Repair/workshop

EJgaming

Repair/workshop

Post by EJgaming »

I wonder a bit why we need to buy our own workshop, when you can just repair the tool/vehicle from the garage menu. Doesn't seem to be much difference in cost either, if any. And it all happends in a click, even while using the tool/vehicle. At the moment I feel my workshop only takes space/sqm at my farm without any benefit at all, and a little unrealistic.

I think a better and more realistic way of doing this, is that you would have to drive to repair your equipment. At the moment this is at the shop, which are ok. Then equipment/vehicle is kept at the workshop for some hours, depending on condition and type of equipment, and shop should only accept during daytime. When it's finished it appear outside the workshop. Then we would need to plan a little, it would be more realistic, and the benefit of owning our own workshop is present again, because that workshop can be used at any time, and is cheaper to use, and equipment is repaired faster, and appear outside our own workshop instead of outside the shop.
If you are able to repair through garage-menu, vehicle/tool will be sent away to official workshop or your own for some hours or so during opening hours and return at the shop or your own workshop.
Alternative to opening hours, is difference in price, it would be more expensive to repair at night-time.

Maybe it complicates things alittle, but I think this would be a better detail to the game, more realistic, more fun and give better benefit of owning our own workshop.
And in settings we could choose how quickly the equipment needs repairs, without removing dirt.

Any thoughts about this?
PC
Norway
Coltar452017

Re: Repair/workshop

Post by Coltar452017 »

That' might work someone make a workshop that you can work on machines
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

The workshop is probably mostly intended for the same thing it was in FS17, mainly customizing your vehicles and equipment. Since the shop will always ask you to pay a fee to customize your stuff.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

There should be a mobile repair crew. In my area I have seen people in the fields working on equipment. I've seen a tractor hauled out on flatbed and assumed it needed more intense repairs.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
Rickenbacker

Post by Rickenbacker »

The main reason I bought my own workshop was free tire changes!
LS09God

Post by LS09God »

thumbwiz wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:42 pm There should be a mobile repair crew. In my area I have seen people in the fields working on equipment. I've seen a tractor hauled out on flatbed and assumed it needed more intense repairs.
Buy the Pickup truck and download this toolbox mod. Put the toolbox in the back of the truck. Strap it down and you're golden.... :chinese:
Specs:
ASUS ROG Strix X570-E mobo.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 processor.
Corsair 32Gb DDR4 internal mem.
Sandisk 1Tb SSD as boot and game drive.
Samsung 1Tb hdd for general storage.
Gigabyte RTX2070 super graphics card.
Razer Naga Chroma mouse.
Logitech G27, G13. Saiteck HOTAS pro.
Razer BlackWidow Keyboard.
Fiber connection.
Mysticalmaid

Post by Mysticalmaid »

Some farmers do a lot of their own repairs, it's getting harder to do so these days but they do have to do maintenance to some degree, I've seen videos on you tube of some doing it.
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

No - there is no difference between shop and Workshop except distance to your farm. If you had Standard tires and Change them you have to pay. If you Change to something which you had before (on that vehicle) it's free. No matter if it's in the Workshop or the shop.
Same goes for every Change to a vehicle. You always have to pay once.

The maintenance is much cheaper at the Workshop or the shop. You pay 30 % more if you repair from the Garage (the Shop-menu). I had a medium Tractor (Case .. something) which was totaly worn down and in the Garage it was 1800 and at my Workshop it was "only" 1200. so yes. Not that much of a diference but while I'm on that map for a good couple of in-game-days I Thing I got the 20k. I drive by the Workshop after every work that vehicle does and repair my machines. That's not that much of work and saves a lot of cash.
PS4 und PC
W1der

Post by W1der »

You do not need to buy it ... it´s highly optional.

It saves a lot of time to be able to have a workshop at your farm instead of having to drive to the one at the shop.

In FS19 you constantly need to service your vehicles/tools to keep them in shape.
It would be a pain to have to drive all the way to she workshop by the store to do this (my farm is located a long way from it).

As the costs for maintenance is rather low (compared to how much money you can make in the game) I see the stops I need to do at the workshop as oil changes and stuff like that.
Also being able to change tires at your own farm is nice, especially if you have crop destruction turned on!
I have also placed a power washer right next to it to be able to clean my gear up after use.

Not sure why this useful object is questioned though ... there are others (like the sand castle) that raises some concern about what priorities GIANTS made when developing this game ... :lol:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

In 17 you were charged a £1000 fee in the shop to change things like wheels or paint even if you had changed them before, this was done for no fee at the workshop. I assumed the same applies for 19?
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

I set up my workshop area like this and I really like it. I call it Wally's service station. ( You probably have to be old and from North Carolina to get the joke lol)

Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

Addictedtofs wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:59 am I set up my workshop area like this and I really like it. I call it Wally's service station. ( You probably have to be old and from North Carolina to get the joke lol)

Hey what you do at my farm? Get outta there :lol:

I got the exact same setup :coolnew:
PS4 und PC
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

And here I thought I was being creative :lol:

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

Nearly perfect. Turn the tank fittings to the street and put the Kärcher between the Workstation Icon and the tank.
So, next time when you drive there, you can 1. take fuel (first), 2. wash all the equipment and 3. repair one item in the mark without driving for each step. :hi:

That's how I have put them together.
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

I wash first, then repair and fuel up. 😊