Sandy bay 19

Antodao

Sandy bay 19

Post by Antodao »

The first time i installed Sandy bay i could play just fine but when i reinstalled it i cant even start a new game on Sandy bay.
Plz help i want to play on Sandy bay

Edit Alagos: moved to FS19 section
eric21

Re: Sandy bay 19

Post by eric21 »

Mod conflict?
JTerk438

Post by JTerk438 »

Check the log file for that savegame. That will tell you what errors, if any that is preventing the map from loading.

And, post the log file for us to help you better. Without the log file, it will be difficult for anyone to help pinpoint the problem you are having.
Sinclaircool

Post by Sinclaircool »

Antodao wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:00 am The first time i installed Sandy bay i could play just fine but when i reinstalled it i cant even start a new game on Sandy bay.
Plz help i want to play on Sandy bay

Edit Alagos: moved to FS19 section
Uninstall it then reinstall that might help
Don't leak mods
Farm-war

Post by Farm-war »

I have the same problem since the update I have not been able to play it, with the same mods well now it only included the mods of corn plus extended and straw extension but it does not load the map it remains on the loading screen
*thumbsup* *thumbsup* Hello, I am currently playing on a MSI gtx 1660 ti pc, AMD ryzen 5 3600, 16 gb ram 500 GB SSD :gamer: :gamer: :gamer:
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

It might not work if you're trying to load an older save.
It's mentioned on the mod description that the new version requires a new game.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Given the amount which has changed I'd say a fresh savegame is an essential.
humbe

Post by humbe »

I tried to start this up, but as with other maps with prebuilt farms, I've got tons of questions. Most maps I've ended up playing I've started with nothing and built my farm with placeables, adding on a bit more complexity as I go, and probably have missed out on many features of what I could have been doing in game, but at least my farm was never filled with buildings I did not use or did not know why was there or what I should use it for.

Is it intuitive for everyone else how these maps are working? Or are you using hours to test the map out to try and figure stuff out? I've got questions like:
  • What buildings have functions and what buildings are purely decorative?
  • The ones with functions, what functions are those, and where is the points I can interract with them? (There's an option in game to remove the markers around trigger areas, so I dunno why people create buildings without the trigger areas by default, making you have to search blind for them.)
  • What can I and can't I use alfalfa and rye for? Are they variations of some pre-existing crop or do they add something new apart from a new category?
  • Where do I store lose hay/straw? I guess nowhere, so I should bale and manually stack bales? Or just dump it anywhere inside and use belt systems if I want to? Is any of these buildings automatically stacking bales if I drop them somewhere? Or are most players stacking their bales manually? Or making TMR and store the TMR product so they don't need to store the bales? If so where do they store that?
  • Do I need to feed these animals grass, or do they feed themselves as they're on a big grass field? Maybe just in summer? Would it help to plow the meadow so I can fertilize and make higher grass yield where they are grazing? Are these pens something existing in a mod somewhere with any documentation?
  • What about these secondary farm locations? Are those alternative farms for you to play instead of the default? Are you supposed to add those to your farm and keep transporting food from your main farm to remote husbandries around the map?
  • Are there other sources of income I'm supposed to be using apart from selling crops or animal products?

I tried to watch a youtube video by Daggerwin, but I don't feel much wiser after the first 40 minute episode. And in general, a lot of youtube videos of a map just shows someone driving or flying around, showing bits that I can perfectly well fly around and see myself.

It would be nice if there was textual tutorials or helper info to inform a bit about what intentions behind structures is.. For us novices that aren't real farmers :)
REN56

Post by REN56 »

Well said, humbe! (It’s as if you have read my mind) I’ve had most, if not all, and many more, of these very same thoughts/questions going through my mind during my short time as a still-learning ‘noob’ to the FS series with FS19 over the past month. I often think “ask on the forum” (after searching around and not seeing anything that seems to provide the answers) - but yet I also hate to ask a million zillion “noob” questions at the same time, so more often than not, I just don’t ask and remain clueless about so much I run across in FS19 (extra much so because of having no real life farming experience). But nevertheless, for me, overall, in spite of not knowing so much and having a millions questions, it’s still been a fun month with FS19 on the PS4 for me, I have learned a lot in a short time (granted, not true real world farming reality)... but I still have these (and so many more) questions about FS19, which makes me feel like I’m really missing out on so much, even much more so by ‘playing’ FS19 on a console instead of a PC, and thus forcing myself to simply be content with being clueless about so much - most of it being stuff that would theoretically be info provided by GIANT, and provided by the map makers & mod makers - to provide some info (better descriptions etc.) rather than appear to assume that everyone automatically magically already knows without any info needed but isn’t, but then again, I realize the days of manuals, books, etc. for games/sims ceased to exist many moons ago, and people seem to get annoyed if anyone types out more than a short paragraph at most. But again, as I’ve said many times, I certainly do appreciate what the map makers and mod makers do provide us with, and appreciate the friendly/helpful FS19 community that we have here.

