Reserved space for console

Deadeye

Re: Reserved space for console

Post by Deadeye »

Sir_Kutz wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:38 am
MarleyQc wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:38 am You are playing on console, a piece of equipment worth less than 200-300$ and the limitations that comes with it. Its great for couch gaming but if you wanted a better experience, buy a PC.

The problem here isn’t Giants fault, its Sony or Microsoft restricting people. So please, do yourself a favor and enjoy what you have around or buy a PC, its really not THAT expensive and you can get yourself a controller.
You should buy the OP a PC as a gateway into this mystical world of PC gaming!

I spose I don't really understand how it's his responsibility to buy anyone a PC.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

BearClaw wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:42 am Just play a little realistic, you dont need all mods installed, abd what comes to slots, you dont need to buy all the equipment to have fun on the farm, especially if you play alone
buy what you use most, lease the rest. but do remember, even if you lease something you are now responsible for all maintenance. don't ask me why that is changed, ask giants.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I install all new mods I'm interested in, then start deleting after having something for a month and know I will never use it. The cow edition Valtras were deleted a while ago, lol.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I have a 2TB Drive in my PS4, Farming Simulator 19 is the only game I have installed on it, all other games are on an external. I have all the currently available DLC and Pre-Order Bonuses Installed, I have the majority of ModHub Mods downloaded and installed with the exception of all them useless 2m/3m Tools and the Numerous Forks/Weights and stuff. My PS4 is showing 1.6TB of free space on the hard drive when I check it in the console settings. Yet in game the game tells me I am at 87% of my storage space for mod downloads. So I think there is a bit of a disconnect there somewhere, as my console have plenty of space available to download more mods, a whole hard drive basically. So Giants or Sony or whomever please fix this storage space issue, so I can download more mods in the future. Its silly as people say to only be 6 months after release, with the mods only now really starting to roll out and over the coming months we're going to have a lot of new maps and mods and stuff, yet we're already being told our storage is full, when it not.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

As previously stated if you read the thread, console is only allowed a certain amount of space.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
billy_roberts_81

Post by billy_roberts_81 »

Both Xbox1 and PS4 are limited not by there HDD space, but there GPU RAM ability.

Every mod you load uses up the VRAM.

At the moment the current Consoles are limited to the amount, this is reflected ingame by the slots you use on console.

As a lot of the newer Fs19 models are more complex and bigger in file size this means they will cost more slots.

The only change will come with the next generation of consoles when they upgrade the GPUs in them.

However the rumoured cost of those consoles in nearing the same as buying a medium spec PC, which has the ability and flexibility to be upgraded as and when you can afford to.

I understand it is frustrating for console players but everything has limitations.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

cwattyeso wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:43 pm I have a 2TB Drive in my PS4, Farming Simulator 19 is the only game I have installed on it, all other games are on an external. I have all the currently available DLC and Pre-Order Bonuses Installed, I have the majority of ModHub Mods downloaded and installed with the exception of all them useless 2m/3m Tools and the Numerous Forks/Weights and stuff. My PS4 is showing 1.6TB of free space on the hard drive when I check it in the console settings. Yet in game the game tells me I am at 87% of my storage space for mod downloads. So I think there is a bit of a disconnect there somewhere, as my console have plenty of space available to download more mods, a whole hard drive basically. So Giants or Sony or whomever please fix this storage space issue, so I can download more mods in the future. Its silly as people say to only be 6 months after release, with the mods only now really starting to roll out and over the coming months we're going to have a lot of new maps and mods and stuff, yet we're already being told our storage is full, when it not.
It wont change unless fs21 comes out on ps5
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

Sir_Kutz wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:38 am
I love how berates consoles because they are cheap, but then implies that a cheap PC will somehow be better... :lol:
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

I love how berates consoles because they are cheap, but then implies that a cheap PC will somehow be better... :lol:

There is some truth to what he says, though. A PC with what would generally be considered "mediocre" will run this game. It will actually run it fairly well. My PC ran me about 500$ for the complete build. With that PC, I can play a plethora of games, and play them reasonably well. Some run better than others, but they all run satisfactory for me. Some of these games include Arma 3, American Truck Simulator, Farming Simulator, Company of Heroes 2, and Gold Rush. That said, I can't play very many AAA titles on my PC. For that, I still have my PS4. In order to do play those games on my PC, I would simply need to purchase a better graphics card and install it. Not a very difficult thing to do, and one that I plan on doing soon. Once that is done it is likely my PS4 won't see as much use.

That said, a PS4 right now runs between 200$ and 300$. My PC as stated above was about 500$. Obviously, the PC is a little bit bigger of an investment. For myself personally, it has been well worthwhile just for the games that I can now play that aren't available on consoles. With a console, you can play all of the AAA games that I can't right now due to a minor hardware issue. Sticking to this game, though, my PC will run this game more than satisfactory for me. I assume your console also does very well by you. That is good. I am glad that you guys on console are able to enjoy this game.

To wrap up what I'm saying, a mediocre PC will play this game, complete with all that brings. So yes, Generally speaking a "cheap" gaming PC may be better for this game than a console. However it will tend to be a little more expensive. It is all in your preference. I was able to justify the price tag personally because I knew I could play enough games that are either unavailable on consoles, or that I would rather play on my PC. I do not regret that investment one bit. There is value in both. I apologize if this post is a little long and scatter-brained, as I was in a hurry.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

But for 400 I get a top of the line console..why would I trade that in for a mediocre PC?

