FS19 PS4 Noob - Questions - Help Please :)

Illinois Farmer

Re: FS19 PS4 Noob - Questions - Help Please :)

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Also, American style tractors have the option to add the weight onto the tractor itself instead of needing a separate weight.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
REN56

Post by REN56 »

@ Mwal
@ FatCatJenkins
@ CowsGoMoo
@ Billy Mais
@ Illinois Farmer

Thanks each and everyone for the additional replies, very much appreciated. :)

Using the terrain editing idea sounds like a very good idea if/when wanting to do any dividing up of a land plot - I tried the other options (rollers etc.) but wasn’t overwhelmed at all with the process.

—-

NEXT QUESTION (lol) - or “Question of the Day”: After harvesting & cultivating a large plot of land (with what ‘sounded’ like it was a combination “seeder/fertizlizer” machine/tool that I purchased to do the job... I went back right away to fertilize it again using a fertilizer machine (to be sure it was fertilized, plus it said 50% fertilized, so I was assuming the optimal would be for it to say 100% fertilized) - no crop was growth showing at this point, logically. When fertilizing, I could see the animation of the fertilizer being sprayed onto the land, *but* it was totally impossible to tell where I’d been, so that was very frustrating to say the very least. I’m guessing that this is “just the way it is in FS19”. I was expecting/hoping to see some sort of change - even if just for a short time - to the land so I’d be able to see where I had and hadn’t been. (analogy - like cutting grass, one can tell what’s been cut and what hasn’t, be it FS or RL, or if it simply gave the land a different look or color coating, even if only temporary, so one could easily tell where they’d been and not, etc.). Am I missing something or, again, is this “just the way it is with FS19”? Side note - I don’t care about the $money$ aspect of it (the economy aspect) and/or trying to get max yield possible for max profit etc. - absolutely not a concern at this early noob stage where I’m just trying to learn and understand FS19 etc. Also, I’m doing these farm tasks myself, not hiring workers to do it (thus the issue about “I can’t tell where I’ve been and haven’t been” on the plot of land - relative to fertilizing at least. At this point, I plan to just skip the fertilizing step altogether (other than using a combination seeder/fertilizer machine took - assuming I was right about what I used being that, and let that be good enough for covering the fertilizing process). Just thought I’d ask about this to make sure I didn’t miss something. Again, many thanks in advance for any replies about this.
EDIT = ANSWERED (Thank you very much!)

NEXT QUESTION (“2 for Tuesday” or “Question of the Day #2”) = Using *any* device for picking up a pallet (omg, I’m so terribly awful at doing this!!!) is a total nightmare for me (like when I did the last part of Forestry part of the FS19 Tutorial and had to try to pick up logs and place them onto the back of a truck, what a total nightmare experience that was!) - I’m now avoiding *anything* that comes on a pallet. I’m thinking I’ll possibly feel the same way about dealing with bales, too (as in picking them up & placing them and/or stacking them onto anything for transport). I saw a red MAN truck vehicle mod that has “auto load” in the name/description - I’d *love* to think that it means that truck would somehow magically automatically load all of the bales onto the back of the truck and automate the placement/stacking process etc. (but also thinking “that sounds too good to be true”, lol, since my experience so far working with pallets was such a nightmare for me). Is there any easy way for handling things such as pallets and bales available for those of us (*me*, lol) that are simply absolutely terrible at using loader type equipment to pick up/move/place/stack/etc. those types of things available on the console version? Like “autoload” - does that really exist In FS19 (via a mod perhaps) to actually automate the process? Many thanks in advance for help on this one! (and please try not to laugh too hard, lol) :)

Happy Farming! :)
- Robert -
Last edited by REN56 on Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:57 am, edited 5 times in total.
Life is too short... smile & be happy!
PS5 & PS4 Pro > FS22 & FS19 & FS17
Xbox Series X > FS19
PC > FS19
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Yup, that’s autoload works, there might be a set of autoload forks for console as well. The fertilizer also will show a darker color when it’s actually being applied. I haven’t ever played 19 without seasons but I would assume you need to advance to another growth stage to fertilize it again like seasons. So if you fertilized while planting you will need to wait until the crop sprouts then you can fertilize again and you will see the change.
REN56

Post by REN56 »

Mwal - thanks very much for the quick reply. Good to hear about the fertilizer issue! :) Really fantastic news to hear about the “autoload”! :) (And my wife is also going to be thrilled as well over this feature in her FS19 game as well which will hopefully cure her of her “FS bale-phobia”) :)

Now, not that I’m trying to find & use any & every “shortcut” or ‘baby/easy’ way of doing everything In FS19 (lol) - *but* - are there any other similar types of helpful ‘must-have’ mods with similar features as “auto load” to recommend I search for - for helping noobs like me? (an unfair question, I know, being that I’m on the console and not PC as most are). I’m going to go through all of the zillions of mods found within FS19 on ModHub once once again (MANY THANKS again to all mod-makers & map-makers!) and see what I can find. :)

