Loki_79 bug report thread

loki_79

Re: Loki_79 bug report thread

Post by loki_79 »

BillyMais wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:35 pm loki_79, it's your turn now. :lol:
Oh boy do I miss keyboardsteer now... :lol:
Haha, yeah me too - I'm working on it! LumberJack was submitted for testing today!

I will try some others this evening and probably go for the one with the least errors next.. :mrgreen:
BillyMais

Post by BillyMais »

Wow, this is very good news! My hero! :lol: *thumbsup*
Thrustmaster T248P | TH8S Shifter Add-on | Logitech G Heavy Equipment Side Panel | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 + FaceTrackNoIR
Bug Tracker | Image Server
michelito

Post by michelito »

maxiroll 630 green line

this tool consumes an incredible amount of seeds. after a few meters the tank is empty
Rom1

Post by Rom1 »

Hi, I've been playing with your CabView mod for several hours and I love it, it's really a great addition to the game. Probably my favorite script, I promoted it on a Discord.
But I just encountered a bug with the mod, there was no error in the log, just an anomaly of use in game. I restarted the game without the mod and the bug is no longer present.

Here is what happened:
I was driving a MF 8S tractor and a self-loading trailer towards the field, and suddenly I realized that my eyes were off to the side of the seat, I was no longer centered. So I slid my cursor to the right, towards the center of the cab, but the rotation was blocked. Then I slid to the left, my gaze went to the back of the tractor, centered, then to the right of the cab, where again my gaze was blocked.

In fact, the front and rear were reversed. If I look towards the back of the tractor, my gaze is centered, but if I look in front of me, I am displaced to the left or to the right.
I couldn't figure out how this happened because this is a tractor that doesn't have a reverse chair.

I will reactivate the mod and continue playing with it normally.

I hope you can figure out what the problem is and do an update. Thank you

FS22 PC v1.1.1.0
FS_CabView v1.0.0.0
loki_79

Post by loki_79 »

Rom1 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:39 pm Hi, I've been playing with your CabView mod for several hours and I love it, it's really a great addition to the game. Probably my favorite script, I promoted it on a Discord.
But I just encountered a bug with the mod, there was no error in the log, just an anomaly of use in game. I restarted the game without the mod and the bug is no longer present.

Here is what happened:
I was driving a MF 8S tractor and a self-loading trailer towards the field, and suddenly I realized that my eyes were off to the side of the seat, I was no longer centered. So I slid my cursor to the right, towards the center of the cab, but the rotation was blocked. Then I slid to the left, my gaze went to the back of the tractor, centered, then to the right of the cab, where again my gaze was blocked.

In fact, the front and rear were reversed. If I look towards the back of the tractor, my gaze is centered, but if I look in front of me, I am displaced to the left or to the right.
I couldn't figure out how this happened because this is a tractor that doesn't have a reverse chair.

I will reactivate the mod and continue playing with it normally.

I hope you can figure out what the problem is and do an update. Thank you

FS22 PC v1.1.1.0
FS_CabView v1.0.0.0
Hi, Thank you for letting me know - in this case I hope that I have already fixed it. There are some pre-release versions leaked onto download sites by web-crawler bots.

If you download from my GitHub you should not get that behaviour again.
https://github.com/loki79uk/FS22_CabView/releases

NOTE: even this new version is pre-release. Use the git commits as confirmation of the update, since the 1.0.0.0 'version' number is intended for the first ModHub release. If you are still getting the behaviour with this version, then please raise an issue/bug on GitHub, or reply again on here and I will look into it further! Thanks again.
Rom1

Post by Rom1 »

Perfect, thank you. I have an account on GitHub, if I encounter any bugs I'll try to report there.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Firstly want to say thank you for how quickly you have brought Lumberjack and Grass Mowing mods over to FS22, just downloaded those off the ModHub today. I wonder if you'll be doing Bulk Fill anytime soon? I know Giants have sort of semi-included aspects of your Bulk Buy mod into the game when buying pallets (Sadly not IBCs) however they still force you to load each pallet one by one forcing you to click the fill button multiple times.

Also in relation to your grass mowing mod, I haven't obviously had chance to test it yet in FS22, but can you confirm if the issue from FS19 has been fixed, where you could only apply fertiliser to a grass field if it was in the harvested state? I noticed after switching to using the Grass Mowing Mod in FS19, that you could not fertilise grass once it entered any growing state. Which pretty much meant you had to have a fertiliser following a mower to ensure you didn't get stuck at just 50% fertilised state.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
loki_79

Post by loki_79 »

cwattyeso wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:23 pm Firstly want to say thank you for how quickly you have brought Lumberjack and Grass Mowing mods over to FS22, just downloaded those off the ModHub today. I wonder if you'll be doing Bulk Fill anytime soon? I know Giants have sort of semi-included aspects of your Bulk Buy mod into the game when buying pallets (Sadly not IBCs) however they still force you to load each pallet one by one forcing you to click the fill button multiple times.

Also in relation to your grass mowing mod, I haven't obviously had chance to test it yet in FS22, but can you confirm if the issue from FS19 has been fixed, where you could only apply fertiliser to a grass field if it was in the harvested state? I noticed after switching to using the Grass Mowing Mod in FS19, that you could not fertilise grass once it entered any growing state. Which pretty much meant you had to have a fertiliser following a mower to ensure you didn't get stuck at just 50% fertilised state.
Hi, thanks! I have a working version now of BulkFill, but still needs some testing. I agree that because BulkBuy is already partially covered by the new game (and better because you can see the items in the shop) there is less need for it now. I will look if it is possible to apply the same behaviour to IBCs, but maybe GIANTS already have a plan to do this?

