Top Mods?

n0tr3adY

Re: Top Mods?

Post by n0tr3adY »

Ohh... and also the TOP mods have to use ALL of the new features of engine like theSeb wroted;

- foliageBending
- connectionHoses for trailers, for hyd cylinders
...and so on...

Sadly, the current rating system only represent how many people likes the modder. The rating system lost their original purpose. There are tons of technically bad mods voted up to 4.5 - 4.9 rating.
But again : not impossible to reach the TOP flag. I was very-very disappointed when i saw a popular YouTube video where the modder assigned default_normal.dds to his mod instead of teaching people how to bake normals...
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

The same things keep being said that the overall quality needs to be very good. But yet at the same time it has been said that some "top" are lacking. That is my point. I'm not wanting to slam mods who's quality is may or may not be lacking. My point is there are mods whos quality far exceeds some mods given that status. Made from scratch mods. Not Giants base mods with some modifications. That was my point of starting the discussion.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

theSeb wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:14 pm
chedly_farms wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:50 pm
eric21 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:07 am
Exactly its not about what machine is popular or what people want to see, its about what it can do and how detailed it is
Custom Modding has amazingly detailed mods, same as NEFG’s steigers, and Cesearias modding’s MX to name a few. They all have made multiple mods, so why not “top” status for them?
I don't mean to bash any modders in particular, but many of the mods that I love using in the game, are actually not created very well from a technical point of view, even though they look great in the game. This is often the reason why they don't get the TOP label.

To give you an example, some vehicles do not have everything properly defined in terms of what the game engine expects. This isn't something that a typical user would notice though, but when you are trying to create a global mod that acts on all vehicles, you soon run into this issue with those particular mods.

juf.de and n0tr3adY's explanations are spot on.
n0tr3adY wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:30 pm Ohh... and also the TOP mods have to use ALL of the new features of engine like theSeb wroted;

- foliageBending
- connectionHoses for trailers, for hyd cylinders
...and so on...

Sadly, the current rating system only represent how many people likes the modder. The rating system lost their original purpose. There are tons of technically bad mods voted up to 4.5 - 4.9 rating.
But again : not impossible to reach the TOP flag. I was very-very disappointed when i saw a popular YouTube video where the modder assigned default_normal.dds to his mod instead of teaching people how to bake normals...
You guys are trying to make the same point, so I want to respond to both of you. I think now I understand what you are trying to say. After reading these posts and what jud.de is saying, I understand the "top mod" status. And I guess in turn because I don't understand the programming aspect of it. I will concede my point in the discussion. I'm just a console player with no understanding of the programming world. I just took everything at play value, with is why I didn't understand and thought there were contradictions in the process. But now knowing it goes far into the world of the part of the mods that I can't see if that makes sense, I understand.

However I think if "top mods" is about the technical aspect of the mods, then I think the mods ratings aspect serves the purpose of the players giving their ratings to how they see the mods. After all Since I can't see the programming behind the mod, then the mods I think are top mods on my end I will give a top rating if that makes sense.

chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

n0tr3adY wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:30 pm A truly awesome modder
I just wanted to say thank you for some of your mods. Your round bale trailer, chicken coop, and IBC Home made front tanks are staples on all of my maps. And I used the big bag lifter and bags extensively on my Marwell save. Thank You!

n0tr3adY

Post by n0tr3adY »

chedly_farms wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:01 pm
n0tr3adY wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:30 pm A truly awesome modder
I just wanted to say thank you for some of your mods. Your round bale trailer, chicken coop, and IBC Home made front tanks are staples on all of my maps. And I used the big bag lifter and bags extensively on my Marwell save. Thank You!
Thank you! I'm really happy to hear that!
ChiefContractor

Post by ChiefContractor »

eric21 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:12 am
ChiefContractor wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:10 am Sur go look at peppe978 or whoever he is. How has he so many TOPS while others have none. Its really biased.
Because he's good at it? Lots of old and unique mods?.

I feel this more of a bash against why so many European mods take top mod, American tend to be the same style where as peppe brings old crawler tractors, excavators, old style trucks which are really detailed. He doesn't just make a tractor and done, thats it, he's artist and well respsected within the community
Listen here, im Irish not american. Im just making a comment which is why i came here. Peppe's new holland tm is inaccurate. Every mod he brings is top, theres about 3 of the sand thing just different names
Hello! I'm a PC gamer now! Care to join my server for Realistic and Fun Farming simulator 19 multiplayer?
If so, click here -> https://discord.gg/KnEzWm32tF
eric21

Post by eric21 »

I didn't say you were american
n0tr3adY

Post by n0tr3adY »

ChiefContractor wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:43 pm
eric21 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:12 am
ChiefContractor wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:10 am Sur go look at peppe978 or whoever he is. How has he so many TOPS while others have none. Its really biased.
Because he's good at it? Lots of old and unique mods?.

I feel this more of a bash against why so many European mods take top mod, American tend to be the same style where as peppe brings old crawler tractors, excavators, old style trucks which are really detailed. He doesn't just make a tractor and done, thats it, he's artist and well respsected within the community
Listen here, im Irish not american. Im just making a comment which is why i came here. Peppe's new holland tm is inaccurate. Every mod he brings is top, theres about 3 of the sand thing just different names
He reaches the required level for TOP marks. 3D modelling is some kind of art, and he is very talented. Modding is not about 1:1 copying, because some parts are heavy polybombs for a little visual advantage - not worth it ;)
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Mods, can i get a lock? The question has been answered as i didn’t understand the criteria at first. And the question has been answered. Thank you in advance.

don_apple

Post by don_apple »

chedly_farms wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:21 pm Mods, can i get a lock? The question has been answered as i didn’t understand the criteria at first. And the question has been answered. Thank you in advance.
Done!
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules