The slot count on millennial farms map is a joke

TheSuBBie

Re: The slot count on millennial farms map is a joke

Post by TheSuBBie »

Would it be possible for one of you consol players to give me the slot count for new farmer on various maps as I am having great difficulty finding any sort of sense out of this slot count thing.

For example,( I presume that the slot counts are totalled to give the final figure)

MN map slot count of 1151 (source The oracle)
TestRunner placeable count 468 mapUS.xml 520 a total 988 a difference of plus 163 not accounted for.

Griffin map slot count around 45
Testrunner placeables slot count 26 modMap.xml 437 a total 463 a difference of minus 418

Oh and by the way the slot count for vehicles included in the map is 264 should you wish to selll them all and buy only John Deere and map decoration items 102 (source The oracle)
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

I believe the unaccounted shots are for the map itself. Terrain, trees and other things permanent still have poly's, so they still consume slots.

At least that's what I've been told, anyway.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

TheSuBBie wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:11 pm Would it be possible for one of you consol players to give me the slot count for new farmer on various maps as I am having great difficulty finding any sort of sense out of this slot count thing.

For example,( I presume that the slot counts are totalled to give the final figure)

MN map slot count of 1151 (source The oracle)
TestRunner placeable count 468 mapUS.xml 520 a total 988 a difference of plus 163 not accounted for.

Griffin map slot count around 45
Testrunner placeables slot count 26 modMap.xml 437 a total 463 a difference of minus 418

Oh and by the way the slot count for vehicles included in the map is 264 should you wish to selll them all and buy only John Deere and map decoration items 102 (source The oracle)
On Lazy Acres Farm, New Farmer starting slots was 1079 with the equipment included.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

I believe the unaccounted shots are for the map itself. Terrain, trees and other things permanent still have poly's, so they still consume slots.

At least that's what I've been told, anyway.
Yes, I understand that could be the case but that doesn't account for the minus figure in Griffin.

Out of curiosty what is the slot count for the base maps in New Farmer
MappersParadise

Post by MappersParadise »

Hi Guys

Ok time to knock this on the head because i won't waste time on a post titled like this. And one thing i really don't like to see is a very good friend stressing himself out trying everything because some complain about a the slot count so enough is enough... We have been shown no respect by many at this stage and yet again we see a massive rating bash so it's time to go home as biden said we are not welcome anymore... back to the potato's for us

Seriously guys do you not find it a bit strange that not once has the poster got involved since he started the post... i wont make a deal of it here but i will sort this another way...

If joe bloggs cant have 10 - 15 tractors which mainly sit there for a week until one little job pops up. Why the hell did we go to the trouble of having nearly 60% removable so you could reduce the map if necessary and if thats not enough then as mentioned already there are plenty of maps available which are also totally free and available ...

I am now keen to have a look at Griffin map and how they have managed to create loads of new models and silos like us and keep a low slot thingy seeing as you guys refer us to it ,,, geez it's been a long time i've opened a different map so it would make a nice changer that's if i get around to it and as always thanks guys for the great feedback and the kind people who still support us and i hope you understand and probs no the phrase very well lol come on we can say it together "It is what it is"
And yall know how much effort TheSuBBie has put in to sort all this stuff out and he is amazing but it's time to chill out...

Last thing is anyone else seeing a yellow stripe down the middle when you try to reply ..

Have fun and stay safe.... like when near machinery and stuff like that cos there dangerous.... Now i'm off to the new burger joint that's opened on the map cos food critics on FB are biiggin it up and rumor has it Gordon Ramsey might be popping in ..........peace
Farmer686

Post by Farmer686 »

MappersParadise wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:28 pm Hi Guys

Ok time to knock this on the head because i won't waste time on a post titled like this. And one thing i really don't like to see is a very good friend stressing himself out trying everything because some complain about a the slot count so enough is enough... We have been shown no respect by many at this stage and yet again we see a massive rating bash so it's time to go home as biden said we are not welcome anymore... back to the potato's for us

Seriously guys do you not find it a bit strange that not once has the poster got involved since he started the post... i wont make a deal of it here but i will sort this another way...

If joe bloggs cant have 10 - 15 tractors which mainly sit there for a week until one little job pops up. Why the hell did we go to the trouble of having nearly 60% removable so you could reduce the map if necessary and if thats not enough then as mentioned already there are plenty of maps available which are also totally free and available ...

I am now keen to have a look at Griffin map and how they have managed to create loads of new models and silos like us and keep a low slot thingy seeing as you guys refer us to it ,,, geez it's been a long time i've opened a different map so it would make a nice changer that's if i get around to it and as always thanks guys for the great feedback and the kind people who still support us and i hope you understand and probs no the phrase very well lol come on we can say it together "It is what it is"
And yall know how much effort TheSuBBie has put in to sort all this stuff out and he is amazing but it's time to chill out...

Last thing is anyone else seeing a yellow stripe down the middle when you try to reply ..

