Game exits when the page to select the mods I want to disable/enable is loading

GeordeBoyPlays

Game exits when the page to select the mods I want to disable/enable is loading

Post by GeordeBoyPlays »

This has started happening recently, and I have tried to make the the log.txt file error free. Here is the log.txt: https://pastebin.com/5e9VjfcJ
this_is_gav

Re: Game exits when the page to select the mods I want to disable/enable is loading

Post by this_is_gav »

2000+ mods. Two THOUSAND?! You've got to be kidding.

Seriously, trim the number of mods you use. Ideally trim and then separate them into folders for individual save games if absolutely necessary, as there's not a cat in hell's chance you're using all of them.

As well as the shocking sheer volume of mods and despite your efforts to remove warnings and errors, you've still got mods giving 120 warnings and 20 errors. Concentrate on removing the errors first, but even then, that's too many warnings and far, far too many mods.

There's absolutely no reason to have more than 200-400 mods for a game. You've got 5-10 times that.
LS09God

Re: Game exits when the page to select the mods I want to disable/enable is loading

Post by LS09God »

I'm experiencing errors if my game loads more then 400 mods at start up.
There are other fora talking about this. Some say the game even has a limit to how many mods are in the mods folder.
Numbers from 300 to 500 are being considered as save. More and the game will cause various problems, from CTD's without log entry to BSOD, resulting in a reboot.

For what I've read about random crashes, CTD and BSOD, if mods aren't the problem, it's often caused by an APPCRASH with the c0000005 error code.
This code relates to stacking problems, memory address errors, or in the worst case faulty Dram modules. That's also the reason LUA call stacks cause lagging or crashing, while the game floods the memory with requests the system can not answer to.

Now, when you have so many mods in your folder and the game reads all of them, I can imagine the game starts messing with memory allocations and such, resulting in an unstable environment. I still suspect Giants Engine causing a memory leak of some sorts, but that is another thing. Could by caused by crappy mods also, I don't know..
Also that many mods are bound to have problems between one and another, they are made by random people that do not check their mods with other mods. Problems are common then.

The game not even going to the mods selection screen is extreme. I did notice though, you have 8 Gig of ram, that's filled up quickly with that many mods. Even my 16Gig machine is screaming for a huge swap file on all drives.

Another thing is that you should only put the map you play on at the moment in the mods folder. Those zip files are big and you have a couple of them in there.
Lastly, remove or fix the mods with these warnings, "Error: Failed to open xml file" and "Error: Missing descVersion attribute" those can produce errors and or crashes. Is saw a few of them in your log entry. Personally, I think that those are messing up your game... :hi:

Edit: Yesterday I used a GC_balestorageHall from, don't remember. But that one systematically produced a memory address error. Removed it and all was ok again. Shows that how good a mod can look and smell on the outside, it can be rotten from within.... :chinese:
Specs:
ASUS ROG Strix X570-E mobo.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 processor.
Corsair 32Gb DDR4 internal mem.
Sandisk 1Tb SSD as boot and game drive.
Samsung 1Tb hdd for general storage.
Gigabyte RTX2070 super graphics card.
Razer Naga Chroma mouse.
Logitech G27, G13. Saiteck HOTAS pro.
Razer BlackWidow Keyboard.
Fiber connection.