Rented servers

Flemingfarms

Rented servers

Post by Flemingfarms »

If I were to rent a server would my friends be able to play if im not playing? Or would it be no different then the current multiplayer platform in fs 19
Bacon, Gunpowder, Coffee. and Morning dew
K Money

Re: Rented servers

Post by K Money »

If you rent a dedicated server then no, you don’t have to play for then to play, it’s all down to the server settings you use, like location host, server password if used, player limit etc. I have not personally managed an fs server but I’m sure someone else will have more info
Platform; PC
Windows 7
Magnus.Jager

Post by Magnus.Jager »

Flemingfarms,

If you have a dedicated server rental (Or what they call dedicated, but generally is a shared server.), you can have it up 24.7 if you wish, and can then mitigate access via a password. So yes, your friends could play even if you couldn't be online or around. The one issue with this is if the server goes down for any reason and you aren't around, your friends are stuck waiting for you. In general it's good practice to have your server restart once per day (Most providers have auto-restart options), and if you play over a couple hundred hours or have more than 2-3 people, do it twice a day. Hope it helps and if you have any further questions, please feel free to DM me.
Flemingfarms

Post by Flemingfarms »

Magnus.Jager.... thanks for the info. I will be looking to rent a server then. any suggestions?
Bacon, Gunpowder, Coffee. and Morning dew
Magnus.Jager

Post by Magnus.Jager »

Feming,

No problem. There are lots of reputable hosts out there, I'd just find the one that seems to be the best fit for you. The Giants Web Interface is quite easy to use, but if you have any questions feel free to message me. If you are interested in a realistic, persistent and ongoing experience, come check us out at https://www.FarmSimulatorNetwork.info before you spend the money on a server. We have 8 servers, over 400 signups, and an amazing group of people as well as an extraordinary system that ties the economy and business together between all of those servers.
Shuffy

Post by Shuffy »

verygames is the one you want