Farming Simulator 2022 Announcement - Fan Thoughts

MagicBoy

Re: Farming Simulator 2022 Announcement - Fan Thoughts

Post by MagicBoy »

trogladitez wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:12 pm
norfolk farmer wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:09 pm
chedly_farms wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:17 pm Getting excited for the texture differences that are being showcased today is laughable when hay and straw swaths look like they do.
Hopefully they will go a step further and bring multi terrain angle to basegame. It's the thing that kills my enjoyment of a map and I only play maps which include it.
On top of that considering how badly the game runs on last gen consoles those new pom textures probably won't even be used. I wouldn't be surprised if they're not in use on current gen either. As you said, these textures won't change much especially if the tractors just glide over the top of them like they usually do.
Giants already confirmed that last gen consoles won't support parallex occlusion mapping.
Eische

Post by Eische »

There is an other technique called bump offset. It uses the same height map POM uses, but it is very lightweight in terms of performance cost.
The result is not as good as POM, but much better than just normal mapping.

Maybe last gen consoles will fall back to this...
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

Ritchie wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:06 pm
ekeenan wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:45 pm Does anybody know if GPS was included? By finally including GPS, GIANTS will be proving they want to move forward.
No announcement has been made yet regarding GPS.
In several interviews from Lars "Lisertan" with german Yourubers he confirmed that there will be NO GPS in basegame.
The GPS antenna on the tractors is only a visual gimmick.
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

So no gps again no suprises there. Again we are at mercy of wopster if he and when he will make guidance steering mod
trogladitez

Post by trogladitez »

MagicBoy wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:21 pm

Hopefully they will go a step further and bring multi terrain angle to basegame. It's the thing that kills my enjoyment of a map and I only play maps which include it.
On top of that considering how badly the game runs on last gen consoles those new pom textures probably won't even be used. I wouldn't be surprised if they're not in use on current gen either. As you said, these textures won't change much especially if the tractors just glide over the top of them like they usually do.
Giants already confirmed that last gen consoles won't support parallex occlusion mapping.
Christ, other Devs have been using pom textures in their games for years. Do you know if ps5 and Xbox series consoles will have a native version or will it just run through backwards compatibility. If it's just backwards compatibility then the game will end up looking like a mobile game next to other ps5 games.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Where did you see/hear that?
They should make that information very visible, or they risk peeing people off who are pre-ordering, expecting to get POM.
One of their posts said that 22 will run better on last gen consoles than 19, so I guess it makes sense.
ekeenan

Post by ekeenan »

TobiHH wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:14 am
Ritchie wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:06 pm
ekeenan wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:45 pm Does anybody know if GPS was included? By finally including GPS, GIANTS will be proving they want to move forward.
No announcement has been made yet regarding GPS.
In several interviews from Lars "Lisertan" with german Yourubers he confirmed that there will be NO GPS in basegame.
The GPS antenna on the tractors is only a visual gimmick.

As the saying goes, that is a bummer. I have to wonder what is so difficult to include the most basic gps function? If you think about it, helper operation on a field is not that different. The length and width of a field is calculated so the the helper knows where the field starts and ends. Hopefully the author of the current gps mod still has the drive to do this again.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Makes you wonder what aspect of the helpers are "more realistic AI behaviour" then, as stated in the game announcement news post. There will be some annoyed players if it's just something like the AI turning around in a different way!

Technically if what Lars has said is true, then it doesn't mean that a GPS mod won't come as a Precision Farming module... [insert so you're telling me there's a chance meme]

PS no chance - if you've made a functioning GPS you'd include it in the base game.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Haven't they said "more realistic AI behavior" for all their versions?
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

I can't recall that. I've seen "better AI behaviour" in only FS17 (when they started avoiding objects) but that's the only one I know of. There was so little info on the actual practical side of the game in that news post that "more realistic AI" stood out a mile and as such raised hopes that there would have been some focus on that side.

I guess we might learn more with FarmCon coming later this month but on I'm still very much on the fence with FS22.

For every good screenshot or snippet of news (some of the technical advancements eg occlusion culling, parallax occlusion mapping) they are followed up by negative snippets too (eg winter flowers, green cut grass and some of the recent screenshots where that horrific bloom effect remains from FS19 - PS FS devs, a clear sky should never be white unless viewed from a camera, and that's why graduated filters are used in photography - nobody wants a white sky!).
Last edited by this_is_gav on Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Where you hear this?
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

FarmBoss wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:10 pm Haven't they said "more realistic AI behavior" for all their versions?
It was also said for the precision farming DLC, which showed no real change in AI behavior.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

I think PF may’ve made the AI poorer unless you have an RTK base station.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
MOOUSE

Post by MOOUSE »

I'm curious on the seasons in fs22. How much details will it have? Similar to what we have in fs19 or will it be "dumb down" version? I know nobody has said it yet but hope someone inside can shine on some insight on what seasons will look like for fs22.
Balsafer

Post by Balsafer »

MOOUSE wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:05 pm I'm curious on the seasons in fs22. How much details will it have? Similar to what we have in fs19 or will it be "dumb down" version? I know nobody has said it yet but hope someone inside can shine on some insight on what seasons will look like for fs22.
I hope they have snow plow removal as jobs, I havent gotten the chance to do snow removal in fs19 yet because I either start a new map or I dont play for a while heh