FS19 PS4 Noob - Questions - Help Please :)

REN56

Re: FS19 PS4 Noob - Questions - Help Please :)

Post by REN56 »

Mwal, a belated thank you for your reply.
Life is too short... smile & be happy!
PS5 & PS4 Pro > FS22 & FS19 & FS17
Xbox Series X > FS19
PC > FS19
REN56

Post by REN56 »

It’s been awhile... time for some more of my clueless newbie questions to ask.... (FS19 on PS4 Pro)

First - best wishes to all of the fathers out there in the FS Community for a Happy Father’s Day.

(1) WEEDS & HERBICIDE —- I’m taking one of the “newbie training wheels” of FS19 off (lol) and now playing with “weeds” turned on. I sprayed the fields with Herbicide prior to planting/sowing thinking that would be a good ‘preventative’ thing to do, but still had weeds show up right away at 100% before any crop growth was showing. I immediately bought and used a “Weeder” equipment device to clear all weeds (0% when finished). For FS19 purposes - what is the correct - or best - sequence of if/when to use Herbicide? (Or maybe there is no sequence, like there is with using Fertilization.) It’s not intended to replace the need & usage of a “Weeder”, right? OR, instead of using a “Weeder” as I did, could I have instead sprayed the fields (again) with Herbicide and achieved the same results (eliminating all of the weeds)? OR after the 1st stage of crop growth, when a “Weeder” isn’t supposed to be used at all after that first growth stage (if I understand correctly), is that the point where from then on until the Harvest stage that Herbicide is supposed to be used if/when necessary to remove weeds? Many thanks in advance for any/all help on this.
* EDIT = ANSWERED (Thank you very much!)

(2) MARKERS —- This has mystified me many times. It’s something that I’ve seen on various FS19 equipment, like planters/seeders most often (if not mistaken)... the “machine” (“implement”??? - I’m still learning the proper terms etc.) has the option to use what I’ll call a “side marker” type of thing that extends out to the left side or right side when being used. For FS19 purposes - what exactly are these “markers” used for? Many thanks in advance for clearing this mystery up for me.
* EDIT = ANSWERED (Thank you very much!)

(3) FS17 on PS4 —- With all of the ongoing talk I’ve seen here on the forum about how what seems like the majority of the folks here seem to feel about FS17 and FS19 - the good things compared to the bad things with each - the differences between them - with so many liking so much about the way FS17 looked and ‘felt’ & seemed more “immersive” etc. by far as compared to FS19 (console & PC both)... with me being a PS4 console user - would it be worth the $ to buy/install FS17 to see what all I missed out on from FS17 (even if just for a fun comparison)? OR, would I more likely regret it due to probably not having many of the same mods available for FS17 that I’ve grown fond of as a ‘noob’ with FS19 and would hate to lose. Anyone care to jump in on this please with their thoughts? Btw, it’s not a $ issue at all for me, I’m simply somewhat tempted and curious about FS17 after reading so many comments from so many about how great FS17 was & still is, even on the PS4 console platform, compared to FS19, which is the only FS version I’ve ever seen & experienced.

As always, many thanks in advance for any/all replies, I appreciate it very much!
Happy farming everyone! :)
- Robert -
Last edited by REN56 on Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Xbox Series X > FS19
PC > FS19
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Your not gonna want to go backwards on console, that’s my opinion, the lack of content and new mods leaves the console version of 17 in the dust and outside of a few folks who question the graphics it’s my opinion that 19 is better than 17 on pc as well. I can also see someone will telling you 13 is better than 19 but they’re probably just bitter. Row markers are something that would make a line in the ground for you to center up on for your next row. It will help you keep the row spacing between passes consistent with the row spacing of the planter so your not wandering all over the field. Especially helpful when planting corn. As for herbicide I believe the way seasons is set up Is that when you plant weeds will start again. So spray after that. I usually do it first or second growth stage whenever weeds first show up.
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

I may have missed a few things from not back reading the post but even if 19 was a solid polished game I would still recommend 17. It keeps my interest in farm sim as my interest in 19 (specifically) yet again wanes.

Just can't find a map that I like (yes in over 18 months still).
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
REN56

Post by REN56 »

@ Mwal
@ CowsGoMoo

Thank you both very much for your quick replies.

Mwal - I appreciate the info you provided - as well as the thoughts you expressed about FS17/FS19.

CowsGoMoo - I appreciate you sharing your thoughts about FS17/FS19.

