[NO BUG] List of Bugs (edit)

Here you find reports of bugs, that have been fixed.
Should you encounter similar symptoms to a bug that is listed here, please create a thread in Technical Support: viewforum.php?f=964
Rwfrazerjr

[NO BUG] List of Bugs (edit)

Post by Rwfrazerjr »

First off, I'm on the Xbox One and am always on auto game update. Wanted to get that out to you for the way first.

I have found a few issues thus far but seems pretty solid so far. However, a few of these bugs are MAJOR when it comes to control specifically.

First bug is a two part one. There is NO INDICATOR to show what tool is actually active unless I am simply missing it or have it turned off and can't seem to locate it. It was always by default in the past and I intentionally did not turn anything off in the settings. When I mean an indicator for which tool, if I have a tractor with a front loader, and say a tool attached to the loader arms. On the back I have a stump grinder. It's a guessing game as to what you are controlling or detatching at a given time (which can be a disaster and undo a lot of work, especially when logging).

(EDIT) Ok....I take that back, the indicator is now above the menu, the downside is (and I'm not color blind), which tool is active, the color BARELY changes. It basically changes from white to a slightly darker white, lol. From past games just always used to it being at the bottom of the screen.

The second part of that, when you do choose a tool, sometimes, depending on the controls being used (again, I'll use the front loader for an example). I can select the stump grinder on the back of my tractor. As I'm controlling that, my loader arms are also moving, even though the stump grinder is definitely what I have selected. The first part of this, it is an annoyance. The second part is a TRUE BUG, I should not be controlling two implements at the same time.

Is there anyway to get things that carry dry fertilizer and seed to also carry lime by default (example.....auger wagons or seed tenderer.

In the "Anderson Group" DLC, the bio baler will not pick up standard wood chips. At least from my experience in the past, wood chips were wood chips and that is what is indicated by the icon. If it weren't that this was an official DLC and NOT a mod I wouldn't mention it here.

PLEASE PUT MORE INSTRUCTIONS INTO TOOL DESCRIPTIONS. Example......tools like the Warzee Hay spreader. Here is an item that I would have flat ignored and never used except by accident I realized it has a built in bale spike. There is NOTHING that indicates this and how useful it suddenly became.

There is no indication as to how to turn on headlights. It's minor but for a true rookie, it would be tough. I've been playing since fs15. I knew it was there, just had to find it.

MAJOR ISSUE FOUND, Especially for future PLACEABLE SELL POINTS. An example...... In the past, I would put the heating plants at various houses and buildings on the map. (This is fun and useful always but specifically when using "seasons" to add more depth to the game. I requested someone make a firewood sell point where you could deliver 1m and under wood but will only take a low quantity before the price bottoms to $0) ANYWAY ....... There is a problem now with ONLY being able to put "placeables" on property t
you own. Some mod maps are VERY limited on sell points as it is. The competition of who to sell to and factoring in the drive distance is part of running a business which is what this game is about. So having multiple sell points has always been big for me. I did notice, every heating plants I place has a different price which is a good thing, in the past, it wouldn't even show up if I placed more than one of any sell point of the same name on the map if I remember correctly. I do know the price was always the same.

Please......PLEASE place an UNDO ALL or at least UNDO LAST ACTION in the landscaping tool. It's easy to do something you didn't intend to and really screw things up.

The tutorials are good and in game instructions are better but still having in depth instructions online would be a huge plus. If it weren't for absolute accidents, I wouldn't know half of what I do know.

LOVE THE NEW GAME THOUGH. SO THANK YOU! The landscape tool is a game changer. Now only if we could use the equipment to modify the terrain (front loader, excavator, etc.... I know that won't happen in this version, but you proved it possible with turn tool. So hoping the next iteration of the game will have it finally.)

(Any chance of adding keyboard and mouse controls now that Microsoft officially has added it to the system.). Honestly, I have yet to start a farm. I have been pre setting the default American map. Buying the whole map and planting more trees, even a few other changes. I then go sell everything and bring my money back to the start point. This is easier for computer players because they can edit the maps and xml files. I used to mod games, then had a small indie game development company going back to the late 90s up til about 2006. By then I had kids who are gaming now and it was either one Gaming computer or three consoles, too expensive having kids and being a gamer. Only bring that up because I know I hat goes into game production and how much it takes to change or add things in some cases. I'm a true OG, (original gamer, lol). I remember when our one pong system was on the only TV in the house.

Thanks again!!
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Re: List of Bugs (edit)

Post by x Lethian x »

Hi there Rwfrazerjr!

Thank you for your extensive bugreport - I'm afraid we can't work with a bug collection though. Would you be so kind as to open up separate topics for each one so we can check and forward them if necessary? Thank you!

Regards
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images