Added realism for vehicles

Fyremintar

Re: Added realism for vehicles

Post by Fyremintar »

I did some tests and the only thing that helped with the jumping problem was changing damper atribute in wheels section in .xml file from 20 to like 50-60. I am not a .lua guy so dont know how REA affects this.

During the tests, I also discovered that the problem of jumping is not just for harvesters but also for bigger vehicles like Claas Xerion and Holmer Terra Variant. Sadly I cant change damper value on Xerion because it is from official DLC :/
shaqFS

Post by shaqFS »

Hello 900hasse,
Thank you very much for your modifications.
My proposition for changing the GUI.
-- Write GUI
local OffsetSideways = 0.91;
local TextSize = 0.017;

-- Draw motor load
if vehicle.GUIMotorLoad < 10 then
renderText(OffsetSideways, 0.24, TextSize,"Motor load: " .. vehicle.GUIMotorLoad .. "%");
elseif vehicle.GUIMotorLoad > 95 then
TextSize = 0.02
setTextColor(1, 0, 0, 0.9)
setTextBold(true)

renderText(OffsetSideways, 0.24, TextSize,"Motor load: " .. vehicle.GUIMotorLoad .. "%");
else
end;
-- Draw slip
if vehicle.GUISlip < 10 then
renderText(OffsetSideways, 0.22, TextSize,"Slip: " .. vehicle.GUISlip .. "%");
elseif vehicle.GUISlip > 90 then
TextSize = 0.02
setTextColor(1, 0, 0, 0.9)
setTextBold(true)

else
end;
RedStan89

Post by RedStan89 »

Hi everybody,

Anyone find the way to reduce the jumping effect on the field ?
With REA, tractors are always shaking and jumping hard when on field... It's the only thing why i can not play with this amazing mod, all the others improvements are awesomes !

@900Hasse Could you help us ?

900hasse

Post by 900hasse »

Hello and thank you for feedback!

Fyremintar
The REA script does not use any suspension data or parameters, what I think is weird is that to similar vehicles have got so completely different values(Holmer and Ropa).

shaqFS
I'm working on a new release and one of the things being changed is the GUI:
1. using Icons instead of fixed text being language neutral
2. making it more slim
3. Being more correct implemented to scaling and so on...

RedStan89
What vehicles is shaking and jumping and what ground state?

//900hasse
REA22 mod
https://github.com/900hasse
//Hans Nordberg
RedStan89

Post by RedStan89 »

Hi 900hasse :)

You can find bellow a video for sharing my "problem".
It's on a cultivated field with a default tractor (no mod).
The tractor is shaking to much for me (personal feeling)...
I searched but don't really find how to smooth it or going back to original (disable) on the REA.xml...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C71-uSFyG4

Thanks for your Help.
900hasse

Post by 900hasse »

RedStan89 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:07 am Hi 900hasse :)

I searched but don't really find how to smooth it or going back to original (disable) on the REA.xml...

Thanks for your Help.
Hello!

Extract and open the REA.lua
Search for REA.WheelRadiusMaxSinkFactor, this should be somewhere around line 160 and decrease this value.
Create zip-file and put in mods folder.

//900hasse
REA22 mod
//Hans Nordberg
shaqFS

Post by shaqFS »

Hi 900hasse,

To calculate the power you use the formula:

PowerAvalible = motor.motorAvailableTorque * motor.lastMotorRpm *math.pi/30.

This is a good formula for calculating the power in KW but FS uses PS.
You are undercutting the power of vehicles.
Is it intentionally?
RedStan89

Post by RedStan89 »

900hasse wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 12:21 pm
RedStan89 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:07 am Hi 900hasse :)

Thanks for your Help.
Hello!

Extract and open the REA.lua
Search for REA.WheelRadiusMaxSinkFactor, this should be somewhere around line 160 and decrease this value.
Create zip-file and put in mods folder.

//900hasse
Way better, thank you :)
Dusky337

Post by Dusky337 »

Hello!
I really enjoy your mod, it adds a lot of realisitc behavior to the vehicles while working in the field and when differing between terrain. Though I have a small problem. I know it's really not my place to ask you to make your mods work with other mods, that would be selfish of me, but the case I've got is fairly.... odd. I started a new savegame and I'm on a very tight budget. I'm running a Valtra A series with the 110hp motor and care wheels for spraying/weeding etc. I purchased a modded 6m weeder that Is fairly cheap but has been reliable and easy to use.

http://www.farmingsimulator19mods.com/e ... -0-0-fs19/

It requires 60Hp to use, says the shop description. Yet the Valtra won't pull it. Almost immediately it sinks hard and won't move. I tried it with another modded 6m weeder I have as well as the basegame 9m einbock weeder. I found that it pulls the 9m weeder much better than it pulls either of the 6m weeders despite the power requirements being higher. In fact the second weeder I tested (the Gorenc Puller but I don't have a link) wouldn't even sink into the ground, causing the front wheels of the tractor to sink and the rear wheels to be suspended on the surface of the dirt just spinning thanks to the weeder holding it up.The only thing I can think of is that the modded weeders weigh much more than they should and it's causing a problem with the mod?

