2 things i would like some opinions and answers on.

BigC92

2 things i would like some opinions and answers on.

Post by BigC92 »

First thing, whatever happened to vehicle and/or equipment sales in fs19? That was a huge money saver over my career in the FS series, yes it is realistic, because i hear a certain brand has a sale going on pretty much constantly, it would be awesome to bring it back. Second of all, you remember in previous Farming Sims where you find gold nuggets, find them all and get million? What if we had choices? Like, first choice get a million, spend it however you want, second choice, fill you farm silos, no matter how much the hold, third choice, get free equipment and vehicles of your chosing, i thought of that as i was away, like any of you guys noticed... But i would like to hear what you guys say, Moderators feel free to put this thread in the proper spot.
GenXFarmer

Re: 2 things i would like some opinions and answers on.

Post by GenXFarmer »

No and no.
Oh, I’m sorry, I thought this was America.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^why not, they were great features, even though I didn’t use or try to use the gold nuggets it was cool to have them, and I would love to have the sales back
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Sometimes i just ran into them, and secondly, no is not an answer to my first question.
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

I liked both the sales and nugget hunting, sales made things affordable when playing realistically and nuggets although not very realistic were good fun to go hunting for, I always used to setup farm get it running smooth then go gold hunting and use the million to setup my logging operations. You put out some cool ideas but i dont think we will see either feature again. I'm sad they are gone but its still fun without them.
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

I agree in that sales were a great money saver and seemed to an extent realistic and while the nuggets (coins, horseshoes what have you) I can live without them but they could be fun occasionally
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

Answer to both questions is Giants took it from the game. Like it or not, they decided to do so.

Opinion? Well, Gold Nuggets were fun until the 10th and I could not see anything on the map. in FS 19 I don't Need them as much as I did in FS 17 (where my only Need for them was the PSN-Trophy). If I'd needed them for Money, I could use the government-Sub.

Sales: Did not care in fs 17. Most sales were at a Point when I didn't Need that particular Item. It is like sales in real life: the biggest benefit is for the dealer. They were too random, that I could've use them to my advance. Buy a Challenger for 20 % off right now? Well thanks, but not thanks - I got my Traktors that I Need. I don't get as much Money for my old Traktor that I have more Money afterwards...
PS4 und PC
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

The Golden Nuggets were most realistic feature on FS17, this made it a real simulator.

Eische

Post by Eische »

For the sales I agree. Even if those were announcing machines I could not really use at that moment, it was still a nice feature.

For the gold nuggets...please don't bring them back in. It was stupid in FS17 already.
Instead I think more of a milestone system similar to the steam achievements.
If you reach a certain milestone, you get some money or other stuff.

possible milestones:
- deliver X amount of crop Y to station Z
- harvest X hectares
- plough X hectares
- fulfill X contract for one specific farmer

possible rewards:
- money
- animals?
- machines/machine discounts for specific brands
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Eische wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:03 am For the sales I agree. Even if those were announcing machines I could not really use at that moment, it was still a nice feature.

For the gold nuggets...please don't bring them back in. It was stupid in FS17 already.
Instead I think more of a milestone system similar to the steam achievements.
If you reach a certain milestone, you get some money or other stuff.

possible milestones:
- deliver X amount of crop Y to station Z
- harvest X hectares
- plough X hectares
- fulfill X contract for one specific farmer

possible rewards:
- money
- animals?
- machines/machine discounts for specific brands
Cash for milestones is a great idea. If they added that functionality, it would give them something to remove in the next version.
Arrancar88

Post by Arrancar88 »

Sales were very finicky, since they were rare and -10% is not a sale in my eyes, - 50% is a sale:)
I only bought tractors during one sale back when FS15 came out.

Collectibles were nice part of the games. I remember how happy I was when I found 50 bottles in FS11 and got that old tractor(dunno if there was something similar in FS09, since I don't remember finding bottles).
FS13 had horsehoes(I never found many of these lol). FS15 had gold coins and introduced nice mechanic, if you collect 10 all others will show on map. FS17 had gold nuggets.
And FS19 have dog lol. I seriously believed, that dog was secret key for finding gold(I spent few hours running around with him), but nope.
So yeah I am not happy collectibles are gone. That 1 mil. really helped at the start. Since there isn't anything now, that pays well without investing huge amount of time. Jobs are literally pointless to do, they pay like nothing for the time invested, besides fertilizing(but you gotta have best equipment).
PC Steam
Farming since FS2009 :hi:
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Don't miss either feature, sorry.
OlavEmil

Post by OlavEmil »

Arrancar88 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:09 pm -10% is not a sale in my eyes, - 50% is a sale:)
Good luck finding any real life heavy machinery dealer giving 50% off sales on new equipment. 10% is most definitely a sale when we are talking prices in the 5 and 6 digits.

I think sales were an excellent feature. Of course sales don't always suit exactly what you need at any exact given time. But sales work in two ways, both adding to both realism and gameplay (and neither putting down anything for those who don't want to use it, as far as I can see).

First, when a sale is announced, you would look through the sales and see if there is a sale worthwhile on any equipment that you either will need in the foreseeable future, or on any equipment that you have but may be ready for replacement or upgrade.

Second, when you are in the market of buying any given equipment, you would check if there were any relevant sales going on, meaning you could save some money on an expence you have to take either way.

Of course, if you play sandbox mode and money doesn't matter, neither does sales. But I can't see it being any kind of problem either in that situation.

Nuggets: I don't care.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

The only time I bothered collecting the Gold Nuggets in FS17, was on the Welker Farms map, and that was just to get the achievement for doing so on my PS4, as that map had them all in one handy easy spot. However I can also agree with comments some people make who are quite known in the FS Community. If you watch YouTubers like MrSealeyP, Daggerwin, Farmer Klein, they have often talked about missing the Nuggets in FS19, not for the reason of getting easy and free money, but because it made players actually fully explore and visit all parts of maps. Where as now in FS19 there is very little reason to travel off your farms and explore around the beautiful maps that people are creating and making. So in some ways its a shame they have gone, and not been replaced by something else that would force and encourage players to journey all over maps and off the beaten path as it were.

The Shop Sales is something that I do miss, although again to see it return to the game, it could do with being tweaked and adjusted a bit to make it fit in and make more sense. For example the sale equipment should be used, and have permanent reductions to it's power or speed, so even if you take it and repair it at your workshop, it'll never be the same as buying the brand new one from the shop. Also the sale equipment should wear down faster, need repairing more and consume more fuel in the case of vehicles or more product such as seed/fertiliser etc in the case of tools and equipment. So yes Sale equipment is good for starting out farmers with low money to get some cool looking vehicles and tools early in their careers for a good price, but overtime those sale purchases are not going to be cost effective or as productive as the new model. So they'd be prompted to upgrade to new vehicles then in time to save on the extra costs and hassles they are incurring from the sale equipment.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Sales did not work well in FS17, because they happened only on one brand, not when you need and were too rare. They would work, if you have different sales in everyday, for more than 1 brand. Let's say
20% off, so if you do not like it, you can sell it back next day and get your money back.

When i started the map in FS17, first thing i opened the map with Giants Editor and hit delete on the golden nuggets section. Most unrealistic thing to put inside the game. I mean, people want more realism from game and then they ask why we do not have golden nuggets?