Thanks again and happy farming! :)
- Robert -
Last edited by REN56 on Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Xbox Series X > FS19
PC > FS19
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

REN56 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 3:46 am NEXT QUESTION (“2 for Tuesday” or “Question of the Day #2”) = Using *any* device for picking up a pallet (omg, I’m so terribly awful at doing this!!!) is a total nightmare for me (like when I did the last part of Forestry part of the FS19 Tutorial and had to try to pick up logs and place them onto the back of a truck, what a total nightmare experience that was!) - I’m now avoiding *anything* that comes on a pallet. I’m thinking I’ll possibly feel the same way about dealing with bales, too (as in picking them up & placing them and/or stacking them onto anything for transport). I saw a red MAN truck vehicle mod that has “auto load” in the name/description - I’d *love* to think that it means that truck would somehow magically automatically load all of the bales onto the back of the truck and automate the placement/stacking process etc. (but also thinking “that sounds too good to be true”, lol, since my experience so far working with pallets was such a nightmare for me). Is there any easy way for handling things such as pallets and bales available for those of us (*me*, lol) that are simply absolutely terrible at using loader type equipment to pick up/move/place/stack/etc. those types of things available on the console version? Like “autoload” - does that really exist In FS19 (via a mod perhaps) to actually automate the process? Many thanks in advance for help on this one! (and please try not to laugh too hard, lol) :)
For bale and pallet autoloading, the CSZ pack is a godsend for console players. The only issue I've found with the pallet autoload forks is, once you "unload" the pallet it can prove difficult to get it out from underneath of the pallet. But those bale forks, I don't do baling without them. Also there are a couple trailers that will autoload bales onto them under the baling technology section of the Modhub.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Mwal wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 4:04 am Yup, that’s autoload works, there might be a set of autoload forks for console as well. The fertilizer also will show a darker color when it’s actually being applied. I haven’t ever played 19 without seasons but I would assume you need to advance to another growth stage to fertilize it again like seasons. So if you fertilized while planting you will need to wait until the crop sprouts then you can fertilize again and you will see the change.
They changed it actually. In 17 if you could fertilize again right after seeding. If you used a seeder that was direct drill you could get it all done right away (fertilize; cultivate/fertilize/seed; fert again.

Its easier with 19 only having 2 fert states now. Just spread/spray before you cultivate or use a seeder that ferts and yur done.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
Guil

Post by Guil »

One thing not mentioned and a brilliant help when doing field work yourself. The minimap on the bottom. Left has 3 sets of number such as 1200,1400,180
The first two are x,y coordinates in metres and the last number is a compass indicator.

You want to start field on the short sides so you have the longest lengths on each pass so say a rectangular field, drive across the short end and see which coordinate is changing. Go back to the corner and for arguments sake say its 1500 and you have a 6 metre implement, after the first pass move across until, when straight, that number is 1506, next pass 1512 etc.

Use the compass to try stay at the same heading but it's next to impossible to go straight so do the best you can. For the most part the compass will be at 90, 180, 270 or 360/0 but not always.
REN56

Post by REN56 »

@ FarmCatJenkins - many thanks for the reply!

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 1:39 pm For bale and pallet autoloading, the CSZ pack is a godsend for console players.
Thanks very much for this CSZ mod pack recommendation for making working with pallets easier. :)

Anything “automated” to help get more comfortable learning FS19, especially since I’m not using any “AI hired helpers” when I play FS19 - I’m certainly very happy to hear about it! :)

From reading the mod info about this CSZ mod pack, however - *if* I understood it correctly - it’s *not* compatible if one has the GIANT Cotton DLC installed.

Since the game itself was free for May for PS4 Plus members, I went ahead and purchased each/every GIANT DLC content for FS19 to try to provide my small share of $ support back to GIANT, so I do indeed have that “Cotton” DLC installed. Again, if I read the info correctly (I’m old, so maybe I misread or misunderstood it, lol) - I can’t take advantage of the benefits offered from the CSZ mod pack unfortunately. *sigh*

But again, many thanks for recommending it, and IF I’m mistaken about it being able to work with GIANT’s “Cotton” DLC on the PS4, that would surely be great news to hear!

* EDIT = From what I can tell, the updated version of the CSZ Pallet Mod Pack and the GIANT J.D. Cotton DLC do *not* conflict with one another when both are installed - as the CSZ mod pack items now specify which to use or not use depending on if one has or doesn’t have the GIANT J.D. Cotton DLC installed. Just mentioning this in case this may be of any help to other console users that may have this particular DLC installed or avoiding it for fear of not being able to also use the excellent CSZ pallet mod pack.

