WIP: Vehicles Test Drive

yumi

WIP: Vehicles Test Drive

Post by yumi »

I wanted to present here a new mod idea I'm working on.
It's far from being done and usable, but the idea is there and feedbacks might help getting the right way.
I'm currently working on GUI customization so I could make following screenshots but most of the code is to be written and the more I test, the more I see things to solve or add.

The goal of the mod is to be able to request a test drive at the shop so you can compare different vehicles before buying.
Let's imagine you want to buy a new tractor at Case IH around 200HP.

You can select until 3 different models (different vehicle or configuration) and request a test drive
Start by configuring 1st vehicle and click TEST DRIVE
Confirm this test drive (since I plan to authorize only to select vehicle of the same brand (or maybe group like CNH, Agco...)
Select 2 other vehicles
Once done, click on START TEST DRIVE to get the vehicles at the shop (as leased, but free for now)
Once you tested and made your choice, you can
  • either Buy one of them BUY AND END TEST DRIVE (you are charged as buying it normally)
  • or click on END TEST DRIVE WITHOUT BUYING and return all the vehicles (you might be charged the amount of 1 vehicle, still to be defined)

I guess leasing should be limited or maybe leasing daily cost should be kept.

What do you think?
moreRealistic fan !
FS19 "mr" on Old Farm Coutryside and Champs de France.
Give a try to ContractorMod!
Contractor Mod Beta version for FS22
All released mods source code is on Github
Bryan83

Re: WIP: Vehicles Test Drive

Post by Bryan83 »

This looks really interesting. Just a thought, you remember how in FS15 brands would occasionally go on sale? Maybe you add something to where the dealership will randomly offer to demo equipment for free to the user.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Yn0z

Post by Yn0z »

I really like this idea and the reason for that is I had purchased a tractor with the right HP to pull my seeder and when I actually tried putting it to work it couldn't properly pull the seeder...

However, a mechanism needs to be put in so that the test drive beyond a certain time/trigger costs money (Punative) otherwise it would be a way to "test drive a tractor and every time you need to plant you "Test Drive" a vehicle.

But yea really love the idea and hope you get it right!
yumi

Post by yumi »

Yn0z wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:17 am I really like this idea and the reason for that is I had purchased a tractor with the right HP to pull my seeder and when I actually tried putting it to work it couldn't properly pull the seeder...

However, a mechanism needs to be put in so that the test drive beyond a certain time/trigger costs money (Punative) otherwise it would be a way to "test drive a tractor and every time you need to plant you "Test Drive" a vehicle.

But yea really love the idea and hope you get it right!
Thanks for the feedback. Yes I was thinking to put a maximum test drive time or really high cost after a given amount of time.
I put the project in pause due to lack of time and lack of answers here but I'll try to get back on it
moreRealistic fan !
FS19 "mr" on Old Farm Coutryside and Champs de France.
Give a try to ContractorMod!
Contractor Mod Beta version for FS22
All released mods source code is on Github
CudoYT

Post by CudoYT »

Last edited by CudoYT on Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lernt Modden/Mappen.
Lädt unregelmäßig Videos auf seinem YT Kanal hoch. :confusednew:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdXJ4G ... t5YyhWyPBg[/youtube]
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

I've always wanted to see if anyone would make a demo program for Farming Simulator
Bryan83 wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:14 am This looks really interesting. Just a thought, you remember how in FS15 brands would occasionally go on sale? Maybe you add something to where the dealership will randomly offer to demo equipment for free to the user.
+1 to this. Are there still sales in 19, or did that feature discontinue after 17?
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

Unfortunatly there are no more sales in FS19, it was a great feature to encourage players to buy some brands, they normally wouldn't buy.

Now to the mod:
I like the idea, i'm unsure if it is that much useful for me, as with seasons i get a 30 min test time anyway, but that brougth me to the idea of an overhaul of the leasing feature if that is possible, you are able to script that and you like the idea of it.

Like a three stage leasing feature:
1. test drive - really short time (~20 min), cheap or for free to compare different equipment, if possible limit the range around the buying point
2. short time leasing - really expensiv but sometimes one needs the equipment and it's cheapter than buying it.
3. long time leasing - cheaper and an option to buy it for a reduced price at the end, maybe enhanced by not providing all the equipment all the time
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Phantoms

Post by Phantoms »

I've always just used a test game in a different savegame to load up and test equipment I'm thinking of purchases. Loaded that savegame down with it money so I don't run into price problems when testing out equipment. If I'm happy with it then load up my playthough savegame and buy it.

This sounds like it could replace that but if there was someway to make all changes while testing not stick , say you can't work a farm and have it stick after the testdrive so that you are getting something for free, then that would be perfect.
Playing on PC