Will we ever get a version of this that is compatable with modded implements or is there something else I'm missing? Any way to edit these mods to improve their performance with REA?

-Duskfall
900hasse

Post by 900hasse »

dusky337
Hello!
The states HP need in the shop has nothing to do with how much power is actually needed.
In the XML there is a section "powerConsumer", compare the numbers with a non mod implement.
The REA mod makes no difference on modded and vanilla vehicles and that is the point.

Edit:
"Max Force", probably 7 is a good start value.
https://amp.reddit.com/r/farmingsimulat ... wer_of_an/

Edit nr 2 :smileynew: :
I could not resist taking a look in the mod you have.
The "Max Force" of you mod is 12, this is the same as the in game 12m weeder, this one is stated to be 95HP.

//900hasse
REA22 mod
//Hans Nordberg
Johny01

Post by Johny01 »

Hallo,

I really like your Mod, but the pto requieres way to much power.
Which Paramters need to be adjusted the lower the required pto power?

I found some old adjustemnts, but in 1.2.0.0 these lines are nor correct anymore.
Jennraven

Post by Jennraven »

Really love the mod, just wow! A one file does all for anything, great!!
I found a little thing with the balers, their pickup digs really far into the ground, causing lighter round balers like the Deutz baler to bounce around, and cause wicked drag (which is also realistic considering if the pickup dug that far into the dirt it would bring the smaller tractor to a standstill!)
Wondering, any fix for this? It works without issue (aside from digging into the ground as said before) with the Krone Comprima from Straw Harvest and my 7250 Deutz, but my little agrostar just can't pull it without nearly digging a hole in the ground.
Anyway awesome mod my friend i can't imagine playing without it as i love realism mods!!
Thanks so much!

**edit i have read into this great forum, and have found that altering the maxsink value might solve it, will try this and report (the small wheels on the baler seem to be what allows the sinking)
900hasse

Post by 900hasse »

Jennraven wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:07 pm Really love the mod, just wow! A one file does all for anything, great!!
I found a little thing with the balers, their pickup digs really far into the ground, causing lighter round balers like the Deutz baler to bounce around, and cause wicked drag (which is also realistic considering if the pickup dug that far into the dirt it would bring the smaller tractor to a standstill!)
Wondering, any fix for this? It works without issue (aside from digging into the ground as said before) with the Krone Comprima from Straw Harvest and my 7250 Deutz, but my little agrostar just can't pull it without nearly digging a hole in the ground.
Anyway awesome mod my friend i can't imagine playing without it as i love realism mods!!
Thanks so much!

**edit i have read into this great forum, and have found that altering the maxsink value might solve it, will try this and report (the small wheels on the baler seem to be what allows the sinking)
Thanks you for your kind words!
There is a new version in testing, in the original sink calculation the determined sink is based mostly on a given factor for each wheel, this means that a large wheels on a light vehicle still can sink a lot.
This is changed in the new version and is mostly based on wheel width and load on the wheel.
This might solve your trouble, of course I can't promise.
//900hasse
REA22 mod
//Hans Nordberg
900hasse

Post by 900hasse »

Johny01 wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:47 pm Hallo,

I really like your Mod, but the pto requieres way to much power.
Which Paramters need to be adjusted the lower the required pto power?

I found some old adjustemnts, but in 1.2.0.0 these lines are nor correct anymore.
Hello!
I dont have the same code anymore but the variable should still have the same name so just search for it and i think you can solve it.
//900hasse
REA22 mod
//Hans Nordberg
Jennraven

Post by Jennraven »

900hasse wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:52 pm
Jennraven wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:07 pm Really love the mod, just wow! A one file does all for anything, great!!
Thanks so much!

Thanks you for your kind words!
There is a new version in testing, in the original sink calculation the determined sink is based mostly on a given factor for each wheel, this means that a large wheels on a light vehicle still can sink a lot.
This is changed in the new version and is mostly based on wheel width and load on the wheel.
This might solve your trouble, of course I can't promise.
//900hasse

Excellent can't wait to try it! I edited the maxsink and math calculations as was described by yourself and one other... as for the baler, it didn't seem to help much. But for my Anderson Hybrid X XTractor bale wrapper from the Anderson DLC it did help a bit for it to move on its own. Also, as described, using the Vehicle Control mod just really helped and well, that was an excellent change to my game.
Keep up the excellent work! Its raining so I'm gonna go puddle jumping! (Love the dynamic puddles too, just excellent!)