I have not tested fertilising with grass mowing in FS22, but I would not be surprised if it is still the same. I can definitely add that to my to-do list if it is an issue.
Gigacrash

Post by Gigacrash »

Hey Loki, can you help me?

I'm trying to make a mod, and for this I'm looking for a way to detect newly spawned stump.

Any idea on how to manage this?

I'm asking to you because you've already worked on trees with your LumberJack mod.

Thanks!
loki_79

Post by loki_79 »

Gigacrash wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:59 pm Hey Loki, can you help me?

I'm trying to make a mod, and for this I'm looking for a way to detect newly spawned stump.

Any idea on how to manage this?

I'm asking to you because you've already worked on trees with your LumberJack mod.

Thanks!
Hi! Sorry, I saw this on my phone and then forgot to reply! I think you should be able to use the chainsaw and treesaw cutting functions to identify when a split shape is cut, then check both new parts to see if either is a stump. The last resort would be to keep looking at `getNumOfSplitShapes()`, and then compare the old and new tables to look for the new object(s) and finally test those to see if they are stumps.
Gigacrash

Post by Gigacrash »

Okay, a big thanks for the help.

Indeed I can get the splits then apply some tests (rotation and length) to determine if there's a stump or not.

Here is my code:

Code: Select all

TimberShout.splitShape = 0
                local x,y,z = getWorldTranslation(TimberShout.hTool.chainsawSplitShapeFocus)
                local nx,ny,nz = localDirectionToWorld(TimberShout.hTool.chainsawSplitShapeFocus, 1,0,0)
                local yx,yy,yz = localDirectionToWorld(TimberShout.hTool.chainsawSplitShapeFocus, 0,1,0)
                local size = 1.5

if TimberShout.splitShape == 0 then
                    TimberShout.splitShape, _, _, _, _ = findSplitShape(x,y,z, nx,ny,nz, yx,yy,yz, size, size)
                    if TimberShout.splitShape ~= 0 then

local nx2,ny2,nz2 = localDirectionToWorld(TimberShout.splitShape, 0, 1, 0)
                        local lenBelow, lenAbove = getSplitShapePlaneExtents(TimberShout.splitShape, x,y,z, nx2,ny2,nz2)

local rotationX, rotationY, rotationZ = getWorldRotation(TimberShout.splitShape)

if (math.abs(rotationX) >= 3.13 or math.abs(rotationX) <= 0.01) and (math.abs(rotationZ) >= 3.13 or math.abs(rotationZ) <= 0.01) and (lenBelow >= 1.0 or lenAbove >= 1.0) then
                            TimberShout.lastCutIsStump = true
                        else
                            TimberShout.lastCutIsStump = false
                        end
                    end
                end
It works pretty well so far! =)
TheBarbarian_CNX

Post by TheBarbarian_CNX »

I apologize for cluttering this thread, but was unable to find any other means with which to contact you.

Would you be willing to permit someone to create a "Lumberjack Light" type mod? I personally would like a variation that removes the super strength and the ability to cut trees off of the property that you own. The range increase, faster saw speeds, and ability to stump grind are really great to have, but I find that on servers the existence of super strength and off property cutting is too tempting for people in spite of soft rules saying don't use it, or they will troll other players and just delete trees or even fell them into other peoples fields which are growing.

If you are willing to allow someone to rebuild your mod with only these components removed that would be great. I wouldn't want to burden you with an additional project.
loki_79

Post by loki_79 »

TheBarbarian_CNX wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:08 pm I apologize for cluttering this thread, but was unable to find any other means with which to contact you.

Would you be willing to permit someone to create a "Lumberjack Light" type mod? I personally would like a variation that removes the super strength and the ability to cut trees off of the property that you own. The range increase, faster saw speeds, and ability to stump grind are really great to have, but I find that on servers the existence of super strength and off property cutting is too tempting for people in spite of soft rules saying don't use it, or they will troll other players and just delete trees or even fell them into other peoples fields which are growing.

If you are willing to allow someone to rebuild your mod with only these components removed that would be great. I wouldn't want to burden you with an additional project.
Hi, I have no problem at all for people to do whatever they like with my mods for peronal use, just please don't release it. I do have long term plans to make some global MP settings (server side) to disable those options as it has already been mentioned to me that on some servers people come back to tractors on top of buildings, etc.

I'm currently working on an autoload script that is applied to all of the base game trailers, but when that is done I will have more time again to spend on other mods.
Eric 236

Post by Eric 236 »

Hello Luki

I have a problem the Trailer Axle Blocker does not work for me I have tried different trailers and nothing happens even with the Rolland pack and the Ponge pack could you look at your side and give me a solution if there is thank you in advance
loki_79

Post by loki_79 »

Eric 236 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:33 am Hello Luki

I have a problem the Trailer Axle Blocker does not work for me I have tried different trailers and nothing happens even with the Rolland pack and the Ponge pack could you look at your side and give me a solution if there is thank you in advance
Hi, is this for FS19 or FS22? I did not really have much to do with the 19 version (just fixed a multiplayer error) and if it is out for FS22, then I didn't even know about that.