Loki_79 bug report thread

loki_79

Re: Loki_79 bug report thread

Post by loki_79 »

orkim wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:21 am Hi loki! Great mods!

I'm trying to use 'Realistic Cab View' 1.1.3.0 in conjunction with the 'Vehicle Control Addon' from mogli. I know this isn't your mod, but wondering if you might be able to provide some ideas on where to look.

It "mostly works" great. I just moved the 'shift' keybind in 'Realistic Cab View' to another key and all is well. I love the ability to lean, and also the 180 degree limit.

If you load both mods, when I use the 'Vehicle Control Addon' mod to 'glace' around the view messes up. For instance, right-shift + up-arrow key will swap the view from front/rear. Sometimes the other peek keys (right-shift + other arrow keys) will do the same and I return to a weird offset like I'm sitting in the passenger seat. Again, I know its not your mod but I would love to get these two working smoothly together.

Mogli's repo can be found at https://github.com/Mogli12/VehicleControlAddon

Happy to meet up on discord or something as well.

Thanks!

-orkim
I have a good idea of the problem, and if I have some examples that fail, then I may be able to create a better global fix so that cab view will work with any mods that have extra or non-standard cameras.

The easy fix is to disable cab view when other conflicting mods are detected, but I will look at how it can be fixed properly after work today. I guess from time you are in US (I'm UK), but pm me your discord and we can discuss further.
CN_MenYu

Post by CN_MenYu »

Hai Loki!
First of all, love ur mods <3

I was spreading some manure with ManureSystem mod at The Valley The Old Farm 2 days ago, everything was working fine, but yesterday after updating your LumberJack mod i couldn't attach or disattach using Left/Right Clic,went to controls, modified the keys of manure system, it works but doesnt show up on the help interface, so its a bit annoying because i need to keep pressing the buttong until it hit the trigger, after that i went to check mods 1 by 1, spend almost one hour trying to find out what was going on x) then i found out that if i deactivate your LumberJack mod i can use the left/right clic again to attach and disattach, so probably there are some conflict between this two mods?

Hope you can help me :P

-Thanks
erwinsiuda

Post by erwinsiuda »

loki_79 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:01 am
erwinsiuda wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:32 pm Hello Loki!
Thank you for your mod "Realistic cab View. It's great I have no issues with it I just wanted to contact you but after a period of time and load of obsicles because I am a new member in the forum I thought I'll just write here. I was looking for a bit more realism in a cab I and thought to open Editor and try to move indoorCamera into seat transform group and in .XML files, I changed node location of indoorCamera and guess what it worked camera moves with the seat I feel like I am really sitting on that seat I just don't have a clue how to make it global for all vehicles where the seat is dynamic and moves up and down.
I thought you're the person who knows this stuff and already started the realistic cab view mod and this could be an ultra-realistic cab view mod :D
Thanks for the feedback. I will definitely look into this and could probably make it an option to turn on/off, e.g. in a cab view settings file.
Thanks for your quick response!... I am really happy that you like the idea! I can't wait to see the mod update! (excited) :D:D:D
loki_79

Post by loki_79 »

CN_MenYu wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:20 pm Hai Loki!
First of all, love ur mods <3

I was spreading some manure with ManureSystem mod at The Valley The Old Farm 2 days ago, everything was working fine, but yesterday after updating your LumberJack mod i couldn't attach or disattach using Left/Right Clic,went to controls, modified the keys of manure system, it works but doesnt show up on the help interface, so its a bit annoying because i need to keep pressing the buttong until it hit the trigger, after that i went to check mods 1 by 1, spend almost one hour trying to find out what was going on x) then i found out that if i deactivate your LumberJack mod i can use the left/right clic again to attach and disattach, so probably there are some conflict between this two mods?

Hope you can help me :P

-Thanks
Hi, sorry about that, was my mistake! I think this version should work now:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d4o2d130pqrwv ... k.zip?dl=0
CN_MenYu

Post by CN_MenYu »

loki_79 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:05 pm
CN_MenYu wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:20 pm
That was fast :D Thanks <3
loki_79

Post by loki_79 »

CN_MenYu wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:32 pm
CN_MenYu wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:20 pm
I'm sorry, I misunderstood the problem before. This version (same link as before) is now working with Manure System:

Edit don_apple: fixed broken quoting.
CN_MenYu

Post by CN_MenYu »

loki_79 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:27 am
CN_MenYu wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:32 pm

I'm sorry, I misunderstood the problem before. This version (same link as before) is now working with Manure System:

Edit don_apple: fixed broken quoting.
well, i downloaded the first one you give to me, it worked for one day hahaha, today i went to play the game and its not wokring again so im here again and see you already post a second one ^^ going to try it now
Kshoh

Post by Kshoh »

Hello Loki.