Happy farming everyone! :)
- Robert -
Life is too short... smile & be happy!
PS5 & PS4 Pro > FS22 & FS19 & FS17
Xbox Series X > FS19
PC > FS19
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

humbe wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:33 pm I tried to start this up, but as with other maps with prebuilt farms, I've got tons of questions. Most maps I've ended up playing I've started with nothing and built my farm with placeables, adding on a bit more complexity as I go, and probably have missed out on many features of what I could have been doing in game, but at least my farm was never filled with buildings I did not use or did not know why was there or what I should use it for.

Is it intuitive for everyone else how these maps are working? Or are you using hours to test the map out to try and figure stuff out?
Firstly it depends on your interest in Farming itself.
What made you want to play Farm Sim in the first place?

A map like Sandy Bay or other more realistic maps is catered towards players who want the feel and look of a real farm that reflects what they are familiar with in there locality.

On a real farm in the UK they often have perhaps older buildings that no longer serve a main purpose but might store smaller items that the game doesn't include.

As far as Farm Sim gameplay goes they serve no purpose, but for the player who wants the map to feel and look realistic that matters.

For instance a bush or tree serves little or no purpose as far as the game goes, but is a map devoid of any scenery fun or interesting to play?
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
dimi

Post by dimi »

Ill try to answer some of the questions. i have played quite some hours already in the updated version of sandy bay. I can only speak about playing with seasons, since i haven't played this map (or any map actually in fs19) without it.

humbe wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:33 pm Is it intuitive for everyone else how these maps are working? Or are you using hours to test the map out to try and figure stuff out? I've got questions like:
for me its quite intuitive, but that may be because of the thousands of hours i played in the FS series. If i search for a new map to play on i usually just start with setting it up how i like it and within a few hours i usually know if it is a map i want to continue playing or move on to the next one. i almost always use maps with prebuilt farms, just because i can never make a farm as beautiful of immersive with the in-game editor as a skilled map maker with giants editor. The only time i have ever made my own farm is on No mans land
  • What buildings have functions and what buildings are purely decorative?
    most building are just decorative. (many of) the building with functions you can recognize from the symbol on the map. For example the lime station of fuel fill point
    [
    *]The ones with functions, what functions are those, and where is the points I can interract with them? (There's an option in game to remove the markers around trigger areas, so I dunno why people create buildings without the trigger areas by default, making you have to search blind for them.)
    i don't think there are many buildings with functions except for things like fill points that i mentioned (r key to use them).
  • What can I and can't I use alfalfa and rye for? Are they variations of some pre-existing crop or do they add something new apart from a new category?
    rye is just a normal crop like wheat and barley, you also get straw from it. Alfalfa can be used for animal feed if you use the MaizePlus mod with Forage extension (latest version of Sandy Bay required). again i can only talk about playing with these mods since i haven't played without it. With the MaizePlus mod/Forage extension you can make alfalfa hay, and fermented alfalfa. the hay and fermented alfalfa can be used for animal feed
  • Where do I store lose hay/straw? I guess nowhere, so I should bale and manually stack bales? Or just dump it anywhere inside and use belt systems if I want to? Is any of these buildings automatically stacking bales if I drop them somewhere? Or are most players stacking their bales manually? Or making TMR and store the TMR product so they don't need to store the bales? If so where do they store that?
    with seasons lose hay/straw will rot so you cant store it. without i guess you can dump it anywhere, but again i have no experience with that. There is no auto stack bale building on the map. i just use a front loader to stack them in sheds.
    Do I need to feed these animals grass, or do they feed themselves as they're on a big grass field? Maybe just in summer? Would it help to plow the meadow so I can fertilize and make higher grass yield where they are grazing? Are these pens something existing in a mod somewhere with any documentation?
    with seasons cows/sheep graze, but with just grass the productivity will be low, but it definitely can be done. I have used it in the past to allow them to graze from end of spring to autumn, and then feed them in the winter
    *]What about these secondary farm locations? Are those alternative farms for you to play instead of the default? Are you supposed to add those to your farm and keep transporting food from your main farm to remote husbandries around the map?
    This is all up to your imagination i guess. On sandy bay i don't use the main farm or the other big farm at the moment. I own two small farms, one in the southwest and one in the northeast (Foxburry and Merrywood i believe). i might but another farm later if i have the money and need more space. At the moment i only have animals on one location so most of of the ingredients to feed them (and that is quite a lot with the MaizePlus/Forage extension mods) are stored at the farm where my animals are. Although i keep part of my stored bales on my other farm to reduce lag
  • Are there other sources of income I'm supposed to be using apart from selling crops or animal products?
    there aren't any map specific ways to earn money on this map (except from the custom crops). so just the standard things like crops, animals and forestry
I hope that answers some of the questions. if something is not clear or you have any other questions feel free to ask.

in general i really like this map with the latest update. And for people that like a more realistic play style i highly recommend the MaizePlus with Forage extension mods as well as the manure system mod. Although for people that are new to FS it might be a bit difficult.
humbe

Post by humbe »

Thanks a lot for the detailed response.

I dunno why I play. I started of thinking my 3 year old son would have fun seeing the tractors and harvesters and such and learn a bit about farming, but I've been playing many hours without him involved, and now I've even ordered me the sidebar and some joysticks to go with my old Logitech Momo racing wheel ;D I won't say I'm hooked, but it's been fun so far.

