FS19 PS4 Noob - Questions - Help Please :)

REN56

Re: FS19 PS4 Noob - Questions - Help Please :)

Post by REN56 »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:13 pm Auger wagons or grain carts, cart the crop from the harvester to a wagon or trailer at the edge of the field. Last fall, if we would have tried pulling a wagon through the field to get filled by the combine, then we would have gotten stuck.
This helped, thanks very much for the quick and helpful reply and info!
So, strictly going with how things go in FS19 (not thinking “real world” at all here) - a trailer is the better choice than an auger wagon - especially when larger capacity amounts are nice to have, when transporting the crop from the field, if I’m following correctly. So the Auger wagon gets left behind perhaps or it gets used for something else when massively large capacity as found in the large trailers isn’t the key factor. Or, lol, maybe I’m still missing the point and purpose of the auger wagon as part of the overall “tool chest” of all of the available equipment (like I’m still unclear about the usage of a Forest Harvester - the best I can interpret about them, they’re a lot like a vacuum cleaner).

Any tractor with a 3 pt hitch on the back should be able to connect to weights that have 3 pt connections, which I think is most of the weights.
This helped a lot - at least relative to adding weight to the rear of tractors - thanks very much!
(I’m still not clear about dealing with rear weighting for Wheel Loaders & Front Loaders, *unless* they have 3-point connections, or a 3-pt adapter can be added back at the rear and then add weights as with tractors.)
Life is too short... smile & be happy!
PS5 & PS4 Pro > FS22 & FS19 & FS17
Xbox Series X > FS19
PC > FS19
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

In game sense, auger wagons aren't that important unless you want to run with semi trailers. Irl auger wagons are a better solution than a trailer. I run 1 or 2 combines in a field, I unload each combine into the auger wagon, then take that wagon to unload into a semi trailer or grain carts and take that to the elevator or grain storage.
The wheel loaders send telehsndlers I think have a ball hitch so their rear weights are different than a tractor one with a 3 pt collection.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
solarjosh

Post by solarjosh »

there is no way for me to make a new post but to reply here but im running FS 19 on a PC
i have a problem where i higher a worker to fertilize my field and he starts all good but stops and turns around half way through the field and thinks he is finished or just does a big z in the field leaving lots left to fertilize, the worker can never finish a field completely. and this only happens with fertilizer workers!
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

Illanois Farmer is right, To make proper use of an Auger wagon you need to be farming a large field with several combines going at once, you can use the courseplay mod for running the trailers to and from the sell points, and use workers for the harvesters leaving you to concentrate on running the auger wagon.

As for the problem with higher workers, you could use couresplay, or a mod called AI Vehicle Extension by Mogly, or just make a few laps around the headlands first. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkZIVtsuAWY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP0WE0zYzkU
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

solarjosh wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:49 am there is no way for me to make a new post but to reply here but im running FS 19 on a PC
i have a problem where i higher a worker to fertilize my field and he starts all good but stops and turns around half way through the field and thinks he is finished or just does a big z in the field leaving lots left to fertilize, the worker can never finish a field completely. and this only happens with fertilizer workers!
Hey welcome to the forums! AI gets goofy with fertilizer for me also. I always run a headland first so they aren't trying to detect the edge of the field, just the edge of where I've already fertilized. Or use Courseplay.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins