No Man’s Land

bossmanslim

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by bossmanslim »

Ignoring the tree sign, which will get fixed. This is probably one of only a handful of actual FS19 maps that takes full advantage of the placable system and allowing the player to farm their way.

Major props to the map maker.
Pict

Post by Pict »

redglasses wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:45 pm Started a save on this new map today and I must say it is pretty nice. It almost gives me spin tires vibes, if only the roads were a bit more challenging to drive in this game.

I was wondering if anyone else has found the amount of trees in the over grown fields to be very little. I would love to see a couple more trees per field and maybe some larger trees as well.

So far the map is really nice.
I gave it a go last night and I really like it and the concept that goes with it.

As far as the trees are concerned, I'm happy to see that it's not overdone like so many maps. If I want more trees I can plant them or if I'm in a hurry I can place them. Either way I'm not left with a frame eating forest that I need to painstakingly chop down to create space for other activities I might want to have.

So for me at least nothing needs to change, he got it right 1st time as too much of anything, especially something that takes huge mounts of time to remove (like trees), defeats the concept, no? :hi:
Celusendon

Post by Celusendon »

Great idea, finally something which utilizes the landscaping and placeable system of FS19. A map without limits. :hi:

I'm curious is ALiEN JiM plans to extend his included placeables with Manure System support, as currently, that's the only thing I'm missing from this map. :search:
Leicesterlichtie

Post by Leicesterlichtie »

There has been an update to stop ability to remove all trees.

Fs15 on Ps3
Fs17 on Ps4
Fs19 on Ps4
Fs22 on Ps4
Enjoys growing sunflowers
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

I've been playing with this map and the Canadian goes which have really deep show at the start. It's fun, not so far removed from Spintires I think.
jwtsn05

Post by jwtsn05 »

I'm lost. So where are the signs to remove rocks/boulders?
PS4
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Across from there store, at least they were before the last update.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Pict

Post by Pict »

Celusendon wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:32 pm I'm curious is ALiEN JiM plans to extend his included placeables with Manure System support, as currently, that's the only thing I'm missing from this map. :search:
I don't think it would be possible to make give this map Manure System support as there are no animal pens, BGA's or slurry/digestate storages facilities on it. To add any of these would defeat the placeable theme.

However there are now quite a few placeable mods out there (and more to come no doubt) that will give the map Manure System support just by placing them, assuming of course that you have the mod loaded.

MeHector's cow stable for example is now manure mod compatible https://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?l ... tle=fs2019

I hope that if ALiEN JiM adds anything to this great and simple map, it would be the ability to use MaizePlus & MaizePlus CCM Extension by The-Alien-Paul (no extra terrestrial connection that I'm aware of ? :biggrin2: ) and Modelleicher https://farming-simulator.com/mods.php? ... 301&page=0 alongside the seasons mod.
Jonny3355

Post by Jonny3355 »

Both of them things would remove the map from consoles
Xbox one
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

jwtsn05 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:14 pm I'm lost. So where are the signs to remove rocks/boulders?
If your facing the double doors that open for the shop they are pretty much directly behind to the right near the trees.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

I made sure to download before that update so I can crash my game whenever I please...
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Pict

Post by Pict »

Jonny3355 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:39 pm Both of them things would remove the map from consoles
What things?

Sorry but as I'm on PC, consoles are an ALiEN environment for me :lol:
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

He meant the Maize CCM and Seasons you mentioned above
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Consoles have seasons. These manure mod and ccm I think he is talking about.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Pict

Post by Pict »

The map is already set up to use seasons if you want to.

Manure mod is optional if you use manure mod compatible placables as I mentioned already. No need to edit the map.

Maize plus, again optional, no need to edit the map.

Maize plus CCM add-on only requires to have a minor map modification to increase the heightTypes if you want to run it with seasons.

So from what I understand, none of the above affects consoles, unless it's the heightType increase? I would just like to see this minor modification so that I can run Maize plus CCM add-on along with seasons.

Having said that I'll ask the question again, to the only person who knows what he meant.
Jonny3355 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:39 pm Both of them things would remove the map from consoles
What things are you referring to?