everything sliding when not being used

this_is_gav

Re: everything sliding when not being used

Post by this_is_gav »

I've never had a bale disco, but the bales moving slightly when a player/tractor is near is part of the base game and I've replicated it several times with no mods installed and reported it as such in the past. This issue doesn't appear to be related in that it only seems to happen with mods.

Which mod is causing hasn't been proven - we'd need someone who experiences this, such as the OP, to test their mods in batches before whittling it down to find out.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

redglasses wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:42 pm NMC pickup truck trailer attached to the IT runner module with the BSM wood chipper
This is one set that does this.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Plage

Post by Plage »

I've encountered this with some of the equipment (basegame, DLC and mods) and have the impression that it has to do with the spawning of certain attachement configuration and the(ir) collision.

Like for example I've encountered the already mentioned problem with the Claas cutter bars and their trailers from the Platinum DLC. If they're loaded on parked trailers the whole combination will start to magically change position over time. They won't move if you stare at them but everytime they'll get loaded (like when starting up a game or if you move out of and in to view range again) they'll slightly change position. The same happend with the Terras from the Holmer DLC for quite some time. They magically started to move foreward over time but this bug seems to be fixed now.

Like said I assume it has to do with how certain attached things get spawned. Normally an object would be spawned on the ground but in case of a cutter bar on a trailer the cutter has to be spawned "in the air" and then gets automatically attached to the trailer. And that's where I think the problem occurs. Either there's a problem with the collision for a split second which results in a certain movement or the "wrong" object has a pulling/pushing force it shouldn't have which will result in a certain movement again.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

^ That seems to go against the experience the OP has given in the video they posted they're literally stood watching the trailer slide away. That was my basis when I tested the Claas header trailer - I was just stationary with the game minimised for half an hour so the camera didn't move at all.
Breezy1

Post by Breezy1 »

I am having this issue with several of my MOD vehicles and implements. All Borgault large seeders, Custom Modding C850 Air Cart. and several TXL trucks and trailers. I have tried increasing Friction Scales on the various wheel setups within these MOD'S XMLs to no avail. These problems exist on modded and standard in-game maps. I've tried removing all the REA physics MODS and this changes nothing in regard to the entity sliding problem.

This is an incredibly irritating problem. Please address the issue, Giants.
Hoffa82

Post by Hoffa82 »

I've had this problem from time to time since 13, so I wouldn't hold my breath for a quick fix.
HabibiBlokksberg

Post by HabibiBlokksberg »

Alagos wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:16 pm Never had a big sliding issue that wasn't related to mod equipment.
Saying this is a Giants bug is kinda wrong in my opinion.
It´s an issue appearing with random mods in random combinations but always the same way, saying it is definitely not a Giants problem is even more wrong. You´d have to nail a very specific problem that a bunch of mods have gotten wrong.
I can give you a list of at least 10 to 12 implements even stock ones or trailers of various types that will start sliding on various maps with and without physics mods and in any combination of DLC or vanilla game.
Bobble2020

Post by Bobble2020 »

I have this happen with seeders and plows when left unattached for a while
TheGazbeard

Post by TheGazbeard »

I first noticed this same issue in FS19, but only with the Merlo - on all maps (vanilla and mod).

I don't recall when it started in FS22 for me, but it happens with many different pieces of equipment now (vanilla and mod and DLC).

That said, I've also seen it happen in other games too (e.g. Empyrion Galactic Survival) but that tends to be more identifiable as collision conflicts due to the ship-in-ship docking system.
My FarmSim farms on YouTube - Gazbeard
My FarmSim farms on Twitch - TheGazbeard
El Narizon

Post by El Narizon »

I only see this on field rollers. I tried removing single REA mods or all of them, but the issue persisted.
Manche sagen "wer lesen kann, ist klar im Vorteil". Viele nutzen dieses Zitat, um sich über andere lustig zu machen, ohne den Inhalt des genutzten Zitats zu verstehen. Und da ist er schon, der ironisch-paradoxe Knackpunkt. Es reicht nicht, nur lesen zu können. Das kann jeder Nicht-Analphabetiker. Den Inhalt verstehen, darum geht es.​
duncan_101

Post by duncan_101 »

I got it allot with the Horsh DLC implements now ... everytime i come back to the shed the planters are bunched together and the weeder is laying on its side for some reason :P

but i'm guessing it's conflicting mods in my case so should try stuff there before complaining to Giants
Happly farming in Fryslan.
On an Asus RoG laptop.
El Narizon

Post by El Narizon »

Hmm. I guess you're right about Horsch, even the performance drops as soon as I look in the direction of a Horsch implement. Like it got too many polygons, way too much.
Manche sagen "wer lesen kann, ist klar im Vorteil". Viele nutzen dieses Zitat, um sich über andere lustig zu machen, ohne den Inhalt des genutzten Zitats zu verstehen. Und da ist er schon, der ironisch-paradoxe Knackpunkt. Es reicht nicht, nur lesen zu können. Das kann jeder Nicht-Analphabetiker. Den Inhalt verstehen, darum geht es.​
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

This might be a problem... if only I could remember where I even parked the tractor.... much less its exact position like "I don't remember parking that there but its there so I must have.. oh well"
Now on 19 there were a couple items it was bad enough on to just watch them slowly move around in real time like watching very fast drying paint. My memory has gotten a lot worse since then and I guess I just don't notice now.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Massey44

Post by Massey44 »

Only time I've seen this is with a mod of a Claydon Seeder, once detached it would occasionally slide around so I removed it. I've seen trailers do it when being filled including some of Giants ones but I think thats more a side effect of the physics/weight system.
Nishma Agri Mods

Post by Nishma Agri Mods »

Had this issue for years n years. and from everything i have seen its not just mods . the base game with no mods will do it too. But only very occasionally. eg;- base game tractor with a big front weight will sometimes try and walk away on you . Just depends on what tractor, what weight and many other factors.

I have experimented over the years with solutions and if you have the time and enough beer and like messing with XML files you can adjust the Mass and center of mass and even fiddle with friction values and get a very stable machine .
But the REA mods will cause some funky stuff to happen on mods that are not set up correctly in regards to mass and C,O,M .
Components used to be the biggest culprit back in 13/15 and 17. Anything that had more than 1 would wobble and move on its own if the mass and centre were not set up just right.

So best i can say is try removing all REA mods and see if it still happens . There are 2 in particular that i would look at 1st REA wheels and REA Centre of gravity. . Pull those 2 out and try playing and see if your toys still have ice skates.