstation and Microsoft, I thought that was the ruling on all scripted mods? Unless they have checked with them and it passed.
But I was under the apprehension that it had to be something big like seasons to even get a hearing with Playstation and Microsoft!
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Well they have a bale trailer, so I don't think it required an extra script.

Rylan54663!!$

Post by Rylan54663!!$ »

Fs19 needs a John Deere 4440 or a 4450 please make this on PS4 and consoles I would love to see them and use these medium tractors from John Deere.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Remember that GIANTS themselves released two auto-loading trailers as mods (before the Anderson DLC). The scripts for those mods are already in the game (carried over from FS17 and presumably the same as those used on the Anderson ones). The mods where the bales just magically jump onto the trailer uses the same script as GIANTS' auto-loading trailers.

Logs can't be auto-loaded in such a way as every single bit could be a different length and shape, whereas bales are set sizes. It would need a new script and one which I'd hazard a guess isn't realistically possible (and certainly not on consoles).
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

In the description is an auto loading log trailer. Not for console though
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Dairydeere wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:56 pm In the description is an auto loading log trailer. Not for console though
I wasn't aware of that. No idea about the quality of the script, but that's quite impressive. I thought that would have been beyond the bounds of what you can do in FS... but then the only real limit is what modders want to do.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

I was surprised as well. Gives field farmers a reason to give forestry a shot
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Rylan54663!!$

Post by Rylan54663!!$ »

I think a John Deere 4400 series would look really nice and be really fun to use. Plus some new trucks.
Hoff15

Post by Hoff15 »

Would like to see case ih 9380 on tracks and customisable wheels and case ih 2388 header and also ford farm trucks and dodge farm trucks and put on Xbox one please
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Hoff15 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:17 am Would like to see case ih 9380 on tracks and customisable wheels and case ih 2388 header and also ford farm trucks and dodge farm trucks and put on Xbox one please
Hoff, just to let you know, the Ford and Dodge stuff cannot be released on console due to licensing issues. In order for the brand name stuff to be uploaded, the modder would have to seek permission from the respective owners to do so.