Tree Planting

pingu

Re: Tree Planting

Post by pingu »

reallogger wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:31 pm
george.earlslight wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:43 am Could there be a possibility of a wild tree growth script?
I made such a mod for FS17 actually. :biggrin2:

Will see if it can be ported at some point.
What?!? :shock: Is freely available? I'm playing FS17. :smileynew:
<-- FS17 on an iMac 27" playing Lone Oak Farm and The Western Shore -->
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

reallogger wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:31 pm I made such a mod for FS17 actually. :biggrin2:
That's great!
Seedy wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:09 pm How do you know there isn't wild tree growth in the base game? Since most trees typically take 40+ years to grow. :)
I got confused with those Monsanto superpowered tree saplings we got in FS17-19, which grow in a few days :P
empato

Post by empato »

pingu wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:08 pm
reallogger wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:31 pm
george.earlslight wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:43 am Could there be a possibility of a wild tree growth script?
I made such a mod for FS17 actually. :biggrin2:

What?!? :shock: Is freely available? I'm playing FS17. :smileynew:
See here...

https://github.com/RealismusModding/FS17_RM_birchGrowth
pingu

Post by pingu »

empato wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:26 am
Thanks! Unfortunately, my FS17 won't load the mod...
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

pingu wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:01 am Thanks! Unfortunately, my FS17 won't load the mod...
What is the error in the log?
empato

Post by empato »

pingu wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:01 am
empato wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:26 am
Thanks! Unfortunately, my FS17 won't load the mod...
Did you unzip the downloaded file and zip the content in a new file? Same way as you do it for Courseplay for example. I used this mod since long time, and never had any issue with it.
pingu

Post by pingu »

I downloaded the zip-file, and put that in the mod folder as with alla other mods I download outside modhub and that has always worked. Why should I unzip a mod just to zip it again? :confusednew: :smileynew:

That said, the first error was "Invalid mod name", because the name of the downloaded zip-file had a - character in its name. I changed that, but then I get:
Error: Failed to open 'Users/ ... yada yada yada... /modDesc.xml'.
Load mod: FS17_RM_birchGrowth_master
Error: Missing descVersion attribute in mod FS17_RM_birchGrowth_master

Not sure why since I don't mod. The xml-syntax seems OK. The file is the same as seen on GitHub.

To add:
I have programmed Mac since the 80s and worked with advanced technical support for many years, so I have no issues with poking around with low level stuff. But I have never created mods and is not fluent in the structre or modding of games today, so have oversight with me if I use problem solving techniques that are way out of line for this particulare narrow field of problems. Thirty years experinece give you some feel for what you can try without wrecking havoc. :biggrin2:
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

@pingu: If you open the zip file you will see another folder named FS17_RM_birchGrowth-master, not the modDesc.xml and the other files FS needs to load the mod. This is just what happens when you download from Github. Just unzip the file and zip the content of the FS17_RM_birchGrowth-master folder such that the modDesc.xml is on the first level inside the zipfile. Lousy explanation, but hope you will manage. :)
pingu

Post by pingu »

reallogger wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:03 pm
Ahh.. Finally I understood what you meant! :coolnew: Select those individual files/folders, create a new zip-file from those, name it something (I choose the original name), and put in mods/. Everything OK! It loads, and I have started Lone Oak Farm with the mod selected. Now, I just have to wait and see... :smileynew:

Big thanks for your help! :hi:
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

Recycling an old thread. I cannot figure out how to change the planting distance for trees. i want to make a privacy hedge with Cyprus and 10m just doesnt cut it. Have tried starting the planter at different places but it is too inconsistent and looks poor.

Can it be done in FS22?
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.
Started playing for the education about farming.

Amateur (noob) Farmer 5 mostly forested acres
Tractor: Kubota M4900 (54HP), w/ Loader bucket and forks
Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
humbe

Post by humbe »

Maybe you can use hand plant mod to plant anywhere you want?
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

I got it to work but I dont like how I did it. I downloaded a mod planter and found a variable in the XML called mindistance which was set to 10. I edited it to 2 and that worked.
I don't like editing xml files. It just feels wrong.

Really looks nice with everything perfectly spaced. Cant wait to see them grow up.
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.
Started playing for the education about farming.

Amateur (noob) Farmer 5 mostly forested acres
Tractor: Kubota M4900 (54HP), w/ Loader bucket and forks
Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder