ContractorMod

blue_painted

Re: ContractorMod

Post by blue_painted »

yumi wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:08 pm
rocky0994 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:25 pm
Buzz2112 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:37 pm Any word on an update? My helpers arms are getting tired arms. jkjkjk still one of my top 5 mods.
No Update will come and no answer.... we are waiting since month, i really think the mod is dead,
The standart helpers have to work more xD
Sorry to disappoint you, but no the mod is not dead. Of course i can't spend all the time i would like on it, but i'm still trying to fix it.

Quick question for everyone (that might help to by-pass the issue)

What if ,after game loading, you would be presented a panel or something to activate only the characters you want?

This way, by default only the first character is visible, the other ones are loaded when you validate the panel and I think in this case (and especially at this time) they could load correctly.

Thx for your feedback
I'd be happy with that.

Thanks for the mod by the way.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Buzz2112

Post by Buzz2112 »

Buzz2112 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:37 pm Any word on an update? My helpers arms are getting tired arms. jkjkjk still one of my top 5 mods.
No Update will come and no answer.... we are waiting since month, i really think the mod is dead,
Sorry to disappoint you, but no the mod is not dead. Of course i can't spend all the time i would like on it, but i'm still trying to fix it.

What if ,after game loading, you would be presented a panel or something to activate only the characters you want?

This way, by default only the first character is visible, the other ones are loaded when you validate the panel and I think in this case (and especially at this time) they could load correctly.

Thx for your feedback
Sure, give it a whirl, whats the worst that could happen.
You don't have to be a farmer to be outstanding in your field. But it helps.
Jonnjc

Post by Jonnjc »

I think that would be an awesome idea. Depending on the time of year it allows good ability to have seasonal workers.

I've been using the mod continually and apart from the arms out player and the cloths overwrite it works functionally fine.

Thanks for keeping up the good work

Thx for your feedback
Andreas Albrecht

Post by Andreas Albrecht »

I think, this is worth a try. For me it sounds good.
rocky0994

Post by rocky0994 »

Thx for your feedback

Hey Everyone...

I have no idea why but i have no more problem with the mod since the update from today and i change nothing at all.
So i really think that the new update repair you mod xD

I´m curious if im the only one ;)

Greetings
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

I'd have started with an apology for calling out the modder.
yumi

Post by yumi »

rocky0994 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:14 pm

Thx for your feedback

Hey Everyone...

I have no idea why but i have no more problem with the mod since the update from today and i change nothing at all.
So i really think that the new update repair you mod xD

I´m curious if im the only one ;)

Greetings
OMG you're so right! The issue is gone also on my savegame.
So i understand better why I was not able to fix it if it was in the game itself. I'll check but i think it was in the engine itself, not in the base game scripts.
That's good news
moreRealistic fan !
FS19 "mr" on Old Farm Coutryside and Champs de France.
Give a try to ContractorMod!
Contractor Mod Beta version for FS22
All released mods source code is on Github
Jonnjc

Post by Jonnjc »

No more characters with arms in a cross for me also. That's brilliant
ritzz

Post by ritzz »

Can anyone help me install this mod?
I put the zip file under C:\Users\<username>\Documents\my games\FarmingSimulator2017\mods location.
However, in the game, under Mods>Installed Contactormod doesn't show up. Also while getting in game, The mod is not listed in the mods list. Why is this happening?
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

ritzz wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:42 am Can anyone help me install this mod?
I put the zip file under C:\Users\<username>\Documents\my games\FarmingSimulator2017\mods location.
However, in the game, under Mods>Installed Contactormod doesn't show up. Also while getting in game, The mod is not listed in the mods list. Why is this happening?
You're sure you have the FS17 version installed?
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2017
Different generation versions won't work.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
ritzz

Post by ritzz »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:07 pm
You're sure you have the FS17 version installed?
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2017
Different generation versions won't work.

yes its the fs17 version
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

In order to find out why this is happening, please check the log.txt file of the game, which is located in the same folder where the mods folder is.

You will most likely find some error or warning messages related to the mod.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
ritzz

Post by ritzz »

don_apple wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:19 pm
In order to find out why this is happening, please check the log.txt file of the game, which is located in the same folder where the mods folder is.

You will most likely find some error or warning messages related to the mod.
Yes, the error is "Error: Unsupported mod description version in mod FS17_ContractorMod" Any idea how to fix the version?
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

ritzz wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:13 am Yes, the error is "Error: Unsupported mod description version in mod FS17_ContractorMod" Any idea how to fix the version?
This error usually indicates that the mod is incompatible with the version of the game you are using, and in most cases the reason for this is that the latest patch or the game hasn't been installed.

As you can see at https://www.farming-simulator.com/updat ... country=us the latest version of the FS17 is 1.5.3.1, therefore please check and make sure your game is updated to this version (the current installed version of the game is displayed in the upper left corner of the games main menu)
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

Hello @Yumi - I may have found a cause of some problem i'm having here and there while using Contractor Mod.

It looks like the .xml in the Career Savegame is not keeping the list of added vehicule.

It keeps the player name and position, but the vehicule list always disapear, everytime I hit save.

It seems to cause an issue while using the debug tool to position the passenger in the vehicule. It pops an LUA error.

I did try to add vehicule into the main contratormod xml (directly in the mod) but it doesn't work either.

Maybe that's not related, but i'm pretty sure this is not the way it should work.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)