So whos getting the new Alpine DLC?

BoxTunnel

Re: So whos getting the new Alpine DLC?

Post by BoxTunnel »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:53 am Yes, he knows that. He is saying they should add it. They require modders to make their vechiles have opening doors, but giants themselves does not put that feature on their models.
Is this correct? If so it's ridiculous. Personally I have no interest in doors that open or sunroofs or whatever because as others have said they hog keybindings. If Giants are making modders do this that's a joke.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Whiskey Sierra is the most recent one to post saying giants require it. I have seen others throughout this fs19 as well. Now I have never submitted a mod, so I don't know for sure. That's just what I have read from others.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

GIANTS don't require IC doors. What they want is that mods based off their work (or the work of others) to include a sufficient amount of extra effort to be considered.

If you made a new vehicle from the ground up to a decent standard without IC then they would accept it, as has been shown numerous times for FS19 already.

This has been doing the rounds for a month or so and it's rubbish. It is just lazy modders trying to pass the buck because their manure mod (the c**p word was censored) was rejected because they did bugger all, and some so called members of the community have leaped at the opportunity to spread that manure without stepping back to think first.
Illinois Farmer

Or like Whiskey Sierra built his forage harvester from the ground up and still giants said to have opening doors. Not necessarily through ic controls. Go check his Facebook page with his progress he posted on it.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

I've been in this game for long enough to know not to trust a one-sided story, as they know fine well the other side don't put up an opposing message.

There's a ton of vehicles on the modhub which don't have IC or opening doors, even some added today; I've just tried two new ones and one updated one just to be sure, and none of them have any form of IC.
Last edited by this_is_gav on Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Illinois Farmer

Yeah there is, I'm just saying some have reported that as a suggestion or requirement to add to their model. It has been said more than once by many different modders. I don't know why you have to argue about it, when I clearly stated, this is what done have reported.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Like I said, take it with a pinch of salt. It's not a requirement at all if you put in a significant amount of work elsewhere.
Unknownerr

Post by Unknownerr »

Miketeg wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:04 pm Won't buy until it goes on 70%+ sale.

why?

First, I know that it will have bugs (that's normal), but Giants will ignore most of them
Second, no equipment catch my attention, so I won't probably use any.
Third, no interest in EU maps.

SO clearly, this DLC will please some players, but that's not for me.

I will follow all topics regarding it, to see how many bugs there's on and how Giants will react....I hope i'm wrong and they will change my mind regarding their (almost invisible) customer support...
This is what you have said Giants has to see. I myself was pointing that out previously after FS19 release day. And still most bugs still exist in game. No one tried to fix any bug(won't fix) no reply and no custommer suport and i feel like they are seeing us like a money bags. Make something as fast as possible and leave it be. Thats why i hate GIANTS. They have to change how they make their games is absolutely absurd to have bugs after 2 year from release. Anyone remember FS17 at first day I was really happy how that game was much less bugs and much better sounds than it is in FS19. As for this DLC its nonsense to ask 20 euros... As for next game fs22 probably i don't really think Giants are worth any money from me anymore until you change how you treat your customers.
mirceast19

Post by mirceast19 »

The ramp at the entrance to the Biogas Plant is too steep. The large Krampe trailer remains stuck in the asphalt and can hardly be rushed from there, either pushed violently with another tractor or reset it.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:24 am Or like Whiskey Sierra built his forage harvester from the ground up and still giants said to have opening doors. Not necessarily through ic controls. Go check his Facebook page with his progress he posted on it.
I'm gonna call bull on this. I'm sure some here will remember a certain modder crying that giants was refusing his tractor cos XYZ on Facebook. I forwarded it to Lisertan and he commented on the posts on Facebook and asked did he want him to show screenshots of the actual conversation and problems with the mod. Low and behold the modder deleted the crying posts and wrote an apology and subsequently fixed the broken mod.
Guil

Post by Guil »

cwattyeso wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:42 pm

As someone who plays C and Cs (why does Giants Forum auto correct and change that name to Command and Conquer?)
This was changed sometime in 2017 after there was a lot of talk about it on the forum. To be fair though, this is giants forum and they didn't want a discussion about a potential competitor
Guil

Post by Guil »

BoxTunnel wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:32 am
Also love the new equipment - the electric tractor is excellent but it must have batteries currently unknown to science as they seem to last forever - and no bunnies in sight! (If you're not from the UK, this is a reference to a certain battery maker that used to use electric rabbits playing drums to advertise their product). Yes, I'm old.

If you have twenty quid spare it's well worth a tickle.
Ah yes, the duracell bunny and oi, I'm not old and remember it vividly. I'm 34
BoxTunnel

Post by BoxTunnel »

Fifty mate, where the hell did the time go?
Totenfarmer

Post by Totenfarmer »

I bought this dlc, and for me it was excactly what I wanted.. I didn't know that, but Giants did :p
In my opinion this is by far the best dlc from Giants, the map is stunning and the equipment compelemnts it well.
I have experienced a bug though I'm not sure if it's related to the dlc itself, my game crashed because it failed to compile a shader, made me lose 2 hrs of gameplay, annoying, but I trust Giants to adress it if it's happening because of the dlc or the latest update
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Guil wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:18 am
BoxTunnel wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:32 am
Also love the new equipment - the electric tractor is excellent but it must have batteries currently unknown to science as they seem to last forever - and no bunnies in sight! (If you're not from the UK, this is a reference to a certain battery maker that used to use electric rabbits playing drums to advertise their product). Yes, I'm old.

If you have twenty quid spare it's well worth a tickle.
Ah yes, the duracell bunny and oi, I'm not old and remember it vividly. I'm 34
You don't remember it vividly enough. It was the Energizer Bunny. Legend says it's still going. *thumbsup*