Happy farming! :)
- Robert -
Last edited by REN56 on Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:07 am, edited 4 times in total.
Xbox Series X > FS19
PC > FS19
REN56

Post by REN56 »

@ CowsGoMoo - many thanks for your reply! I appreciate it. Good to hear on only needing 2 fertilizer passes! :)
@ Guil - many thanks for your reply! I appreciated it! Good tip! :)

The FS/FS19 Community really is awesome! :)

- Robert -
Xbox Series X > FS19
PC > FS19
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

REN56 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 12:58 pm From reading the mod info about this CSZ mod pack, however - *if* I understood it correctly - it’s *not* compatible if one has the GIANT Cotton DLC installed.
It only doesn't work if you are using the Cotton DLC in your current save game. If it's deselected in your mod selection screen then it should work fine.

And you're welcome! Most of us here are pretty happy to help out new farmers!

EDIT: I'm only speculating because I don't own the Cotton DLC, but that's what I take away from that description.

REN56

Post by REN56 »

It’s time for another one of my “Noobie Question(s) of the Day” post here... LOL (some of my questions are probably so bad - but at least it hopefully gives you good people a good laugh :)).
Many thanks in advance to all that may be looking in on this from time-to-time... and many thanks in advance for any/all replies! :)

(1) Question = “Contracts/Missions“ - specifically the *Harvesting* ones -> Once you’ve completed the requirements to successfully complete a Harvesting Contract/Mission - there is still all of the ‘straw stuff’’ left scattered around on the field after harvesting - has anyone tried (successfully) to collect all of that and make them into bales and transport the bales “home”?

(2) Question = “Sleep” - This exists in FS19 for what reason/purpose? Does the FS19 farmer actually get so tired from working so hard for X amount of time that the game requires that he/she “sleeps” (perhaps somewhat like repairing done to a vehicle/machine in FS19 to restore it to 100% does)?

(2) In Search Of (this relates to mods) =
- (A) a placeable USA Flag + Flagpole combination (one is found in a large decorations type mod pack made by “Vanquish”) - but trying to save up the precious limited system storage space that FS19 allows us for maps & mods (as well as minimal “slots” too) - so who do I try to bribe to try to get one? ;)
- (B) a placeable “communications tower” (one is found in an existing mod - but it has 2 separate solar panel sections plus a small building that are all connected to the tower, taking up a larger ‘footprint’ area of land space when placed) - again, simply looking to save “slots” since we console users are limited, and in this case, not really wanting the solar panel sections or even the small building, just the communications tower itself alone would be perfect! Who do I try to bribe to get one? ;)

Many thanks in advance!
Happy farming everyone! :)
- Robert -
Last edited by REN56 on Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Xbox Series X > FS19
PC > FS19
Guil

Post by Guil »

Yes you can bale or collect the straw on the field with a loading wagon, you also can keep the "extra" crop. Watch as you are dumping the harvested crop into the sell point and when contract finished appears, you can stop tipping. After that, whatever you do with it is your choice.

Sleep is only there to skip the night quickly. You can work through it if you wish.
REN56

Post by REN56 »

@ FarmCatJenkins - many thanks for your reply!

And you're welcome! Most of us here are pretty happy to help out new farmers!
From everything I’ve seen - without any doubt at all - you all - the entire FS Community - FS19 farmers, modders, mapmakers, everyone - you all truly are awesome!!! :)

Thanks also for taking the extra time/trouble to check that CSZ mod’s description/info again, btw.

- Robert -
Last edited by REN56 on Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xbox Series X > FS19
PC > FS19
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

REN56 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 3:26 pm - (A) a placeable USA Flag + Flagpole combination (one is found in a large decorations type mod pack made by “Vanquish”) - but trying to save up the precious limited system storage space that FS19 allows us for maps & mods (as well as minimal “slots” too) - so who do I try to bribe to try to get one? ;)
There is a flag pack under the Object category made by Farmerboys Modding

Guil wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 3:35 pm Yes you can bale or collect the straw on the field with a loading wagon
You can collect that straw? I've never tried because I figured since you don't own the field it wouldn't let you. Hmmm learn something new everyday!

REN56

Post by REN56 »

@ Guil - many thanks for your quick reply - and covering both questions for me - I really do appreciate it! :)

Guil wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 3:35 pm Yes you can bale or collect the straw on the field with a loading wagon, you also can keep the "extra" crop. Watch as you are dumping the harvested crop into the sell point and when contract finished appears, you can stop tipping. After that, whatever you do with it is your choice.

Sleep is only there to skip the night quickly. You can work through it if you wish.
I was thinking all along that was *probably* what the “sleep” was about - like doing a simple “fast forward” with the time to skip through the night & darkness into the morning. I haven’t been able to try it - every time I tried “Sleep” it must’ve been daytime because it said “You’re not tired.”

Great to know about the “bonus” (as I’ll call it) that we’re allowed after completing a harvesting mission/contract - that we can keep the extra goodies ourselves if we wish! :)

Happy farming!
- Robert -
Xbox Series X > FS19
PC > FS19