I've got no real farm to compare to or play as, and I like my games to have a goal, so I've tried to make myself economic goals, but this is not a game for min/maxing and optimizing. I started of contracting as it was the obvious way to get money without having much assets, and went on to No Mans Land where there were no contracts, and found that logging was way too lucrative if optimizing for in game time. Thought I'd test out a more well developed map where I wasn't going to do any logging and little or no contracting, and these maps typically come with ready made farms. The big plus is of course as you say that you can make things much better with the editor than with the in game landscaping. The downside is that you cannot change anything later as you cannot remove objects with landscaping, and you often start with a large farm instead of a small beginning you'll be building on later.

I'm from Norway, so any map is obviously foreign as soon as I see a sign. I've looked at maps that give a fairly familiar feeling and have been rated well. Have been taking a look at Sandy Bay, Kvisslingby and Geiselberg lately.

I'm playing with seasons. This game needs immersion and without a year with seasons in it the game seems strange to me. Also using Vehicle Control Addon. And thought I'd enable added realism for vehicles to see if that improved anything. Haven't tested out bits like manure system or maize plus with or without forage extgension yet. Sounds interesting, but it's more to test out to figure out how it works. I'll enable them and see if I figure anything out.

I'm fine with the farm having sheds and buildings without in game purpose. I just want to know that they are such and don't spend an hour looking for a possible trigger somewhere ;) And it would be nice to know the intent of some of it. Not that this specific building used to house this equipment, but more like, there's multiple silage bunkers because they are used to store the silage after it is fertilized (opposed to being transferred somewhere to be stored) for instance.

Think I'll just start a Sandy Bay test game and play a bit to see if I figure out how to use husbandries and such. If I complete I'll do a write-up back here...
dimi

Post by dimi »

humbe wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:57 pm I've got no real farm to compare to or play as, and I like my games to have a goal, so I've tried to make myself economic goals, but this is not a game for min/maxing and optimizing. I started of contracting as it was the obvious way to get money without having much assets, and went on to No Mans Land where there were no contracts, and found that logging was way too lucrative if optimizing for in game time. Thought I'd test out a more well developed map where I wasn't going to do any logging and little or no contracting, and these maps typically come with ready made farms. The big plus is of course as you say that you can make things much better with the editor than with the in game landscaping. The downside is that you cannot change anything later as you cannot remove objects with landscaping, and you often start with a large farm instead of a small beginning you'll be building on later.
No problem! i agree about how lucrative logging and contracting is. I'm not a huge fan of logging, but i do like the occasional contract in a period when it is not to busy. To prevent me getting to much money i often make a rule for myself that i only get 50 percent of the money from a contract. So after i completed the contract i remove 50% of the profit of a contract using the easy development mod. i also remove all the money i get from extra crops/bales of a contract.

One of the many things i like about this map is that there are all those different farms in different sizes so you can start small and expand or move to another farm later on.
humbe

Post by humbe »

dimi wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:43 pm ...
One of the many things i like about this map is that there are all those different farms in different sizes so you can start small and expand or move to another farm later on.
Yeah.. Both Sandy Bay Barn and Willow Farm Barn looks pretty functional at least.

Found the small Foxbury Farm, which for some reason is on free land with a lot of meadows next to it, but I failed to get the water trigger there to work, and there seems to be a non working silo and fuel tank there too. It's got a farmhouse, sheds and a silage bunker though.

There seems to be a bit of water next to some of the roads, but haven't managed to use any of those as a water source. I guess they're just for show and I should use a placeable water source or drive it from one of the bigger farms?

The cattle pasture looks like a small farm too, though there doesn't seem to be an obvious farm house on it. It has a working water source and a barn though.

I find it strange that I can buy the entire city for zero pounds.. Any reasoning behind this? So one can use the BGA without paying for the land it's on first? Seems I can start using the horse pen too, without even having to buy the free land first.
dimi

Post by dimi »

the extra silage bunker is one of the reasons chose to buy foxburry farm in addition to my cow/calve farm. with the maizeplus/forage extension mod it is useful to have extra silage bunkers. I also use that farm to store all my grass work related equipment since the storage space is limited on the other farm plus i store some extra bales there. i am not sure, but i think the non working triggers might be a result of the conversions of the map from fs15 to 17 and now 19. The fact that it is on free land seems a bit weird for me too, that is why i decided to pay to buy for it anyway. i'm not completely sure, but i think i payed 200k for foxburry farm and a part of the meadow. i used easy dev mod to reduce my money with that amount. Same thing can be done with other things like the bga of course.

some of the water next to roads don't work to full up tankers, but others do. for example the ones next to the store.

Yes the cattle pasture looks very nice as well. i might try to buy it at some point. If the lack of a farmhouse is a problem you can always place the doormat mod in front of another house for a sleep trigger.

Not sure what the reason behind all the free land is. but like i said, if it doesn't seem right to you then you can also kind of roleplay that you still have to buy it and make up a price yourself.