Add contracts to fields that do not have them

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
SJ_Sathanas

Re: Add contracts to fields that do not have them

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

Does that also mean worker helpers don't work those fields properly too? I can't recall as I got bored really quickly with no contracts to pass the time.
ekeenan

Post by ekeenan »

The difficult part in fixing the field dimensions is that the dimension layer itself can either be a square or a rectangle. This means a field that is irregular in shape would have to have a number of square or rectangle dimension layers created to properly cover the field.

I discovered that if a field is not set up properly, the AI farmer would be unable to process the entire field. Just one section left open would mean its ignored along with the fact the total ha is not accurate. Also, if you have a contract on that field, that small portion of the field can't be processed by you since its not officially part of the field. This is what I found on the Loneoak field.
El_Nino_NL

Post by El_Nino_NL »

blue_painted wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:14 pm
El_Nino_NL wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:03 pm
Other little thing I did to the map, created collisions on the electric poles in the fields. Hated it everything could just go trough it.
Me too ... I was hoping I could select them all in GE and apply the collision but it didn't seem to work.

I've been play Greenwich with the mod unzipped so that I can pop in and out and make adjustments to suit my playing needs.
Well... That's a really good idea. Thank you!
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

SJ_Sathanas wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:27 am Does that also mean worker helpers don't work those fields properly too? I can't recall as I got bored really quickly with no contracts to pass the time.
That is also another issue and problem when fields aren't fully defined and sized correctly, the default in game AI Workers will not work those fields fully either. They will only work the little square/rectangle area the author has defined.

As for the Telegraph Poles having no collisions, that wasn't an issue for me as personally hate it when maps put solid objects in the middle of fields as again it screws up the ability to have AI Workers work the field. So when I edit the for myself, I just deleted any poles that were in the fields. In the game, I was then able to plough over the area where they were using the "Allow Create Fields"" option and just made my fields a bit bigger with no islands or objects in the middle of them.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Procobator

Post by Procobator »

blue_painted wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:14 pm
El_Nino_NL wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:03 pm
Other little thing I did to the map, created collisions on the electric poles in the fields. Hated it everything could just go trough it.
Me too ... I was hoping I could select them all in GE and apply the collision but it didn't seem to work.
You can switch them all if they are the same in name and configuration by using the replace function in GE.