Have fun and stay safe.... like when near machinery and stuff like that cos there dangerous.... Now i'm off to the new burger joint that's opened on the map cos food critics on FB are biiggin it up and rumor has it Gordon Ramsey might be popping in ..........peace
I think it's a total lack of respect, Most people on the forum don't now how to use giants editor, I have dipped my toes into it and it's difficult to use, if you are going to make comments like this atleast now what your talking about 🙄. Mappers paradise, I think you have done a great job of the map don't listen to lunatics who now nothing about what there talking about. stay safe :)
Hi!
My interest's are; Farming, Computers, Coding and gaming.
I have autism so may sometimes come across as rude, but I don't mean it!
:biggrin2:
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

To all, TheSuBBie was instrumental in getting my slot count low on Griffin, Indiana 19 from version 1.0.0.0 to 1.1.0.0. As he was able to explain to me some of my errors in setting up my xmls. I would not even try to use my map to explain slot numbers until I submit 1.1.1.0 tonight and its available next week, as it's highly possible Giants calculated the slot count wrong in 1.1.0.0.

The title of this thread made me sick to my stomach reading it for the first time. I am very grateful for the thread chedley_farms created for me, As the thread is filled full of compliments and suggestions. I encourage everyone to only post positive feedback and constructive criticism, as a mapmaker that is what keeps us going and not to lose interest in the project. For the ones that do this all ready thank you so much, your words of encouragement are heard.

TheSuBBie has been modding far longer than I have and if he is having trouble figuring slot counts, I suggest the community help out anyway they can so we can all make future maps slot friendly. I look to him for advice, and from the little I have been active on the threads it is obvious it's still a mystery.
Farmer686

Post by Farmer686 »

ajFarmer wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:46 pm To all, TheSuBBie was instrumental in getting my slot count low on Griffin, Indiana 19 from version 1.0.0.0 to 1.1.0.0. As he was able to explain to me some of my errors in setting up my xmls. I would not even try to use my map to explain slot numbers until I submit 1.1.1.0 tonight and its available next week, as it's highly possible Giants calculated the slot count wrong in 1.1.0.0.

The title of this thread made me sick to my stomach reading it for the first time. I am very grateful for the thread chedley_farms created for me, As the thread is filled full of compliments and suggestions. I encourage everyone to only post positive feedback and constructive criticism, as a mapmaker that is what keeps us going and not to lose interest in the project. For the ones that do this all ready thank you so much, your words of encouragement are heard.

TheSuBBie has been modding far longer than I have and if he is having trouble figuring slot counts, I suggest the community help out anyway they can so we can all make future maps slot friendly. I look to him for advice, and from the little I have been active on the threads it is obvious it's still a mystery.
Indeed, if we all pee off the modders who is there going to be to make the game as good as it is, keep up the good work mate 😀
Hi!
My interest's are; Farming, Computers, Coding and gaming.
I have autism so may sometimes come across as rude, but I don't mean it!
:biggrin2:
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I was going to create a new thread with a better, more thankful headline to be the official disscusion. And ask for this to be closed.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

The honor goes to you chedly, Start it and
PLEASE LET THIS BE THE LAST POST
Last edited by ajFarmer on Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
BigFarmerJohn

Post by BigFarmerJohn »

A little constructive criticism can go a long way in improving the slot count issue for maps, that's why alot of us turn to youtubers to give us the full scoop on slot counts so we don't waste our time getting excited and download a map, whatever map that may be. Modders at the end of the day can do what they want, there will always be modders out there improving the game and making the game better and for that reason if your map or equipment is incompatible with consoles we have every right to voice our concerns and frustrations. HIGH slot count is everything for a console player making a map quickly unplayable because of lag and such. :hi:
FS17 and 19 on PS4
FS11,13,15 on PC
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

TheSuBBie wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:11 pm Would it be possible for one of you consol players to give me the slot count for new farmer on various maps as I am having great difficulty finding any sort of sense out of this slot count thing.
Could Giants not offer any pointers too help, if a map is functioning with no errors then it should pass testing and the slot count should not prevent release. but it would be nice if they could say how you could lower the slots if an update is then done.
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

Hopefully someone from Giants will post a roundup of how the slots are worked out/counted it would help modders enormously.
I am aware of the textures side of things where a DXT1 1024 x 1024 image is 1.33 mB and a DXT5 is of the same size is double at 2.66mb (2 X applies to any size variation) and takes up more slots/video memory but the question is how many for each item or is it dependant on other things as well.
The TestRunner programme is providing an insight but unfortunately does not include the extra slots that are in the basic map (the ones without any xml configurations, placeable or map)
Psychohate

Post by Psychohate »

I actually have a notebook at home with the maps, slot count, sell points, and anything else I thought interesting to write down about a map. I got tired of going back to old maps and forgetting the slot count and sell points that each map has.

I think so far I have a list of 20 to 30 maps and add more as I play different maps.
New farmer mode always
Xbox Series x/..... Being kind don't cost a dime
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

DEERE317 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:32 pm
BigFarmerJohn wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:54 pm Yes, it is a joke and no there is nothing we can do about it but not download it and not show support so the map maker doesn't waste his time on future creations.
Hey Subbie you must stop modding! :lol:
And then console players sit there begging for whatever mod and act surprised when a modder says no.
Go make your own version of the Johnson’s farm and release it and then tell us your judgement.
lol do you realize when some are saying it use 1200 slot's that only leave 99 left so ya kinda a big deal even the next up from new farmer without selling anything is around 1100 slot's some of the JD stuff use 40+ slot's.