Concentrrate on functionality rather than even more vehicles

cwattyeso

Re: Concentrrate on functionality rather than even more vehicles

Post by cwattyeso »

A DLC pack of popular Script Mods for Console Players would be awesome.

It could have Place Anywhere, Guidance Steering, Follow Me, Increased Fuel Usage, Pig Food Mixer, Global Easy Autoload and Global Company just to name a few which would really then open doors for other mods on consoles which can then link to and return to them.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
FarmerDan72

Post by FarmerDan72 »

Drmattymd wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:04 pm

The problem isnt modders or giants, its sony and Microsoft. They impose the restrictions for scripts. Giants has also stated in the past that the script restrictions applies to them as well, they cant just add new scripts anytime they want.
Then you also have to consider that these mods you want dont belong to Giants. Perhaps modders wouldn't want to give up control of their work
Those are all fair and frustrating points. What is it with scripts. Are these restrictions only in play after the release date, or do Sony and Microsoft restrict what can be put in the original game as well? Is this a FarmSim specific issue- maybe because of all the licensing? Surely there are more complicated scripts than these being added to other games.
PS4
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

I think blaming Sony and MS is just an easy excuse. I'll bet giants had to add a lot of scripts to base game for seasons. If scripts are included in base game updates, they can be tested and confirmed safe by Sony and MS. But, there's no money to be made by giants in doing this, so good luck convincing them to do it. Players got lucky that the seasons folks wanted to offer their dlc for free, and giants didn't really have a choice because they won the competition.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

FarmBoss wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:43 pmPlayers got lucky that the seasons folks wanted to offer their dlc for free, and giants didn't really have a choice because they won the competition.
Rubbish. That wasn't a condition of winning the Mod Contest at all. One of the prizes was the chance to propose a DLC, and if I remember correctly, it applied to the top three of each category, not just the winners (which the public then got a chance to vote on). Seasons/Realismus wasn't one of those.

These third party commercial DLCs were always unlikely to make it to console, one of the reasons I believe is because that's against the T&C of Sony and/or Microsoft (last time I checked there were zero third part DLCs on either console for any game).

Realismus chose not to propose any such DLC and it would have been limited to PCs even if they had proposed something and it was one of the winning entries.

GIANTS chose to support Realismus making Seasons available for console so every player had the chance to play with this game-changing mod. They didn't have to and were certainly under no obligation to, but they spent considerable resources so the game could support the vast scripts Seasons needs and did so again with FS19.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

this_is_gav wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:58 pm
FarmBoss wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:43 pmPlayers got lucky that the seasons folks wanted to offer their dlc for free, and giants didn't really have a choice because they won the competition.
Rubbish. That wasn't a condition of winning the Mod Contest at all. One of the prizes was the chance to propose a DLC, and if I remember correctly, it applied to the top three of each category, not just the winners (which the public then got a chance to vote on). Seasons/Realismus wasn't one of those.

These third party DLCs were always unlikely to make it to console, one of the reasons I believe is because that's against the T&C of Sony and/or Microsoft (last time I checked there were zero third part DLCs on either console for any game).

Realismus chose not to propose any such DLC and it would have been limited to PCs even if they had proposed something and it was one of the winning entries.

GIANTS chose to support Realismus making Seasons available for console so every player had the chance to play with this game-changing mod. They didn't have to and were certainly under no obligation to, but they spent considerable resources so the game could support the vast scripts Seasons needs and did so again with FS19.
Perhaps you're right about seasons making it to console. But you also must agree that blaming Sony and MS with regards to scripts is bogus, since Giants can and has added them to base game updates. As you said "they spent considerable resources so the game could support the vast scripts Seasons needs and did so again with FS19".
Chef93

Post by Chef93 »

Blaming MS may be bogus, but certainly not with Sony. Sony greatly restricts what types of mods can be distributed on their platform for unknown reasons. And it isn't just this game. The restrictions on what you can distribute for PS4 players for both Skyrim Special Edition and Fallout 4 are ridiculous compared to what you can distribute for xBox users. Now Giants made the decision that a console is a console, no matter if its a xBox or PS4, but almost all the restrictions that hold back the types of mods console players can have are from Sony.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

FarmBoss wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:01 pm Perhaps you're right about seasons making it to console. But you also must agree that blaming Sony and MS with regards to scripts is bogus, since Giants can and has added them to base game updates. As you said "they spent considerable resources so the game could support the vast scripts Seasons needs and did so again with FS19".
I suspect something has been lost in translation or to time, and it was probably GIANTS saying they can't simply add script mods to the ModHub themselves. It seems it's quite an arduous process getting scripts not just incorporated into the game, but also through the swathes of testing required on consoles. Presumably that's the reason why there will not be an update to Seasons on console, whereas there could still be a future update for PC.

Obviously things like ground response was released for FS17, but it was a early (day one?) release and I assume the code for that would have already been in the gold version of the base game.

There's a reason why Seasons is and will remain the only non-GIANTS script mod - certainly for FS19 anyway.
FarmerDan72

Post by FarmerDan72 »

$$$...If there was money in it, then it would be done. I think most of the scripted mods we talk about would go unnoticed, or unwanted by the vast majority of FS players. Seasons on the other hand was, and is, a game seller. Even the casual gamers like the idea of fall colors and snow. I didn't buy FS19 until seasons was added.
PS4
Valko_inen

Post by Valko_inen »

I wonder whether something similar to the Global Company Addon can be implemented in the base game as a repository of scripts and then the individual mods would make use of them instead of needing their own 3rd party script s