[WIP] Goldhofer STZ-VP 3 enhanced edition

Tekkev

Re: [WIP] Goldhofer STZ-VP 3 enhanced edition

Post by Tekkev »

Nice work !

Keep the great job !
KTC Modding: https://bit.ly/2EbWrRZ (kevthecanadian)
Blacksheep Modding Discord | Facebook Manager
macenkodenis94

Post by macenkodenis94 »

Tekkev wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:54 pm Nice work !

Keep the great job !
Thanks, I'll do my best
What did you say about orange triangular in previous replay? I mean I need more info with pics to make it right.
And I need info about sign and light standards in US, to make mod as realistic as possible.
Dream Truck Team https://VK.com/createthedreamtruck
Sorry for my bad eng.
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

The orange triangle is more for machines/equipment that will be on the road as a hazard due to lower speeds.

For US lighting standards, I'll try to get a couple more pics up later today from one of our trailers to help you out.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
macenkodenis94

Post by macenkodenis94 »

Bryan83 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:13 pm The orange triangle is more for machines/equipment that will be on the road as a hazard due to lower speeds.

For US lighting standards, I'll try to get a couple more pics up later today from one of our trailers to help you out.
About triangular I understand, so we don't need it on lowdeck trailer.
About pics - it will be very useful, thank you!
Sorry for my bad eng.
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

macenkodenis94 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:18 pmAbout triangular I understand, so we don't need it on lowdeck trailer.
About pics - it will be very useful, thank you!
On the rear of the trailer, somewhere on the body centered needs these 3 smaller red DOT lights

Then on the sides, the minimum is one front, mid and rear side marker lights

The front and middle ones are amber (yellow/orange) and the rear one is red. Also, if it is available as a combo unit, the middle one is also a turn signal.
Last edited by Bryan83 on Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

If its helpful, if I was making this I would put the lights in line with the red/white tape.

macenkodenis94

Post by macenkodenis94 »

Bryan83 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:42 pm
On the rear of the trailer, somewhere on the body centered needs these 3 smaller red DOT lights
Is it will be right, if I place then not inline with backlights on the sides, but lower (coas there is a gap on trailer body between backlights)?
Minimum, but can be more? I mean if I will place 2-5 side lights on the sides is it still be right?
The front and middle ones are amber (yellow/orange) and the rear one is red. Also, if it is available as a combo unit, the middle one is also a turn signal.
Combo unit? What does that mean (I have bad eng, and don't know many terms)

P.S.: REAAAALY big thank you for your help!
Sorry for my bad eng.
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

macenkodenis94 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:22 pm
Is it will be right, if I place then not inline with backlights on the sides, but lower (coas there is a gap on trailer body between backlights)?
Minimum, but can be more? I mean if I will place 2-5 side lights on the sides is it still be right?
Combo unit? What does that mean (I have bad eng, and don't know many terms)[/Spoiler]

P.S.: REAAAALY big thank you for your help!
So yes, the 3 can be mounted above or below the tail lights, they just have to be on there.

Yes, you can do more, that's just the minimum requirement.

Combo is English short hand for combination. The light in the middle is both a marker light and a turn signal.

macenkodenis94

Post by macenkodenis94 »

Bryan83 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:04 pm Combo is English short hand for combination. The light in the middle is both a marker light and a turn signal.
Oh, you mean two type of light in one glass (lightbody) (like tail light and brake light in one body) ? Or "if it is available as a combo unit" is about double trailer roadtrain?
And one more thing: Side middle when turned on as marker lights in half of brightness, and when blink as turn light - in full brightness?
Sorry for my bad eng.
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

macenkodenis94 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:07 am
Bryan83 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:04 pm Combo is English short hand for combination. The light in the middle is both a marker light and a turn signal.
Oh, you mean two type of light in one glass (lightbody) (like tail light and brake light in one body) ? Or "if it is available as a combo unit" is about double trailer roadtrain?
And one more thing: Side middle when turned on as marker lights in half of brightness, and when blink as turn light - in full brightness?
The first one, two lights in one bulb/housing.

And exactly right, 50% bright for marker, 100% when flashing.

macenkodenis94

Post by macenkodenis94 »

Bryan83 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:46 am The first one, two lights in one bulb/housing.

Ok, got you. Will add some light assets on a sides.
But now check that, I make more changes, than in last time. Is that better? (side lights will be added in giant editor, now only mesh preview)
Small mesh changes on a back side, and totally redone sides of lowdeck platform(where extender triangles is placed) to add tension belts.
(large image, you can zoom in)
And one more thing: Is there any place to locate revers light?
Sorry for my bad eng.
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

macenkodenis94 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:38 am
Bryan83 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:46 am The first one, two lights in one bulb/housing.

Ok, got you. Will add some light assets on a sides.
But now check that, I make more changes, than in last time. Is that better? (side lights will be added in giant editor, now only mesh preview)
Small mesh changes on a back side, and totally redone sides of lowdeck platform(where extender triangles is placed) to add tension belts.
(large image, you can zoom in)
And one more thing: Is there any place to locate revers light?
Generally speaking, NA trailers actually don't have reverse lights with very, very few exceptions.

With respect to how it looks, I'm really liking this. The change to 6 tail lights from 4 is a really cool touch that I think looks great. And with tension belt support, this may become the only flatbed trailer I'll need on my farm.

macenkodenis94

Post by macenkodenis94 »

Bryan83 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:11 pm Generally speaking, NA trailers actually don't have reverse lights with very, very few exceptions.
Got you.
Bryan83 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:11 pm With respect to how it looks, I'm really liking this. The change to 6 tail lights from 4 is a really cool touch that I think looks great. And with tension belt support, this may become the only flatbed trailer I'll need on my farm.

Yeap, i'm like it to)
just check that (maded just for try, you know)
(3 is my favorite (if not count classic round varian)

God damn, all that customization options will be hard to fit in stock scripts.
Sorry for my bad eng.
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

macenkodenis94 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:48 pm
Bryan83 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:11 pm Generally speaking, NA trailers actually don't have reverse lights with very, very few exceptions.
Got you.
Bryan83 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:11 pm With respect to how it looks, I'm really liking this. The change to 6 tail lights from 4 is a really cool touch that I think looks great. And with tension belt support, this may become the only flatbed trailer I'll need on my farm.

Yeap, i'm like it to)
just check that (maded just for try, you know)
(3 is my favorite (if not count classic round varian)
God damn, all that customization options will be hard to fit in stock scripts.
It is your mod, but I think the six is better than 8. Another thought i had was to set up the 4 inside ones as tail/brake lights, and then make the two outside ones yellow turn signals. Or put yellow turn signals between the pairs of tail lights, both setups I have seen on trailers here. In case you need a visual to what I'm talking about:

R=Tail/Brake Light. Y=Turn signal
YRR RRY
or
RYR RYR
That's looking at the back of the trailer, if that makes sense.

Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Haven't seen anything for a few days, just wondering if you had anymore questions I could answer.