First of all, I'd like to thank you for your awesome work. I'm already using some of your mods and I love them.

Sadly I'd like to report a mishap I had. Not so much of a bug with your mod but a case of compatibility. So when playing with your keyboard steering alongside enhanced vehicle it overrides the shuttle shift/parking brake state (e.g. even if the parking brake is engaged, the vehicle still drives. And shuttle shift doesn't work too. I can drive in reverse with the S key even though I'm in forward drive)

Love you other mods too BTW.
loki_79

Post by loki_79 »

Hi, I can definitely look at this over Christmas as there is not much else to do these days!

Could you please check for me if the problem exists in a multiplayer game (even with only one player), as kb steering does not modify the throttle in multiplayer due to engine limitations (much of the wheel physics is calculated on the server only).

I could certainly disable the throttle smoothing modifications when EnhancedVehicle is installed. First I will see if I can get them to work together, although it appears that both rely on modifying the game generated value for acceleration.
Kshoh wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:04 pm Hello Loki.

First of all, I'd like to thank you for your awesome work. I'm already using some of your mods and I love them.

Sadly I'd like to report a mishap I had. Not so much of a bug with your mod but a case of compatibility. So when playing with your keyboard steering alongside enhanced vehicle it overrides the shuttle shift/parking brake state (e.g. even if the parking brake is engaged, the vehicle still drives. And shuttle shift doesn't work too. I can drive in reverse with the S key even though I'm in forward drive)

Kshoh

Post by Kshoh »

loki_79 wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:27 pm Hi, I can definitely look at this over Christmas as there is not much else to do these days!

Could you please check for me if the problem exists in a multiplayer game (even with only one player), as kb steering does not modify the throttle in multiplayer due to engine limitations (much of the wheel physics is calculated on the server only).

I could certainly disable the throttle smoothing modifications when EnhancedVehicle is installed. First I will see if I can get them to work together, although it appears that both rely on modifying the game generated value for acceleration.

Sorry can't test the multiplayer part, due to time limitations I play only in the weekends. Hopefully someone here playing with EnhancedVehicle and KeyboardSteering can help with that in the meantime. Else I'll be happy to test it out next weekend.
Kshoh

Post by Kshoh »

Kshoh wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:58 pm
loki_79 wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:27 pm Hi, I can definitely look at this over Christmas as there is not much else to do these days!

Sorry can't test the multiplayer part, due to time limitations I play only in the weekends. Hopefully someone here playing with EnhancedVehicle and KeyboardSteering can help with that in the meantime. Else I'll be happy to test it out next weekend.
So I finally had some time to test it out on multiplayer, turns out you where right. The two are compatible when playing in MP.
loki_79

Post by loki_79 »

Kshoh wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:09 pmSo I finally had some time to test it out on multiplayer, turns out you where right. The two are compatible when playing in MP.
Awesome thanks - I sent you a PM but replied on here too as you have to manually enable email alerts for private messages.

I can make a quick fix single player version without the acceleration smoothing for now, and then look at full compatibility with enhanced vehicle.
anthu

Post by anthu »

Hello Loki
I find your gras-mowe and the empty balers mod very usefully.
One thing, is it possible to empty balers without dummy bales they disappear, instead they have the fillvolume what are rest in baler?
Lg
Andreas
loki_79

Post by loki_79 »

anthu wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:56 am Hello Loki
One thing, is it possible to empty balers without dummy bales they disappear, instead they have the fillvolume what are rest in baler?
Lg
Andreas
Hi Andreas, Can you explain a bit further? If you can give me an example with a specific baler (from the base game or a mod), I will certainly see what I can do.
TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

anthu wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:56 am Hello Loki
Lg
Andreas
Does not make much sense in my opinion. Then you will have again one different bale, if you start pressing something different than what`s inside of the baler.
So if you have a bit of straw in the baler, and you start making hay, you suggest that he throws out one straw bale? That would be the same as how the base game works. Only difference would be, that fillvolume is a little less, but you would still have one straw bale on a grass field.