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

Addictedtofs wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:27 am But for 400 I get a top of the line console..why would I trade that in for a mediocre PC?
"Top of the line console" is the same as an average PC. Your console will play all the AAA games that they put out for it. No disputing that. They're made to work with that hardware. A lot of those games, though, are also on PC. The PC that is set up fairly well (We'll call it the "Average" PC here) will outdo the console every time. It has better hardware. Think of your PS4 or Xbox as a "lower end PC". That's basically what it is. I'm not poking fun at anyone's system of choice, but that is essentially what a console is.

This may not be the best example, but it's basically like racing two cars. To eliminate outside factors, the track is 120 miles long, and perfectly straight and flat. No obstacles.

You have one car that accelerates fast-That's the console. Lower Price tag, not as good hardware. That car only gets up to 60 mph.

The other car doesn't accelerate quite as fast- That's the PC. A bit (Or sometimes a lot) higher of a price, but it has the better hardware. It goes 120 mph.

Both systems have their pluses. It's just that the average gaming PC outperforms the average console. It has better hardware. Incidentally, I have more practical uses for a PC too, so I can justify the higher price with "I can do a lot more with it". As far as gaming is considered, the PC is usually the bigger bang for your buck.
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

I know but my point is this: My console can play any game made for it. A low end PC can only play games that don't demand much from it. It's not a good trade off. It's like this; I could have a brand new Hyundai. It's not the best car, but it gets me around. One day someone asks to trade my brand new, low end car for their 20 year old Mercedes. Would you do it?

billy_roberts_81

Post by billy_roberts_81 »

Addictedtofs wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:07 am I know but my point is this: My console can play any game made for it. A low end PC can only play games that don't demand much from it. It's not a good trade off. It's like this; I could have a brand new Hyundai. It's not the best car, but it gets me around. One day someone asks to trade my brand new, low end car for their 20 year old Mercedes. Would you do it?
Farming Simulator on console is not identical to Farming Sim on PC.

On console your view/detail distances and many other graphic options are turned down to what would be the equivilant of low or medium settings on the PC version.
This means all the maps and models are not looking at there absolute best compared to PC.

So yes your console can play that fine, thats because its been limited to that.

Whereas a Medium spec PC for £500 - £600 will be playing the game with better settings than even the top Consoles. Depending on the spec it might not be playing it as smooth, but you can adjust the settings to suit your systems performance.

My own Pc cost me around £700, I didn't need to buy a monitor as I already had one, but then on console you usually already have the TV to plug it into, so they cancel each other out.

For that cost I have an Intel i5 and GeForce 970 6GB GPU with 8GB RAM. FS runs flat out for me at 60fps constantly. If I disable the vsync and disable the frame rate limiter it runs most maps even higher than that.
The only thing that slows it down is a badly made mod.

Unless you've tried both it's probably hard to fully understand the difference. For some they wouldn't care about the difference, but to others once experienced it feels like night and day.

Consoles are great for quick straight out of the box gaming. But PCs have far more flexibility and potential.
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

Farming Simulator on console is not identical to Farming Sim on PC.

On console your view/detail distances and many other graphic options are turned down to what would be the equivilant of low or medium settings on the PC version.
This means all the maps and models are not looking at there absolute best compared to PC.

So yes your console can play that fine, thats because its been limited to that.

Whereas a Medium spec PC for £500 - £600 will be playing the game with better settings than even the top Consoles. Depending on the spec it might not be playing it as smooth, but you can adjust the settings to suit your systems performance.

My own Pc cost me around £700, I didn't need to buy a monitor as I already had one, but then on console you usually already have the TV to plug it into, so they cancel each other out.

For that cost I have an Intel i5 and GeForce 970 6GB GPU with 8GB RAM. FS runs flat out for me at 60fps constantly. If I disable the vsync and disable the frame rate limiter it runs most maps even higher than that.
The only thing that slows it down is a badly made mod.

Unless you've tried both it's probably hard to fully understand the difference. For some they wouldn't care about the difference, but to others once experienced it feels like night and day.

Consoles are great for quick straight out of the box gaming. But PCs have far more flexibility and potential.
Exactly this. I would also like to add, it appears as if maybe Sony has upped the ante for their PS5 a little bit in that they're putting more competitive hardware in that system. I hope so, as that will lead to far greater potential for you guys with your system. That is based off of what little I've read of the PS5 though. Take it for what it is.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Drmattymd wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:52 pm
So if you have 1.6 tb left that must mean you're using close to 4 gb of space, correct? Isn't the limit 4 GB for console?
But it makes no sense to limit mod storage to 4GB if you have a console capable of downloading and storing a lot more. I appreciate in game it's different and due to performance we need the slot count to avoid grinding games down to single fps or crashing it, but just physically downloading and storing mods on the console should be completely separate from this and only restricted by how much free space you have on your console.

Something that would really be a help to console players would be if Giants took all their own ModHub mods and made them available as a downloaded DLC from your console store. Then all the Giants Mods don't count towards your storage limit as DLC does not, which would just leave the mods submitted and maintained by 3rd Party Authors that impact on your storage counter.

Maps Especially like Estancia Lapacho should be moved out of the modhub and made available as a DLC on your PSN Store or Xbox Live Store because that is taking up 768MB of your mod storage otherwise.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*