Thank You for - Griffin, Indiana Map - by AJFarmer

ValhallSN95

Re: Thank You for - Griffin, Indiana Map - by AJFarmer

Post by ValhallSN95 »

AJFarmer, I really appreciate how much work you've put into this map and how much your working with us console guys. Thank you!
Chris Birdsong Wolfforth, TX
Grew up running a 4430 on my granddads farm

Xbox Series X / Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S
FS22 7,545hrs FS19 10,965hrs
FS17 (XB1) 7,910hrs FS17 (PC) 1,297hrs
FS15 7,620hrs FS13 7,877hrs
lawm

Post by lawm »

Update is on test list today!!!!
RunsLikeADeere

Post by RunsLikeADeere »

doesn’t look like today, let’s hope for tomorrow...
FS17
FS19
FS22
all on PS4

Nothing runs like a Deere!
lawm

Post by lawm »

It's kind of early still isnt it?

Edit: I didnt realize they dropped a bunch of stuff already. It will drop the day my wife goes into labor I suppose lol
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

The mods dropped for the day. No update. I'm still on the fence if I will update, when we get one.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
dapals51

Post by dapals51 »

ajFarmer wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:14 am The update 1.1.0.0 that is in review is showing a slot count of 463 with everything sold and apx. 470 on new farmer. Now this could change when Giants releases it. The only way I believe I can lower on future updates is remove buildings and props. This is something I do not want to really do.
For you Console players are these numbers workable? & can anyone tell me the numbers you are showing for 1.0.0.0
Those are good for console. Imo
XBOX one player
Farmer in the midwest USA

MOD HUB OR DIE!!
ValhallSN95

Post by ValhallSN95 »

I'm just hoping for the update by Thursday lol
I've got a 5 day weekend starting Friday, we were supposed to be going to visit the wife's stepdad but we decided to hold off for now and instead we decided on a 5 day straight FS19 marathon to get both of our Griffin saves up and running.
Chris Birdsong Wolfforth, TX
Grew up running a 4430 on my granddads farm

Xbox Series X / Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S
FS22 7,545hrs FS19 10,965hrs
FS17 (XB1) 7,910hrs FS17 (PC) 1,297hrs
FS15 7,620hrs FS13 7,877hrs
hatch1429

Sleep trigger on Griffin IN 19 for xbox

Post by hatch1429 »

Began playing as farm manager and can’t find the sleep trigger. I set up the farm with the slurry sell point as base of operations

Edit don_apple: post move from separate topic in wrong section to already existing topic where this map is discussed.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

dapals51 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:45 pm
ajFarmer wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:14 am The update 1.1.0.0 that is in review is showing a slot count of 463 with everything sold and apx. 470 on new farmer. Now this could change when Giants releases it. The only way I believe I can lower on future updates is remove buildings and props. This is something I do not want to really do.
For you Console players are these numbers workable? & can anyone tell me the numbers you are showing for 1.0.0.0
Those are good for console. Imo
Heck yes. IMO 600 is a very good trade off for a map like this. so 463 is great like dapals51 has said.

lawm

Post by lawm »

I thought it was 473 to start with everything sold. Of its below 500 that's 800 slots to use up for your farm. I would not worry about trying to lose more slots
Farmer_Blue

Post by Farmer_Blue »

chedly_farms wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:44 pm The mods dropped for the day. No update. I'm still on the fence if I will update, when we get one.
Maybe I missed it in an earlier post but can you share why you may not update?

I've been playing this map since it was listed and have to say the more I play it, the more I love it. I changed out the main farm and added a cattle barn and open pasture in the grassland opposite and have been building up to buying cows by working contracts (something I never do on other maps). I held back playing on the map from Saturday thinking the update would drop today and I'd not be too far along that a new saved game would be a pain.

AJFarmer has produced a map that has just hit a chord no other American map has managed to do for me. It's a wonderful map. The updates would appear to make it even better.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Farmer_Blue wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:11 pm
chedly_farms wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:44 pm The mods dropped for the day. No update. I'm still on the fence if I will update, when we get one.
Maybe I missed it in an earlier post but can you share why you may not update?

