Added realism for vehicles

bojanh66

Re: Added realism for vehicles

Post by bojanh66 »

Hey, i am using REA and REA dynamic dirt.
But when tractor approaches small puddle of water on the field, it gets stuck...i tested even with 500+ HP tractor.
When i disable REA Dynamic dirt, it works fine.
Will you fix this in future update ?
Louisst

Post by Louisst »

Has anyone found a fix for anything that have dynamicmount as vehicle type? either trailers or cutter trailer start dancing either when you get in the field or when you put a cutter on it.

Tried changing vehicle type, wheel settings, mass etc nothing is working.

Thanks
900hasse

Post by 900hasse »

bojanh66 wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:50 pm Hey, i am using REA and REA dynamic dirt.
But when tractor approaches small puddle of water on the field, it gets stuck...i tested even with 500+ HP tractor.
When i disable REA Dynamic dirt, it works fine.
Will you fix this in future update ?
Hello!
During which surcomstances?
Pulling implement?
Wheel setup?
Ground state? plowed, cultivated, harvested?

There are many factors and power should not matter that much if you get stuck or not.

//900hasse
REA22 mod
https://github.com/900hasse
//Hans Nordberg
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

I sent you a PM with youtube video so you can take a closer look.
buddy

Post by buddy »

Maybe a hotfix??? @900hasse
Dldrth

Post by Dldrth »

Firstly, thanks for the all amazing hours you have put in to the mod.
I would like to make a request for the mod.
Since -as far as I know- REA is a global script, would it be possible to activate or disable the addon entirely for specific items in-game via buy screen.
Since, You know, some of the implements go crazy while the mod active, making mod only active if the said vehicle or implement is bought with "REA Active" option is selected.
This would make an amazing addition to the already great mod and It would make most of our problems go away.
D9005

Post by D9005 »

Stianby wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:34 am Hello!

first of all, i love this mod! Brings a lot to the game i feel.
But there is a problem.
Using the Axion 900 series tractor from the Claas DLC.
The freont wheels spin way too much, and the tractor digs down with the front end.
From what i can see, the mod calculates the wheelsize wrong as opposed to other tractors. It's the only machine I have this problem with.

Cheers!
Stian By
Hello 900hasse,

Is there any solution for the fast spinning front wheels? The "Fendt 700/800 Pack" from Cayman has the same problems.

Thanks for your work on this mod :)
KCHARRO

Post by KCHARRO »

I think the problem is in the new friction calculation, based on the Season humidity, I went back to the previous version of REA, which does not use season humidity, and it is ok (no overspin on the front wheels)
krpajda

Post by krpajda »

I still can not quite figure out why this mod murders the Varitron (vanilla self propelled potato harvester) so hard. As soon as i enter a field, i get tons of wheel slip. Tried using the modhub "fixed" version of the same machine, and even then, it does not work unless i use comically wide front wheels.
At first i thought REA pushes the center of mass too far forward, moving the weight from the tracks onto the pizzacutters up front, but balancing the machine on a fork lift shows me thats not the case. Digging through the files, i either could not quite understand how wheel slip is calculated, or i understood it right and theres no good reason for it.
Also tried enhancedvehicle, in case the machine sends too much power to the front wheels for some reason, but even disabling all wheel drive did not help.

Do you bother with potatoes, hasse? have you had a similar experience? any idea what to do to fix this?
Dave467

Post by Dave467 »

Hello 900hasse,
Is there a github side, which a experimental version? That we can test for you newer updated of your great mod?

Is there planned to add different conditions/frictions which is now given by the prcesion farming mod? Or is there planned to add differences for usage of the plows/cultivators for the different ground types from PF mod?

Thanks in advance.
Dave
900hasse

Post by 900hasse »

Dave467 wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:15 pm Hello 900hasse,
Is there a github side, which a experimental version? That we can test for you newer updated of your great mod?

Is there planned to add different conditions/frictions which is now given by the prcesion farming mod? Or is there planned to add differences for usage of the plows/cultivators for the different ground types from PF mod?

Thanks in advance.
Dave
Hello!
No there is not a github site.
I would like to have different drag for plows, cultivators and seeders. This would be easily implemented but i cant figurer out how to get the data from that mod.
//900hasse
REA22 mod
//Hans Nordberg
balka10

Post by balka10 »

Hello ! : D
I have a problem with this modem: /
Because when I am on the field and there is a 1455 XL case and a 17-ton trailer in it, and when I want to start, it barely goes: /
For example, I'm driving a tractor with an empty trailer fast, I slow down on a straight field: /
Can it be removed from the mod somehow?
I will be grateful and best regards !!!
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

There is a bug with Claas DLC vehicle Axion 960.
It has 445hp.
I am pulling some plow which require aprox 250hp and max speed is 14km/h, tractor is pulling it at 12km/h and power usage is around 70%.
When i tried with other vehicles with similar power of 450hp like Case Magnum, New holland T8 or John Deere 8R, they are pulling at 13-14km/h.
900hasse

Post by 900hasse »

bojanh66 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:28 pm There is a bug with Claas DLC vehicle Axion 960.
It has 445hp.
I am pulling some plow which require aprox 250hp and max speed is 14km/h, tractor is pulling it at 12km/h and power usage is around 70%.
When i tried with other vehicles with similar power of 450hp like Case Magnum, New holland T8 or John Deere 8R, they are pulling at 13-14km/h.
Hello!
The HP stated in shop is just a text, it has nothing to do with how much it can pull.
In the XML for the vehicle check tourqescale and devide it with 0.0044 to get an estimated HP.
//900hasse
REA22 mod
//Hans Nordberg
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

Hello, yes torque scale is correct, i compared it to other tractors in same HP range.
Even when driving across the field without any implement, Claas is accelerating a bit slowly than JD 8R, NH T8.435 and other similar tractors.