Farming Simulator 2022 Announcement - Fan Thoughts

DEERE317

Re: Farming Simulator 2022 Announcement - Fan Thoughts

Post by DEERE317 »

Everything is a reskin in this game if we draw it out much farther.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

DEERE317 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:38 pm Everything is a reskin in this game if we draw it out much farther.
For crops, they could have put in alfalfa or clover, which would be a second legume as well as another source for hay/forage that regrows. I doubt sorghum is going to regrow, so it will either be a high volume forage like corn or another grass crop to harvest for grain (wheat, barley, oats)

But yes, eventually there are lot of reskins, which is fine but doesn't necessarily make people have to buy the game.
Jalars86

Post by Jalars86 »

I'm excited that they finally put sorghum in the base game. It's a huge crop around here and it's always felt weird not having it in my rotation in the game. Not excited enough to pre-order the game, but I'm sure I'll be upgrading to it eventually when GPS and some other mods are converted.
FS22 on PC and Xbox One
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

bossmanslim wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:31 pm New crops
- grapes looks like another version of potatoes or sugar beets, small equipment
- olives, tbd
Nothing they can do about how grapes are harvested, that is the biggest equipment available in the grape industry. Sugar beets and potatoes can go bigger, Giants has just ended up putting small SP harvesters in. And olives are harvested similarly to grapes.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
trogladitez

Post by trogladitez »

I wish they would concentrate on the existing problems rather than adding new crops. Using the correct ground textures and getting rid of that horrible foliage pop in would be a good start.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Getting excited for the texture differences that are being showcased today is laughable when hay and straw swaths look like they do.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

chedly_farms wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:17 pm Getting excited for the texture differences that are being showcased today is laughable when hay and straw swaths look like they do.
Hopefully they will go a step further and bring multi terrain angle to basegame. It's the thing that kills my enjoyment of a map and I only play maps which include it.
faruk9154

Post by faruk9154 »

norfolk farmer wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:09 pm
chedly_farms wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:17 pm Getting excited for the texture differences that are being showcased today is laughable when hay and straw swaths look like they do.
Hopefully they will go a step further and bring multi terrain angle to basegame. It's the thing that kills my enjoyment of a map and I only play maps which include it.
+1
:hi: :!: Simulation of the King :!: :hi:
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

Knowing giants they probably wont
trogladitez

Post by trogladitez »

On top of that considering how badly the game runs on last gen consoles those new pom textures probably won't even be used. I wouldn't be surprised if they're not in use on current gen either. As you said, these textures won't change much especially if the tractors just glide over the top of them like they usually do.
Jalars86

Post by Jalars86 »

I always forget about multi terrain angle not being on the base maps because I always play mod maps. I'm not usually one to talk about immersion in a game, but the base terrain angles just look awful unless you only work in straight lines. That should definitely be included in the base game by now.
FS22 on PC and Xbox One
ekeenan

Post by ekeenan »

Does anybody know if GPS was included? By finally including GPS, GIANTS will be proving they want to move forward.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

ekeenan wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:45 pm Does anybody know if GPS was included? By finally including GPS, GIANTS will be proving they want to move forward.
No announcement has been made yet regarding GPS.
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Here's a question based in idle curiosity, with the main franchise being released as FS22, will the mobile versions now move on to odd numbered years?
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

Bryan83 wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:11 pm Here's a question based in idle curiosity, with the main franchise being released as FS22, will the mobile versions now move on to odd numbered years?
What they said in the podcast was that the numbering system is more or less of a coincidence, the pc/console always happened to be the odd years and the mobile even