I’m not looking for a FS17/FS19 “war” (talking in general) here btw by asking what I posted up above asking for opinions about whether FS17 on the PS4 would be worth a look-see... just looking for PS4 console opinions (everyone has one & is entitled to have one - relative to opinions)... based on what I’ve read on this forum in various places, most recently the “FS17 Revisited” message thread. There’s no absolute right/wrong answer to this no doubt. I’m just trying to get a better feel of whether its’s worth spending $20-$30 just for the sake of my own curiosity about FS17 to see if the sounds & some of the graphics (skies & borders) & mainly the overall immersive feeling people talk about with FS17 hits me that same way or not. I have no intention at all of tossing away FS19, I think it’s great. I’m sort of spinning wheels with FS19 at the moment - still waiting around patiently for more maps (still looking for a map that I feel really “at home” with) - especially waiting for the Stony Valley map like so many others, since it’s been hyped up so much - so I thought maybe now would be a good opportunity time-wise to take a look at FS17 to see for myself what others are saying about it, and whether it hits me the same way or not - again, just curiosity on my part really. Typically, even though new versions in a series aren’t always as great as hoped/expected/hyped etc. - I‘ve typically not been one to stay with the old or to go backwards to a previous older version. And as the Farming Simulator series goes, again, all I’ve seen is FS19, and that was only because it was free, all I wanted to do was cut grass (I *loved* cutting grass, mowing the lawn since I was a young kid, but can’t do it anymore due to severe allergies)... and FS19 totally surprised me - in a great way - on how much I’ve *really* enjoyed FS19 overall that I *never* expected.

Meanwhile, I’m still not totally clear about the Herbicide/Weeder question(s) that I tossed out in my earlier post above.

Happy farming everyone! :)
- Robert -
Xbox Series X > FS19
PC > FS19
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

For your weeder/ herbicide, you can't use a weeder when the weeds are in their second growth state. You can spray herbicide right after you plant like in real life, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
On your fs17, fs19 thing, if you had a pc I would say it would be worth visiting 17, on console, no way. For me, I couldn't stand the game. There are way more mods available for fs19 vs fs17 as well.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

When you put your crop in the weeds reset so if you spray before planting you aren’t gonna kill weeds. You need to do it during one of the growth stages after the planting one. Also the biggest thing about that 17 thread you aren’t probably realizing is a lot of the nostalgic people are pc players. Console was a pretty good upgrade from 17 to 19, on pc it wasn’t really to big of a jump. That said I have a lot of mods I wished would have been out for 17 that are on 19 so I probably would switch back ever anyway.
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

For effective weed prevention.
Run seeder without fertilizer then spray immediately after sowing, works 100% every time.
Note that sometimes new weeds can pop up quite fast, these young weeds are not removed with spray and will need to be weeded so best to spray ASAP after seeding. (As soon as I have sowed enough to make a pass with sprayer I spray a strip).
Edit: forgot to mention, cannot hire a worker to do the spraying
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
Macce

Post by Macce »

Was reading through the topic with my mobile so hopefully haven't missed if this has been said..

When it comes to pallet work, if possible, I'd definitely recommend using CSZ big bag fork. Just hover it over any pallet or bale and with certain button combo it'll swing straps around said object. There's a small trick to grab two pallets at the same time, even with a smaller tractor as long as you've got enough weight at the back

Have actually lifted 4pcs empty egg cages with a big tractor relatively easy, not sure if the weight gets heavier once egg boxes are inside. I think you can also lift two pallets which are on top of each other
Macce

Post by Macce »

I've come across slight issue in couple of different maps and sheds - I can't drop enough straw for cows or pigs, level keeps staying on yellow and obviously animals aren't fully happy..

Any solution/help for this..?
Illinois Farmer

Do you have the straw harvest?
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Macce

Post by Macce »

Yeah, I do, is that the issue..? I'm using Seasons as well
Illinois Farmer

Yes kind of. Half will be the normal straw and there other half try putting the straw pellets in it.
REN56

Post by REN56 »

@ Illinois Farmer —- Many thanks for your helpful reply, I appreciate it!

Illinois Farmer wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:21 am For your weeder/ herbicide, you can't use a weeder when the weeds are in their second growth state. You can spray herbicide right after you plant like in real life, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
This was very helpful, thank you very much!

On your fs17, fs19 thing, if you had a pc I would say it would be worth visiting 17, on console, no way. For me, I couldn't stand the game. There are way more mods available for fs19 vs fs17 as well.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the FS17/FS19 on PS4, I appreciate it.

Happy farming!
- Robert -
Last edited by REN56 on Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xbox Series X > FS19
PC > FS19
REN56

Post by REN56 »

@ Mwal —- Many thanks for your helpful reply, I appreciate it very much!

Mwal wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:35 am When you put your crop in the weeds reset so if you spray before planting you aren’t gonna kill weeds. You need to do it during one of the growth stages after the planting one. Also the biggest thing about that 17 thread you aren’t probably realizing is a lot of the nostalgic people are pc players. Console was a pretty good upgrade from 17 to 19, on pc it wasn’t really to big of a jump. That said I have a lot of mods I wished would have been out for 17 that are on 19 so I probably would switch back ever anyway.
Mwal, thank you very much for this - this clarified things a great deal for me on my confusion relative to the use of Herbicide (when to use it etc.) - again, I appreciate it very much!

I understand what you mean about the FS17/FS19 stuff. Thanks for adding more thoughts on this.

Happy farming!
- Robert -
Last edited by REN56 on Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xbox Series X > FS19
PC > FS19