I've been playing this map since it was listed and have to say the more I play it, the more I love it. I changed out the main farm and added a cattle barn and open pasture in the grassland opposite and have been building up to buying cows by working contracts (something I never do on other maps). I held back playing on the map from Saturday thinking the update would drop today and I'd not be too far along that a new saved game would be a pain.

AJFarmer has produced a map that has just hit a chord no other American map has managed to do for me. It's a wonderful map. The updates would appear to make it even better.
It's nothing against the updates or AJFarmer. More to do with me and my OCD/anxiety. I want to keep playing this map, and if I say to myself, "I can't wait for the update!" I may get anxious of getting too far and stop playing. I just play slow for now, so anything I'm doing I can easily replicate with a new game save. Plus I want to make sure that nothing is "game breaking" from others playing it for a day or two. I just don't want my experience with this map to get ruined, as I am having a ton of fun on this map. I hope this makes sense, as I overthink a lot of things.

I just want to echo what you are saying there at the end. No other American map has given me the same feeling as well. You've got big fields wo the south that you can use monster machines on, but you can start with older medium sized machines at the starting farm to get going. And that is where this map is fun to me. Along with all the trails and other things. Where Welker in all it's huge glory, lacks that for obvious reasons. Welker is a fantastic map, but it's just not how I like to play. But the sheds, sale points, farm details, are all very good.

lawm

Post by lawm »

Basically the only thing I ever wished for with Lone Oak was the town aspect. Now it's like I've got a combination of everything I want in one map. I just keep playing and screwing around with this map until the update still haven't made up my mind if I will be using seasons or just the precision farming vanilla. Either way this is the map
Farmer_Blue

Post by Farmer_Blue »

chedly_farms wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:23 pm
Farmer_Blue wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:11 pm
I just want to echo what you are saying there at the end. No other American map has given me the same feeling as well. You've got big fields wo the south that you can use monster machines on, but you can start with older medium sized machines at the starting farm to get going. And that is where this map is fun to me. Along with all the trails and other things. Where Welker in all it's huge glory, lacks that for obvious reasons. Welker is a fantastic map, but it's just not how I like to play. But the sheds, sale points, farm details, are all very good.
Yes, it really does have something for all types of equipment.

I've opted to start out with all very old used "red" equipment and plan on pursuing the contract revenue to add to any income I can generate from field 32 as I try to build the cattle farm on the hill.

The contracts allow me enough income to add used equipment, each piece getting me someway further along the road to getting cattle. The next purchases will allow me to make hay bales and silage to build up a stock of cattle feed to get through the first winter. Like you, I'm also playing slowly - or was - until I halted waiting for the update.

I enjoyed Welker too, especially as I regularly watch their farm-tube show. I guess my British heritage and memories of a long-ago childhood better lends themselves to older equipment and smaller, more homely feeling farming. AJFarmers map just ticks all the boxes and gets me on an American map and away from my usual go to's such as Marwell, Oakfield or Six Ashes.
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

For everyone who is nervous about new save, I assure you there will be no game breaking aspects in update 1.1.0.0. Before a map can even be uploaded all xml errors have to be fixed. Then Giants does a very thorough test to make sure all game play elements like triggers, sell points, contracts exc... are 100% working. FS is one of the only platforms that does this, which is awesome. You will not have to worry about any future updates that will require a new save. Only subtle changes to sounds and ambiance and the likes. I feel this update makes it a really clean map and all vanilla gameplay elements are there. Although there is tons of trees in the forest that can't be cut, and this will never change as there is Forestry Area across from Nunn Better Mill noted in new map description for cutting till your heart's content.
If it makes you feel better, I am getting ready to start my first real save that I will never delete with my daughters. I am just like everyone else- new save, make map changes, newsave, make map changes. You know you will eventually start a new save on 1.1.0.0 anyway so might as well get it over with :lol:

On side note Im finishing up testing of Seasons GEO: Griffin Indiana 19 and hope to submit in time to be available for the weekend. The nice things about GEO is they do not break saves so you can update easily.

Thanks to everyone for all the help and comments to give me the energy to finish the map properly *thumbsup*