Multiplayer works except for 2 files

Naberious

Multiplayer works except for 2 files

Post by Naberious »

Me and my friend were playing together and then we took a little break then we tried playing again and we could but all of the sudden 2 mods wouldn't let either him join me or me join him. so we re installed the mods and that didn't work then we both tried new multiplayer sessions and still just those 2 mods wont let either of us join. They have the same version and everything the only difference we could find is that when we look at the mods in the game it show something like (b8ED877ebf1bf4000d2ac2b4a669411) beside the name of the creator and how big the file is, and the is the only difference that we can find between our two files other then that everything is the same. does anyone know if that big number is important or not and or has anyone came into this before.
Magnus.Jager

Re: Multiplayer works except for 2 files

Post by Magnus.Jager »

If they are modhub mods, it's possible that you both updated to the latest version but you haven't updated your servers mod version yet.
Naberious

Post by Naberious »

No i believe we got them from the farmingsimulator19mods website but if that will do the same thing then how would we update the server mods version? because we can both play with it online and everything just when we try to join each other then it doesn't work and we have also tried sending the file to each other to make sure its the same and still no go.
strauts6

Post by strauts6 »

I do it like this. As im hosting, I manage mods and copy my mod folder to Google drive, then my friend has sync app installed and always has the exact same copy of mods. And yes the big number (MD5 hash) is important, its how the game determines if mods are exactly the same. Also check if mod names are the same and doesnt have ''copy of'' or ''(1) etc added to it.
Magnus.Jager

Post by Magnus.Jager »

Long and short is, if you and your friend are both sure you have the same mod, then go to your server and upload that mod, and replace the old file of that mod. Should resolve the issue!