Medicine Creek

Share your creations with us!
Dairydeere

Medicine Creek

Post by Dairydeere »

Hello everyone, I decided to make a thread about my new save I’m doing on Medicine Creek. This will have screenshots of my activity (as soon as I get home to get the photos uploaded :biggrin2: )

Edit: What is listed below is inaccurate. Scroll down to the fifth post to see what I have after the update was released
So far the lineup of equipment is :
  • JD 8370R
    Challenger 675D
    IH 766
    JD 8410
    JD 7710
    MF 3050
    JD 9860 STS
    JD 9750 STS
    Semi Ordered
    Five fields, 1/2 hour a day, lots of fun
Last edited by Dairydeere on Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Dairydeere

Re: Medicine Creek

Post by Dairydeere »

Corn harvest is going strong. My small field is close to completion, but I still have the massive field 12 (I have no clue why I got it, it didn’t look big on the map :lol: ), and I have bought 25 head for my dairy operation. Wheat is being harvested with my smaller STS, and the soybeans are almost ready. I am planting alfalfa soon, and I have a lot of straw to be baled.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Happy farming!
xgaetx

Post by xgaetx »

I started that one this week. Only played 30 minutes or so.
Do you also end up under the ground level when you teleport in the train or is it one of my mods messing up with the map?
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

I got that too. If you drive the train far enough though, it turns around outside the map and comes back through. You can also just walk off the south end of the map. I got a screenshot in the Screenshots thread 🤣

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Update on my progress. My corn is 98% done, and the soybeans are almost ready to go. The alfalfa is being mowed and raked. I will be chopping it soon and feeding it to my herd of 25 cows. I have settled a contract with a neighbor to harvest some of his beans with my new acquisition, aJohn Deere S700 series accompanied by a custom built Midwest 60 foot Draper. I hope to make a good profit from the contract to help pay back some of my loan

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

New Start
Ok. I'm going to have to scratch all the previous posts because I downloaded the updated version and made a new save on it. I'm very happy with the new setup.
  • New Holland 9882
  • John Deere 8345R
  • Case Magnum MX230
  • John Deere 4240
  • John Deere 4010
  • John Deere 332G
  • Mack Anthem MP8-505A
  • Still not sure on a combine, but as I'm playing seasons it won't be a rush to get one ordered. Leave combine suggestions down below if you know of a good one
I bought a different area of land this time, going with the north cattle farm and fields 52, 53, 61, and 62. I got a John Deere 2410 5-section cultivator and got the NH 9882 working in field 62 preparing for corn. I took the 8R and bought the Custom Modding Great Plains drill with the liquid fertilizer addon, and began planting alfalfa in field 53. I also found an old New Holland pull-type forage harvester and a pair of wagons to harvest my alfalfa silage with. I can't decide if I want to find a corn head for it or get an old self-propelled forager. But the farm is off to a good start, and after the first year is up I hope to have enough products in stock at the farm to begin feeding a cattle herd.

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Day 1 of spring is over in the Medicine Creek Valley, and my 9882 has some work on it. I finished cultivating field 62 in preparation for corn last night, and in the morning of day 2 I have the 8345R and GP drill waiting patiently for the temperature to hopefully rise enough to plant corn. While I wait for an increase in temp, I am creating a new plot of arable land in the NE corner of my main farm acreage to serve as a soybean field. I am calling it field 61b. Both 61a and 61b are planned for a soybean crop, while 62 and 52 will be corn, and field 53 already has germinated alfalfa in it. I am pumped for more crop growth!

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!