Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

FarmerLee73

Re: Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Post by FarmerLee73 »

Any idea how close they are to fixing the animals info screen for seasons, I know they were working on it but not heard anything for a while.
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

I have some suffolk sheep. The ones I bought two years ago has a weight of 83kg. But the ones born last year now has a weight of over 100kg. Is this supposed to be like that, and why?
All female, and not pregnant
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

JohnDeere77 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:42 am I have some suffolk sheep. The ones I bought two years ago has a weight of 83kg. But the ones born last year now has a weight of over 100kg. Is this supposed to be like that, and why?
All female, and not pregnant
The growth curves was changed a bit between first release and the update after feedback from testers and a closer review of the RL data we had available.
CriusXD

Post by CriusXD »

A quick question about the crop rotation.

In v1 there was a crop rotation bug, is the bug still present in the newest version?
And can you deactivate the Crop Rotation in the menu if it isn't working?
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

Another question for crop rotation.
Are we suppose to get free fertilization stage if we have perfect crop rotation, cereal - oilseed- legume - repeat or only 20% bonus yield ?

I am asking this because here:
https://www.realismusmodding.com/mods/s ... p-rotation
it says we get 120% yield and free fertilization stage.

I dont get bonus fertilization stage even if i follow perfect crop rotation (cereal,oil,legume then repeat).
Is this a bug ?
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

Is it possible to get 2x grass harvest at 100% growth?
1st harvest at 100% growth is at early summer.
But after that, grass never reached 100% again, it was stuck at 66% until the mid winter when it was knocked back to stage 1 (33%).
Is this intended or a bug ?

I remember back in FS17 we were able to get 2x grass harvest at 100% growth, but it seems in FS19 we can get 1x 100% growth harvest and 1x 66% growth harvest...or am i wrong ?
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

We're still looking into the crop rotation issues
CriusXD

Post by CriusXD »

Rahkiin wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:13 pm We're still looking into the crop rotation issues
Thank you for the quick reply!
Keep up the good work!
hun3

Post by hun3 »

I have a question about crop rotation and sorry if this was asked before.

When we plan the crops in the planner...do I need to add the cover crops (radish) for another entry? Basically each year spring I plan my main crop and then in the fall I plant radish for fertilizer....Does that count as 2 entries per year in the planner?

I hope Im asking this clearly.

Thanks
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

I dont think the Planner cares about time at all, just what crop and the bonus it gives. So if you plant radish in the fall you will get the benefit the following spring, if I have it understood correctly
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

Radish does not count in crop rotations even though it shows in the planner. In the next version radish cannot be selected in the planner (already fixed).
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

bojanh66 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:21 pm Is it possible to get 2x grass harvest at 100% growth?
1st harvest at 100% growth is at early summer.
But after that, grass never reached 100% again, it was stuck at 66% until the mid winter when it was knocked back to stage 1 (33%).
Is this intended or a bug ?

I remember back in FS17 we were able to get 2x grass harvest at 100% growth, but it seems in FS19 we can get 1x 100% growth harvest and 1x 66% growth harvest...or am i wrong ?
You are right that only one full cut and one partial cut is possible. Will consider if this needs change as there are other changes that needs to be done with grass growth also.
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

OK, thank you for confirmation about the grass harvest.
Also, if we use direct seeder on harvested field, we wont get bonus fertilization stage.
But if we use direct seeder on cultivated field, then we will get bonus.
I am just curious is this normal or will be fixed ?
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

We will look at the direct seeding and fertilization issue. I see you have already registered the issue on gitlab so we will look at it. But do think it is a bug and not intended.
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

It is bug in a base game too. (without seasons)
If you spread fertilizer on harvested field, then use direct seeder, it wont apply fertilizer from seeder.
But in Seasons, it does the same thing plus it doesnt apply the bonus fertilizer from perfect crop rotation :), so we are missing 2x fertilization stages (66%).
If you RM guys can overwrite and fix both these issues (basegame and Seasons), it would be amazing.
Some other guy mentioned this issue to Giants, but we didnt hear any reply from them about the issue, so i opened another topic in bug reports.
viewtopic.php?t=135736